045

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙚𝙮.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗔𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔 headache, the bandage still placed over her wound as she laid sprawled out on the couch.

She opened her eyes, immediately noticing the sunset had already happened, darkness taking over the sky completely.

Pope sat on the ottoman, fiddling with a small object, a stern look on his face as he seemed to carefully examine it.

He glanced up, feeling eyes on him, the look on his face whisked away as it was replaced with a smile, "hey."

"Hi."

He stood, slipping the key into his pocket as he walked over to her, he placed his fingertips on her temples, feeling the fast beat underneath them.

"Headaches are normal. Here's an Advil. JJ told me that they help you the most." Pope gestured over to the small pill beside the class of water on the bedside table.

Aria smiled gently, sitting up as she groaned in discomfort, she placed the colored pill into her mouth, feeling it beginning to melt on her tongue as she chugged the half filled class.

JJ came into the room, his steps coming to a halt as he saw Aria placing the now empty cup back onto the cheap table.

"Ari? You're awake." He nearly ran to her side, his lips lifting as he sat next to her.

"Yep." She nodded, tucking her frizzy strands behind her ears.

JJ glanced at Pope as he causally tilted his head to the side, gesturing towards the door. Pope quickly caught on as he exited the room.

The blonde cleared his throat before locking eyes with her again.

"Look, Aria." He began, "I'm really sorry for everything that's happened between us. More specifically what you've been through in the past twenty-four hours most be unexplainable. I'm sure I didn't help with that."

She broke their eye contact as she stared at her lap, "thanks, JJ. But I'm not asking for your pity. My dad wasn't my best friend, we were barely even close."

"He's still your dad." JJ shrugged, staring at her side profile as she continued to avoid his breathtaking eyes.

"Yeah. He surely wasn't the best dad. It's just this is a lot for me. With the break up, and now my dad is dead." She breathed out a laugh, shaking her head in acceptance.

JJ darted his tongue out to wet his dry lips, "If I would've known all of this was going to happen, I wouldn't have done it."

She turned to him, finally capturing his eyes, "Do you regret it?"

"Yes." He answered truthfully, now it had been his turn to avoid her narrowed eyes.

She nodded, tearing her eyesight off the blonde boy, "you said it was for the best. At least I know you won't her hurt."

JJ gently placed his thumb on her chin, lifting her head up slightly, forcing their eyes to interlock, "being without you makes me hurt. But knowing that you're safe is the reason that I did what I did."

"I'm able to protect myself, JJ." She groaned.

"I know. I just want to protect you. I really thought that I was going to loose you." He breathed out, shaking his head as his hand dropped to his side.

Aria immediately felt the warmth ness leave her skin as his hand disappeared, she sighed, "you're never going to loose me, J."

"Even if we can't be together?" He asked, his brows pulling together in seriousness,

"In another lifetime we're soulmates. We're happy." Aria smiled, her eyes beginning to water as she lifted her hand to his cheek.

His head tilted down, their lips inches apart as they laid in silence.

Perhaps this had been them draining out their love for one another. Or maybe just a hopeful touch for the next time they meet.

Falling in love is overrated. In the end it'll all conclude the same.

Pope had walked back in quickly, the two close teenagers jumping away from each other as he entered.

"Sorry." He apologized, flicking his eyes between them, "anyways. I found the key."

He lifted it, the light bouncing over the shininess of the vintage item.

"So?" JJ asked in confusion, examining the key as his head tilted curiously to the side.

"Look."

Pope walked over to the light switch, flicking it down as darkness engulfed the entirety of the room.

He brought a flashlight up, facing the key towards an empty wall as he placed the bright light behind it. Words projected onto the wall.

Aria parted her lips in shock, her eyes squinting as she read the message hidden within the lost key.

Path to the tomb begins in the island room.

The projected letters read, the three teens in complete confusion as they tried to make sense of the riddle.

"What does that even mean." Aria asked, flicking her vision towards the boy.

He shrugged, "no clue."

"Can I see it?" She hesitated.

Pope nodded, handing her the key as he sat on the ottoman.

Aria glided her fingertips over the old key, bringing closer to her face as she examined it. It has seemed so familiar, almost like she had seen it before.

She turned her head to JJ, "do you have my phone?"

"Yeah." JJ reached over the couch, grabbing it off the side table as he handed it to her.

She unlocked it, clicking her photos app as she began to scroll through the pictures.

"I knew it."

hiii
hope you're doing
well :)