070

CHAPTER SEVENTY
not your average stowaway.

ARIA'S CHEST HEAVED UP and down as she pressed her back into the framing of one of the many doorways of the ship, she locked eyes with the blonde who sent her a reassuring nod.

They watched closely as the crew members piled into the room, waiting for their cue as they crept around the doorway and pressed their body weights into the door, closing it shut.

The many members ran to the door, struggling to push it open as both teens grunted, JJ's muscled arm reached over Aria's side as he locked it.

"There's another door!" JJ yelled, they rushed to the other door, closing it shut as they placed another lock on that one.

They stepped back, breathe less. Aria glanced at the boy beside her as she gestured her head to the lower deck.

She led them down the steep steps, the large wooden box sitting untouched as the colored blanket hid the troubled treasure underneath it.

JJ flashed a small smile as he whisked the cotton off of the cross, it shined beautifully.

The two smacked their hands together in accomplishment, jerking their heads up as the cargo doors above them opened, revealing Pope standing there as the wind blew.

"The time where people do shit to us and we just sit back and take it is over." Pope pumped his fist into the air, the friends below him cheered him on proudly.

Aria gleamed up at the boy, "Yeah, Pope!"

Two ropes dropped down as they wrapped around the heavy cross, the teens gripping onto them, stumbling around.

They let go of the ropes once the cross had been dangling in the air, sending each other a look before taking off deeper into the ship, planning their own great escapes.

As they turned one of the corners, Victor stood with his arms crossed over his chest, the two troubled teens coming to a halt.

He glared at the blonde boy, then he glanced at his daughter, pursuing his lips before speaking, "I've done everything in my power to keep you away from situations like this, mostly people like this."

"Then why didn't you keep me away from yourself? I'm in the mess and you're part of the reason why. You just can't let me be happy for once. Can you?" Aria shot back, watching her father cock a brow in surprise.

"You got yourself in this mess, Cherié. You went and messed around with the wrong group of people. I had one rule. Was it so hard to follow?" He scoffed lowly, shaking his head.

Aria chewed her plump bottom lip, narrowing her eyes at the man, "They're humans. And they treat me like I'm one."

The man chuckled sarcastically, "Money is all they see you for. Do you really think they could love you for any other reason?"

"We don't fucking use her." JJ jumped down his throat in defense of himself and the others, his lips turning into a visible scowl.

"For all I know, you just wanted my daughter for money, sex, and drugs. Heard about that father of yours. Quite the role model, huh?" Victor teased lightly, watching the young boys face fall.

Arias lips parted , her brows furrowing as she fought the urge to launch at her father, "Don't you even start. Acting like you were so much better."

"At least you didn't see me pounding down a whole bottle of wine in an hour."

JJ snapped, his palms laying flat on the man's chest as he shoved him backwards, a growl leaving his mouth as the anger became to powerful to control.

Victor was quick to fight back, gripping the boys bare wrists as he shoved him forcefully, the back of his head slapping against a small metal wall harshly.

"No!" Aria yelped, turning her body towards the injured blonde but she was stopped as her father grabbed her forearm.

"How dare you betray this family. You're never gonna be like us." Victor held his daughter up against the railing, watching her shake in fear.

Her lips trembled as she looked between her father and JJ, she blinked away tears, "I'm never going to be apart of your family."

"I understand. But i can't have you embarrassing me like this, Cherié. What do I do now?"

"Let me go. Let me and my friends go. We're not gonna bring anymore trouble if you just do the right thing for once." Aria muttered, tears running down her pink tinted cheeks.

He chuckled under his breath, "That's the problem. I can't let you run off freely anymore."

"Please." She begged, watching his features pull together as he was deep in thought, he kept a tight grip on arm while standing in silence.

His eyes met his daughters bright ones, stepping closer to her, she stepped back until she met the railing of the ship, her eyes becoming wide as her father stroked her tear ridden cheeks.

"What do I do? I can't play these game with you anymore, Aria." Victors hold on his daughter got tighter, making her whimper as she attempted to shove his chest away.

JJ was slumped against the metal wall, barely realizing what was happening as he pressed the bottom of his palm to his beating vain.

"Get off me." She gripped his wrists, digging her fingernails into his skin as he held her there.

His hands dropped to her throat, beginning to squeeze tighter and tighter until she choked out at the loss of breathe, her eyes flicked between his.

"Dad. Please." She gasped, her eyes nearly popping out of her head as the breathe from her lungs was being robbed.

Her pleading cries had JJ shooting his head up, stumbling to stand as he grabbed the man's collar, yanking him backwards with all of the strength he had.

She nearly collapsed into his chest as she bathed in the warm ness of him, she clenched onto him as she watched her father regain his balance.

And then she watched as he pulled out a large knife.

Authors note!

Thank you for all of your patience with me!
This book is almost coming to a end.
I love you all.