056

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗜𝗫
i'll always look out for you.

AS ARIA STEPPED AWAY from the group, JJ noticed, making him frown as he watched her stumble down into the wooded area.

He backed away, taking his eyes off the woman in crutches and instead narrowed them at the emotional girl.

Aria felt the tears falling down her face, she couldn't understand why she became so emotional.

Victor was never a good father, always strict, protective, and he never was able to show his love for his daughter.

But, Aria had looked at him like he was the greatest thing on this entire planet, after a while that light inside her eyes, that flame, came to a slow burnout.

JJ slowly approached her, swallowing as he placed a palm on her shaking shoulders, "hey."

She turned to face him, quickly bringing her hands up to wipe away the tears staining her reddening cheeks.

"You don't have to hide it. I know this must be hard for you." He smiled gently, bringing his hand to cup her damp cheek.

Her eyes fluttered shut at the warmth of his hand, the feeling of his skin on hers sent shivers down her spine.

"I'm trying to be brave, JJ. I just don't know how much longer I can keep this act up." Aria sniffled, her eyes becoming glossy as she flicked them through his ocean ones.

He nodded, "I know, Ari. I'm here."

She stepped closer to him, gripping his wrist as she shook her head up and down, puffing out a sigh of exhaustion.

"Can I hug you?" He asked, an awkward distance between the two.

"Please."

He didn't hesitate as he wrapped his arms around her small body, nuzzling his chin on the top of her hand as she began to sob into his chest, one hand going to the small of her back as the other cradled the back of her head.

The two rocked their in complete silence, the only noises that could be heard was Arias sniffles and the banging of Limbreys workers a few feet behind them.

"I've got you." He lifted his head, darting his eyes down to her watery ones, "I'll always look out for you."

"Thank you." She swallowed, bringing the bottom of her palm to dry underneath her eyes, a weak smile breaking out on her plump lips.

He directed her back the group, looks of remorse ridden on their faces as they patted her back in sympathy.

The crew soon cleared out, the second they were out of sight, Pope took off seeding towards the dug up dirt.

"Pope!" The friends yelped, glancing around wearily in hopes that the Limbrey group had truly been gone.

Pope dropped to his knees beside a thick box, an unreadable expression on his face as he stared blankly at the old bones sat perfectly placed in the box.

"Cecilia Tanny, Denmark's wife. He wasn't talking about the cross. He buried her at the foot of the angel. The true treasure. His wife." His voice cracked, his eyes becoming glossed over with tears as he spoke, "Denmark was hung for burying his wife."

In his fingers, he twisted around a small ring, the sun reflecting off the silver piece of jewelry, "Her wedding ring. We can't leave her like this."

Aria knelt down before him, placing her hands over his shaky ones as she spoke softly to him, her heart breaking to see him in such a distorted state, "we won't."

They closed the box, dusting it off as they gently placed back into it's pre-dug hole, the group of six worked as a team to place the dirt over it, patting it down.

Now, Cecilia was able to test peacefully. But, her burial still left the Pogues at a dead end, their only lead turned to dust within seconds.

"I just don't get it. I mean you guys saw the map."
Pope whined, "he hides his gold so no one finds it for 170 years. And then he sends a message to his son Robert to come here to his mothers grave, but the message never gets to him. Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know were in the right spot."

Aria glanced around the air, fallen leaves crunching underneath her feet as she glided her fingertips over the hard, and old bark. The large hold at the side of the tree caught her attention, his eyes widening.

"Like we missed something?" She blurted, heads turning to her with confused looks on their faces.

The group was at her side in an instance, staring at the opening in complete awe.

"Whoa. That looks like-" Pope began, his lips parting in disbelief.

"The panting in the island room." Kie laughed, finishing off the boys sentence as she shook her head.

JJ cocked a brow at the girls discovery, slinging an arm over her shoulder, "It's worth a shot, right?"

"Go for it." Aria patted the back of his hand as it slung over his shoulder, the smug smile on his face dying down at her gesture.

He stepped back, shaking his head, "No chance. You do it!"

She furrowed her brows as she crossed her arms of her chest, tilting her head to the side teasingly, "sorry. I...I went into the storm drain so..."

"She did got in the storm drain." Pope added, the corners of his lips curling into a smirk as JJ glared at him.

He lifted his hands up in defense, blowing at a sigh as he approached the tree, "yeah. No, I'm gonna do it."

JJ climbed onto the top of the Twinkie, turning to glance at the dark haired girl as he reached his hand out towards her, "can't do it alone."

Aria scoffed, rolling her eyes at the boys fear, locking their hands together as he helped her on top of the van.

With hesitation, he slowly brought his shaking hand to the opening of the hole, reaching it inside as he paused.

"There's something in here." He bit into his bottom lip.

Suddenly, he began to scream and howl in pain, making all of the friends on the ground slam against the Twinkie in fear for their friends safety.

Aria immediately grabbed his arm, yanking it out of the hole, only to see that it was perfectly fine, no wound or injury.

JJ began to laugh, nearly bending over as he hurled, laughing obnoxiously as the friends groaned and moaned.

She slapped the back of his head, clicking her tongue at him in disappointment, "oh, you're such a dick."

"Wait, but seriously there's something in here." He reached his hand back in, pulling out a long metal stick.

He jumped off the van, holding Arias waist as he gently brought her to her feet once more.

it's about to start getting even more
juicy y'all.