028

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚, 𝙍𝙖𝙛𝙚.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘 𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗘 heard approaching footsteps, leaves crunching under their boots as they walked. John B shushed the surrounding friends as he listened closely.

"I heard a car door." He announced, rushing to put out the smoking fire.

Aria stood, holding onto to JJ's shoulder for support as she glanced around the yard. Hiding wasn't going to be easy for the teens, seeing that there was only trees around them.

"Up here." She pointed towards the carved tree, assisting Sarah as the group helped her climb the branch.

The blonde was tucked behind a thick branch, her body being shielded by the wood. John B was next, going beside her on a even bigger branch.

JJ glanced over at his girlfriend, offering her a helping hand which she politely declined, "no. You go first."

The two began to bicker back and forth, the footsteps only getting closer as the time was beginning to forward. Somehow JJ had gave into her convincing, helping himself onto the tree.

Aria reached for the hanging branch, it looked old, like it was going to collapse at any given moment. She jumped as she heard the familiar voice of the Cameron boy. She had no time to make it up the tree without blowing her friends cover.

Rafe held a small gun in his hand, a smirk growing on his face as he laid eyes on the bubbling hot tub. Aria placed a hand over her mouth as she crept towards the tree covering the fireplace.

Her chest was rising up and down rapidly as she stayed hidden, she could image the hurt in JJ's face. God, she was stupid.

"Oh." Rafe laughed gently as he turned, his light eyes immediately catching sight of the weakened girl he chuckled, "what do we have here."

"Rafe." Aria swallowed, placing her hands beside her head as she eyed the loaded gun clutched in his hands, "please don't shoot."

This only egged him on more, a sly smirk coming across his pink lips as he watched her crumble. He enjoyed seeing her scared, the way she'd beg for forgiveness. He moved his finger to rest on the trigger, "why should I? You threatened my father and I. You could throw me in jail and not think twice about it."

"That's not true." She shook her head, her voice breaking as she glanced up to his red laced eyes, "you did something bad, Rafe. Bad people have to receive consequences for their actions. It's the law."

He nearly laughed as she nibble on her bottom lip, he lolled his eyes back as he sneered, "shut the fuck up, Aria. You're in love with some broke ass Pogue who's got you completely brainwashed."

"Watch your mouth." Aria spat, becoming extremely defensive over the blonde boy, "don't bring him into this. You still love me and you can't except the fact that I've moved on."

"You've got lots to say. Remember I'm the one pointing the gun, love." He chuckled, raising his hand as he held the gun up to her head, the deadly weapon now being face to face with her.

Aria gulped, immediately regretting not biting her tongue as the anger was laced in her voice. Rafe wouldn't shoot her, right?

"I'm sorry, Rafe." She mumbled, "you're angry and i understand why you are. Killing innocent people isn't the answer to all of your questions."

"But it is." He shot back, coking his brow, "you're not an angel. You're the creation of satan. We're the same."

She shook her head rapidly, tears building in her eyes, "don't you even compare us. We aren't the same. You like hurting people."

"And you don't? I know you've got some pent up anger in there. The pressure of the gun just reveals it. I know the real you, Aria." Rafe smiled gently.

"Fuck you." She cursed, her lips staying slightly parted as she watched his face twist.

His finger pulled down on the trigger, the gun angled up a tad as he shot the tree behind her. A loud yelp left her mouth as she ducked, holding her hands over her head.

"Keep playing these games with me and the next bullet goes straight into your skull." He grabbed her arms forcefully, her body slamming back into the tree as Barry ripped him off.

Rafe shoved off his friend, turning around as he lifted the gun once more. Two more shots were fired, both bullets going straight into their detailed carving for John B's suspected death.

The three hidden in the tress jerked back behind tmr beaches, a bullet missing JJ as he tucked himself out of sight.

Aria fell to the ground, her heart was ponding threw her eardrums as she slumped against the rough bark.

"Rafe! Let's go!" Barry yelled, gripping his colored shirt as he quickly dragged him away from the scene.

Once the two of them were out of sight, Sarah, John B, and JJ climbed down hurriedly, the group running over to her side.

"Aria? Are you shot? Can you hear me?" Sarah fell to her knees, tucking the knotted blonde strands behind her ears as she studied the girls appearance.

Aria quickly shook her head, salty tears running down her face as she choked out a sob, "h-he could've killed me."

"It's okay. I'm right here, baby. Ive got you. He's never going to hurt you. I promise." JJ soothed, pressing a kiss to her forehead as he wiped away the falling tears.

"God, you scared the shit out of me. Thought we lost you for a second." John B sighed, chuckling as he rubbed her bare knees.

She smiled gently at her friends worry, nodding her head as she melted into the warmth of JJ's arms. He scooped her up, wrapping his arms around her back as he helped inside of the Chateau.

Aria fell asleep that night, cuddled into the blondes chest as he whispered reassuring words into her ear as she drifted off. His lips stayed puckered against her soft strands, attempting to soothe her pain as she slept.

He loved her. He hated seeing her hurt or scared, it made him physically ill. His heart nearly stopped as he heard the gun go off, the image of her possibly being shot replaying in his mind as a nightmare.

:)
my loves!!
it's only getting worse...