067

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
good luck.

ARIA GLANCED AT THE Pogue sitting at the opposite side of the crate, his elbows on his knees as he stared at the ground.

"Hold up. I'll be out in a sec." Aria told the two boys as she climbed out of the tiny window, she slowly approached him as she crouched down before him, "J?"

He flickered his eyes up to hers, immediately getting lost as the mirrored the angelic salts of the ocean, he sighed lowly, "You should go, Aria. They'll need you're eyes."

"Can you quit it. Look, J, you just have a creative way of thinking and sometimes it's to much. We have to be as quick as possible. I don't want you to get hurt. Please, okay?" Aria frowned deeply, placing her warm hands on his larger ones.

"Fine." He replied flatly, the girls frown glued to her face at his harsh reaction, she stood up, beginning to walk away before she ripped back.

She furrowed her brows as she stumbled backwards, the blonde now towering over her height as his chest rose up and down.

"Just be careful. I can't loose you." JJ's shoulder dropped as he avoided eye contact with the girl.

The corners of her mouth lifted into a smile at his words, she nodded, cupping his hot cheeks, "I'll be so safe. Just for you, JJ."

He playfully rolled his eyes at her, watching as she exited the crate with the help of the Pogues already outside.

She exhaled as wind stuck her, the feeling immediately cooling her overly heated body, she hummed at the cold.

The three hurry away from the large crate, they run towards the deck, descending a steep staircase in a hurry.

John B peered into a doorway, looking back at the two as he held his pointer finger over his lips, signifying for them to stay quiet as he opened the door.

Aria glanced around, squinting her eyes in order to search for by standing crew members, the signal was clear, she nodded at the boys, the three climbed down into a corridor below deck.

Silently, the moved down the tight corridor, them all sucking in a sharp breathe as they'd seen a wide doorway revealing a large group of crew members, John B lucky got passed it.

Pope and Aria had gotten stuck, the backs glued to the opposite side of him, "Can't. They'll see us."

A man began to exit the room, the group of three spilling up, John B heading down a staircase as Pope rounded a corner, Aria going straight into another corridor.

The girl looked around, her heart beat ringing through her ears as she glanced around helplessly, her lips parted as she kept her guard up, jumping at every small creak or noise.

She felt completely helpless without the two boys beside her, her hands shook as she continued to creep down deeper into the corridor.

"You just left her with them! Are you crazy? Did you even bother to search for her?" A man yelled, Aria paused as she furrowed her brows.

"What did you want me to do, Victor? She was gone by morning. She must've snuck out in the night to meet up with them. I tried, alright?" Another person yelled back, the voice sounding like a older woman.

Aria's lips parted, her fathers name burning a hole through her chest. The two sounded oddly familiar, the girl didn't sit there and lurk as she made another run for it.

She kept her hand over her heart, stumbling around completely directionless.

Stairways and stairways was all she climbing down, she must've been in one of the main part of the ships, it was abandoned.

And that's when she saw it. The cross sat in sheets, the top missing as it was available to anyone eyes, she hurried down the steps, nearly collapsing as she ran her fingertips over it.

"Found you." She mumbled, feeling a wave of relief wash over her as she touched the valuable antique.

"No way. I must be dreaming. Is that you, Aria?" A voice behind her made her freeze, the cold linger in it made chills form on her skin.

She slowly turned to face them, Rafe stood there with a horrifying smirk, her flicked his eyes to the cross.

"Hi, Rafe." She trembled, rolling her plump lips into her mouth.

He shook his head, blowing out a breathe as he slowly neared her, "And what do you think you're doing? Trying to take something of mine like usual?"

Her back was against the outside of the wooden box, she ignored the pain as he pushed into her clothed skin, she glanced up at his eyes, "It doesn't belong to you, Rafe?"

"Getting bold now I see. May I remind you of what happened last time?" Rafe spoke tauntingly, watching her face completely drop and become pale.

She seemed to loose her breathe, her knuckles turning white as she gripped the crate behind her, "Please, Rafe. Don't hurt me."

His face visibly dropped as she spoke, he darted his eyes between her glossy ones, seeing the true fear in her as she attempted to create as much distance as possible between them.

"You're not gonna stay here. Let's go." His one second of sympathy and caring was over, he gently gripped her wrist as he tugged her away from the cross.

She fought, shaking her wrist as she jerked her body back, his temper was only worsening as they struggled.

A wince left her lips as he harshly pushed her back into the wall, pressing his forearm into her throat, she choked as the breathe was robbed from her lungs.

"I'm trying my best to not throw your ass overboard, Aria, but you're making it really difficult. Let's do this the harsh way, alright? Just shut the fuck up and follow me." He slowly dropped his arm, she nodded her head as her shoulders slumped.

All she could think about is why her.

authors note <3

may the fun began ;)
also a little explanation for the next chapter.
the beginning is going to touch on rafe and arias past. it's just going to be a run through of their entire relationship and as much as i dislike him it did make me tear up a bit. but y'all r gonna have to wait...