048

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 the building friendship that she had just shattered. She knew that there was no way Rafe would change.

With the leaves crunching underneath her shoes, her sweater covering her hands as she shivered in the cold air.

Alone. That's what she had felt most days.

She walked down the road full of expensive houses and multiple cars parked in each driveway. Oh, how much she hated walking through Figure 8.

Her eyes landed on the dock, full of good memories and full of memories that she wished could fade.

The last time she had been here, had gone down as the worst day of her life.

She decided against walking back to the Chateau, the walk would be almost an hour, she had barely any functioning energy left.

Her hair blew helplessly in the wind as she wrapped her arms around her small frame, her body laid on the bench, trembling and exhausted.

By the time she had rested her eyes for the small amount of time, she opened them only to be greeted with the bird chirping and the sun beaming down on her.

She groaned as an uncomfortable feeling shot all over body.

"Fuck." She muttered, shielding her eyes from the brightness of the star shining down on the dock.

Aria tucked her hair behind her ears as she adjusted the now wrinkled sweater, she climbed the steps on the opposite side of the docks.

She hurried to her house, typing the four letter code into the garages security system.

It lifted, revealing the large room.

She tucked her head down as she stepped in, going to the side of her dads work car, her hand wrapped around the handle.

The car door didn't budge. He had left it locked.

His car keys had always been hung in his office, right beside his overly organized cabinets.

She nearly slammed her head against the car out of stupidity, her mother had been home, her room directly next to his office.

Without thinking, she scurried to the garage door, unlocking it as she quietly opened it, cringing at the obnoxiously loud squeaking sounds.

Aria left it open as she crept up the staircase, mentally cursing at herself as she tripped up the top one.

She sped walk to his office, fumbling with the silver key as she unlocked it, she turned her head to either side before opening it.

Quickly, she shut it behind her, locking it in case of her mother's awakening.

Victor had always been a neat freak, OCD to the max since Aria could remember.

He'd notice any little change of placement, having a complete tantrum if the slightest thing was out of place.

Her eyes flickered to the picture frame, she swallowed her nerves and guilt before she walked over towards it.

She pressed her fingertips underneath the frame, gently lifting it off the gold hook.

The picture was dusty, the photo itself had looked old, crinkled, and extremely worn out.

She unscrewed the back of the frame, placing it's velvet beck onto the table as she removed the glass as well.

Aria peeled the paper out of its old frame, turning it over so she could see the key visibly.

It was drawn, the detailing had been worked on, perfect to the extreme. A signature at the bottom had caught her eye.

Captain Herman

Her breathe had been robbed as she gasped, all along she had though this belonged to Denmark Tanny.

After all, the key was one of his belongings, but how did it end up in the history of the Limbreys.

Aria didn't know much about her friends family history, but she didn't lack common sense.

She remembered hearing story's of the Limbrey family, never good things. They had been known to be stealers, always wanting something others had.

Dennark Tanny was the only survivor of the Royal Merchant. He had everything at that given moment.

The gold, the key, being seen as a hero throughout the island.

Of course that would all be taken away from him. Eventually, he'd be like executed leaving behind his secret treasures for his family to discover.

She folded it neatly before sliding it into the back pocket of her jeans, her finger looping around the key.

Aria peeked her head out into the hallway, she decided to make a run for it, her feet hitting the wooden steps with echos.

For sure waking her mothers slumber due to the loud noises coming from outside her door.

She shut the garage door behind her, turning the small lock as she clicked the unlock button on car keys.

The lights flickered on as it beeped, Aria running to the drivers side as she threw the door open, she clicked the engine on as the car roared.

A pit formed in her stomach as she saw the doorknob jiggle, along with banging on the bulky door.

She placed her foot on the gas, gripping the wheel tightly as she zoomed out of the garage, the door flying open just in time.

Belle ran out behind her troubled daughter, watching her sped off down the road in her deceased husbands prize possession.

words cannot explain how much i dislike this
chapter.