008

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙨, 𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨.

𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗣𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 at the teens dumbfounded, listening to them as they tried to explain what they had just witnessed.

"Look it was right here, and this is where that manic claimed his next victim." JJ explained, tugging at his blonde strands before placing his stolen hat over them.

"Uh-huh. His next victim?" Shoupe raised his brows as he sighed, "right. How long ago did you say this happened?"

Aria furrowed her brows in thought, parting her lips as she spoke, "forty-five minutes ago, Shoupe."

"Okay." The sheriff glanced around the construction site, no blood or any sign of a murder could be found, "and so, Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him."

It was clear that he didn't believe them. Yes he had his suspicions on the Cameron's but in his head they were just upset about the death of their friends.

"Yes." Aria nodded, "why would we lie about something like that, Shoupe?"

"Because you want me to believe that Ward shot somebody and then cleaned it all up in 45 minutes?" He formed his lips into a line as he slowly shook his, sighing out of tiredness as he folded his arms.

"We filmed the entire thing." Kiara groaned in frustration.

Shoupe flicked his eyes between the teens, "you filmed it?"

"Yes, but we can't show it to you because I stepped on JJ's hand, and then he kicked Pope, and then Pope dropped the camera, and it broke." Kiara explained throughly.

"This is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long-distance, image, and...and...and I fell, and it broke, so the video is basically unusable." Pope added.

Aria jumped in before Shoupe could speak and shut their accusations down, "But...but we were there, and we're wit..."

"So the dog ate your homework?" He interrupted her, scoffing under his breathe.

"No, Shoupe. I know it sounds...I don't know." Kiara stuttered, raking her hand through her brunette curls.

He sighed again, "look, I don't know what you kids expect me to do with this. You drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing."

JJ shook his head as he clenched his jaw, "no it's not nothing."

"Except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's out on a random killing spree." Shoupe rolled his eyes.

Aria pleaded with him desperately, "we're not making this up! It's not some random killing spree. Gavin was his pilot. Okay, he was paying him hush money because he was on the tarmac that day. Gavin was blackmailing Ward because he had the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin."

"He called him here and tried to pay him off. But it wasn't enough, and then he shot him." JJ gulped as he continued on Aria's statement.

"Exactly. With the murder weapon." Pope nodded.

"How do you know this?" Shoupe asked.

"Pope did this thing with his phone. He, like, put it in his car and..." Aria furrowed her brows as she attempted to explain.

Pope jumped in, "I heard their whole conversation."

"You wiretapped him?" The sheriff rubbed his forehead as stress wrinkles appeared, "stop. Just stop. I've had enough."

Aria scoffed, a smile of annoyance appearing on her colored lips, "what? Are you gonna look the other way again?"

"You ever heard about the boy who cried wolf?" Shoupe mocked.

The teens had grown a hatred for the men in front of them, they rolled their eyes in sync.

"Why would we make this up? Why can't you believe us for once?" Aria grumbled, her lips curling into a scowl as she narrowed her eyes at the officer.

"Waste of my goddamn time." Shoupe mumbled, releasing a tired groan as the group of friends began to argue with him.

He placed his hand in front of him, signaling for them to stay quiet as he started speaking over them, "hey! Listen, I know you're upset. And I know you think your friend is innocent. But you weren't there."

"I was! I was there, Shoupe. I watched Rafe Cameron shoot the sheriff. I'm not fucking mental. The only mental one is the Cameron's! How much are they paying you?" Aria snapped, face scrunching up in furry as she stared at him.

"You're in delusional, Aria. You watched your best friend shoot the sheriff, and you just want to protect him. I understand completely. But you can't go and blame other people." Shoupe frowned, "your own father says that you are mentally unstable after it. Trust me when I say the Cameron's have a lot more credibility then all of you."

Aria laughed in disbelief, "delusion? You're supposed to be serving justice for Peterkin, instead you're ignoring the actual reason on why she is dead!"

"Enough. All of you." Shoupe quickly shut her down, the topic of his partner still making him queasy, Aria rolled her eyes, "I saw your little project on Ward's wall. Do not do that again."

Kiara scoffed, "oh, come on."

"All right? Gonna make things a lot harder for the both of us." The sheriff concluded as he began to walk back to his car, the Pogues not hesitating as they followed him out of the construction site, "go home."

"At least...at least look for him!" Aria gripped his car door, holding it open as he started the engine, "someone died tonight!"

"Get on home to your parents now." He gave them a closed lip smile before shutting his door and speeding off.

They watched him drive away as they stood there in defeat. Aria sighing as she tucked her dark strands behind her ears, "I knew this would happen."

"Well if Pope didn't drop the camera." JJ growled, lolling his blue eyes back.

"You kicked him in the face, JJ." Aria narrowed her eyes at her angered boyfriend.

His lips parted in shock as she sided with the Pogue, "oh, it was my fault?"

"Yeah, it was your fault! If you didn't kick him we would still have the footage." She shot back.

"Why do you always take his side? Why do you never take mine?" JJ dug his pointer finger into his chest as he raised his voice.

"Seriously, JJ? You're my fucking boyfriend! I'm always on your side, bro." Aria argued, her hands slapping the outsides of her bare thighs.

Pope interrupted their arguing, "hey! Hey! We're not out of this yet. We could still go get the gun."

:)
hope y'all don't hate me...
bc in the next upcoming chapters
things are gonna get heated.