015

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚?

𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘𝗡 𝗜𝗡 confusion as Belle rolled down the passenger seat window, signaling for Aria to step closer to the parked vehicle.

Slowly she approached it, her mother sitting comfortably in the driver seat, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips as Aria stepped closer.

"Hi chérie." Belle greeted, unlocking the car doors as she lowered the music blaring on the radio.

Aria furrowed her brows at the old nickname, her lips parting, "what are you doing here."

"Shoupe called, told me that you came in for a statement. I wasn't gonna make you walk home." She laughed, fixing her bleached hair in the rear view mirror.

"Oh, um, thanks?" Aria hesitated, wrapping her hand around the door handle as she pulled it open, sliding in as she sat with her body facing the door.

Her mother rolled her eyes at her daughters childish behavior, "Aria, I don't bite."

"Right." Aria chuckled uncomfortably, scratching the back of her head.

The drive was relatively silent, until Aria brought up the topic of her traveling to Charleston with the Pogues.

"I actually had a,uh, question." She swallowed, turning to glance at her mothers side profile.

Belle hummed, "what is it?"

"I was wondering if I would be able to go to Charleston tonight. I would be back in time for school tomorrow but I really need to go." Aria explained shortly, fiddling with her fingers as she waited for Belle's response.

"Charleston? No, Ari, not tonight. It's a school night and we both know you won't be home for class tomorrow." Belle answered, a small shake of her head as she turned to look at Aria.

Aria sat up, shaking her head, "you don't understand, this is the only chance I have to clear John B's name."

"John B? It doesn't mean anything to clear his name now. He's dead." She responded harshly, "I understand that what you are going through is incredibly difficult. You lost your two best friends but your father and I are worried."

"Do you understand?" Aria scoffed, turning to look out at the scenery they had been flying past.

Her house came into view, Victor stood outside, leaning against the posts as he waited for his wife to return.

Belle drove onto the gravel of their driveway, parking the car as she opened her door, "I do understand."

Aria quickly shut hers as she exited, following after her mother as they hurried up the concrete steps, "why are so concerned?"

"Because you're spending all of your time with that boy." Belle was quick to bring JJ into their brewing argument.

"JJ? Are you seriously dragging him into this? You're acting like I picked him up off the street! He's my boyfriend." The teen spat, nearly ripping at her roots as anger flooded into her veins.

"That boy isn't good for you." Victor jumped in, getting tangled in the middle.

She scrunched her face up as her father took her mother's side, like always, "leave him out of this. How would you even know what's good for me?"

"Because you're my daughter. You should be with someone who is worthy of your time, Aria." His tone was harsh, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You mean someone who is worthy of your time and is completely loaded." She corrected, narrowing her eyes at the two.

Belle scoffed, rubbing in temples as she attempted to soothe her furry, "break up with JJ."

Aria laughed, cupping a hand over her mouth as she shook her head, "how much drugs are you on right now? That's never going to happen."

The older woman flared her nostrils, reaching her hand into her bag as she pulled out the slightly crumbled paper, "if you choose JJ then you're going to boarding school."

"Boarding school? Yeah, okay, mom. I'm not going to break up with JJ because he's not rich. Do you even hear yourselves right now?" Aria formed her lips into a fine line.

"It's the only way to keep you away from that damn Pogue!" Victor yelled, his eyes darting to the pick up truck approaching the front deck.

Aria was quick to turn her head over towards the vehicle, her body seeming to calm as they blonde opened the passenger seat door.

"Well you're gonna have to kidnap me. I'll see y'all tomorrow." Aria jetted down the steps, her parents following behind her as the teenager ran into the safe arms of JJ.

"Get in the car, love." He whispered in her ear, rubbing the soft strands of her hair as he helped into the truck, "it's good to see y'all. Mr. and Mrs. Campbell."

JJ had done everything he possibly could to make Aria's overly stuck up parents like him. It was mutual, the blonde had hated them as much as they hated him, but they were still her parents.
"I promise to bring her back in one piece." Pope stuck his head out of the drivers window, flashing them a sarcastic smile before loudly roaring the engine.

"Aria, listen to me. You wanna go, then you can go. But if you aren't home by 8:00 pm, then don't come home at all!" Belle watched her daughter stay frozen next to JJ.

She didn't say anything, she didn't know how she was supposed to responded. Was she exposed to feel so relieved?

"She's bluffin'." JJ mumbled, flicking his eyes back to the angry adults before sending them a smile, "y'all have a good day."

:)
bf or life ??
if it's jj maybank then
kill me off <3