038

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗗 what death would be like, weather it would be painful or it would just be comforting.

As the water filled her lungs, tiredness overwhelming her body, she didn't want to fight it. After all she was tired, she wanted to rest and wake up as a new person.

But she never did.

"When is she going to wake up?" Rafe paced around the guest bedroom, Aria's unconscious body tangled up in the silk white sheets.

"Soon." Ward breathed, staring blankly at the teen girl, "keep checking her pulses, make sure she doesn't die. We can't have another body on our hands, Rafe."

That's all he cared about. He didn't care if she died, or would've been better for him if she did.

Within an hour, Aria was beginning to stir, she jolted up out of sleep, her heart pounding in her chest.

Rafe jumped as well, his eyes widening, "Ari."

"No!" She yelled in fear, throwing herself into the headboard of the bed as she cowered away from him, "please. Stay away."

He placed his hands in the hair, taking steps back cautiously, "okay."

"Why am I here? How did I get here? How am I alive?" Aria rambled, her hands gripping her bare skin as she felt as if she was living a dream.

"You had an accident last night." Rafe assured, keeping a large gap between them as he moved to the foot of the bed, "you passed out."

For a spilt second she believed him, she hadn't remembered much from last. She remembered meeting Rafe, then beginning to argue and then her running. And then it hit her.

"You tired to kill me last night." Aria glanced at him, her chest rising up and down rapidly.

He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it as two people hurried into the room.

"Oh, Aria." Belle had a look of horror on her face, she was beside her daughter within seconds, stroking her frizzy strands.

Victor stood with his hands stuffed in his pockets, blowing out a sigh as Ward came to stand next to him.

"Thank you, Rafe. If you didn't find her, she could've been dead." Victor patted him on back, flashing him a thankful smile.

"What?" Aria asked in disbelief, her eyes flickering between her father and Rafe, "what did you tell them?"

"I told them what happened. I can see that you're still loopy, huh?" He shook his head, tilting it the side tauntingly.

Belle continued to stroke Aria's hair, her face stern, "we need to take her home, Vic. She needs to rest properly."

Aria was extremely frustrated, of course they would believe Rafe. The thought of being alone in her home with her mother and father made her stomach twist.

"No." She shook her head rapidly, shrugging her mothers hands away from her, "I'm fine. I don't wanna go home."

"You need to rest, honey." Belle frowned at her daughters erratic state, "you must've gotten a lot of water in your lungs."

Aria threw her feet over the edge of the bed, Belle urging her to lay back down, "no, no, get off me."

"Listen to your mother." Victor stepped in, "lay back down."

"No. I'm fine. I have to go." Aria pushed her mothers hands off her as she stood, "I have to go."

She weaved around her father as he attempted to grab her, with little energy she ran to the door, throwing it open as the chilly air formed goosebumps on her delicate skin.

The only exit she was close to had been the back doors, she stupidly ran to the docks, her sneakers thudding against the tinted wood.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she immediately recognized the shiny, speedy red boat passing by her.

Topper.

"Hey! Topper!" She called out, his head snapping over to her as he pulled his brows together in confusion.

"Aria?" The boat was beginning to slow down as he approached her, "hey."

She smiled gently, "hey, T. Look, I'm really sorry e about everything. But, listen, I really need your help."

He nodded, bringing the small boat to a compete stop.

"Rafe drowned me last night. I don't know how I'm even alive to be honest, but he convinced my parents otherwise. They think I just fell into the water. I need you to bring me to the Château." She confessed quickly."

"Oh." Was all he managed to say, "get in."

Aria thanked him as he helped her onto the vehicle, 
her knees went to her chest as she curled up, her chin pressing into her kneecaps as she sighed gently.

"You're gonna be okay." Topper glanced back at her, his lips curling into a small smile.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do this. I was a terrible friend to you." Aria swallowed, a pang of guilt burning her chest.

Topper nodded gently, "I wasn't an amazing friend either, Ari."

The two continued their journey to the Château in comfortable silence, the engine rumbling had been the only noise.

Within minutes they had started to approach the dock of John B's home, Arias jaw had dropped as she saw the brunette standing there freely.

:)
hi loves