047

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗔𝗗 door behind her as she flicked on the light, a gasp of shock left her lips as the room became bright.

Shattered glass covered the tiling flooring, family pictures thrown carelessly onto the ground as the frames were cracked.

She cautiously stepped around the glass, her hand holding onto the wooden railing as she stepped up the stairs.

"Mom!" She yelled out into the silent house, her eyes darting all around her.

Loud sobs echoed from her parents bedroom, the door shut.

"Mom?" She knocked gently, the crying coming to a end as she heard shuffling footsteps on the other side.

The door flew open, the door knob surely putting a dent into the wall due to the harshness of its swing.

Aria stepped back, her eyes going wide.

"This is all you're fault! You spoiled bitch!" Belle screamed.

Her mother had been a complete disaster, her blonde hair in a tangled ponytail, mascara covering her cheeks as her eyes had been red.

"My fault?" Aria nearly scoffed as she glared at her mother.

"You were working so hard to save that damn boy! You just had to stick your nose where it shouldn't have been stuck. Now your fathers dead!" The woman sobbed loudly.

Aria clenched her jaw, "that boy? He was accused of a murder he didn't commit! It's dads fault for covering Wards ass for all these years!"

"Ward? They're both dead. Now you're going to grow up without a dad. I hope you live with that guilt everyday that now you're mothers a widow!" She barked.

"It's not like he was ever there for me now! You didn't even love him, mom! You just loved his money. You can't lie to me." Aria snapped, tears pooling in her own eyes.

This has Belle freezing, her head tilting to the side as she slowly approached her daughter.

"Lay a finger on me and you're gonna straight to jail. I'm done with your shit. I came back here to make sure you're okay. Stop treating me like i'm you're rag doll."

Aria backed up, her mother stopping in her tracks as tears ran down her pink cheeks.

"I wish I had a different daughter."

Her words had struck Aria, the teenagers face falling as she slowly nodded.

"Then your wish is my command." Aria's voice broke as she turned her back to the woman, hurrying out of the place she used to call home.

With tears ridden in her ocean eyes, she quickly stomped down the steps, throwing her front door open as she didn't bother to lock it shut behind her.

She crossed her arms over her chest as she walked down the gravel driveway, feeling the pebbles underneath her dirty shoes.

Her head was spinning, her body trembling in the coldness of the bitter night in Kildare Island.

"Fuck me." She muttered as she continued to walk down the path, not daring to look back at the house behind her.

She should've known this was going to happen. She should've listened to JJ when he said this wasn't a good idea.

Being good didn't seem like an option anymore, she'd have to live without either of her parents at this point.

Her father dead. Her mother becoming a miserable widow that was unable to cope with the loss of her husband.

But Aria couldn't understand. Belle had only seemed to love Victor for his money, and now she was going to get every cent he ever made.

"Rough night?" A voice asked, startling Aria as she turned on her heels.

Rafe sat on his curb, his back facing the Cameron residence.

His eyes were red, hair messy as his fingers were constantly running over it, his voice scratchy as his clothes were wrinkled.

Aria nodded, "I can say the same for you."

He gestured his hand to the free spot beside him, keeping their eyes locked as he reached his hand, hovering it over the spot.

Instead of running the opposite way, she compiled, shrugging her shoulders as she walked over to him.

She sat beside him, her knees huddled to her chest as she sniffled.

"Look-" Rafe began.

"I don't want your apology." She cut him off quickly, tucking her dark strands behind her ears.

He glanced at the street, running his tongue along the inside of his mouth as he had become completely speechless.

"Nothing you say can fix this." Aria furrowed her brows, one of her hands coming to cradle her cold cheek.

"You've never hurt me. Ever. That's why i'm terrified. I never wanted to hurt you. I can't control it. It's to much for me to handle." Rafe cautioned, his bottom lip beginning that quiver.

Aria kept her eyes glued to her chipped nail polish, letting his words echo through her mind as she sat their in silence.

"We're not the same. We'll never be the same. I know this hurts, Rafe. We were never fit for each other. You have to let me go. Please." Her voice was barely above a whisper as she spoke.

His eyes shut as he breathed out, his hands closing into a fist as his leg shook.

"I'm sorry." Was all he managed to say.

No matter how fucked in the head he had been, he'd always and forever love the Campbell girl. Something about her made him want to be better.

"How am I supposed to forgive you?" She asked, cocking a brow as she finally mustered up the courage to look at him.

His eyes met hers within seconds, seeming to make this harder for both of them in different ways.

"I don't know." He shrugged, "don't?"

"I've always tried to see the good in people, Rafe. I seen the good in you the first day I met you. But it's gone." She muttered, her palm covering his large hand.

His eyes darting down to the contact between them, his heart skipping a beat as he felt her cold hand on his.

"I can't control it. I'm hearing voices all the time and they're not mine." He admitted, biting into his bottom lip.

She swallowed, removing her hand as it fell back into her lap.

"I wish I could help you. I know you don't believe me but this is breaking me." She tilted her head to the side, desperate for him to glance at her.

He knew if he did it'll click inside his head, the urge to wrap his hands around her throat. Rafe has always hated rejection.

"For the benefit of my life and yours, let's keep our distance. I should've done this a long time ago." Aria stood, wiping her palms on her pants before slowly stepping back.

Let go.

Letting go.

Was it supposed to be this painful?

hi lovers!
a few things...
1) the other books i have published will
be updated slowly. due to the fact that this one that
you are currently reading is my main project.
2) i see every comment you make! i hope you
guys know how much i truly appreciate you.
3) i'm proud of you. no matter how much progress
you're making ;)