C5: Blueberries and Pancakes

Jaydee's POV (Flashback)

"Aren't you hungry?" Frances asked me.

"Hey." I greeted her and approached with a back hug and kiss her on top of her head.

"Hi." Frances greeted back.

"What you doing?" I curiously asked. She seemed pretty occupied.

"Nothing." She said. She's obviously not good at lying.

"Really?" I asked her once again.

"No." She responded. She's hiding something.

"What's that?" I asked again.

"Nothing."  Smells something fishy going on.

"Nothing? Food's ready." I reiterated once more and called out everyone including my friend who came here for breakfast. 

When I came back to the kitchen that's when I catch her feeding the stray cat with some leftover pizza from last night.

"Look Queen, if you keep feeding that fleabag,
it's gonna keep coming back and I'm allergic." I blurted out from her back. I saw her jump a bit.

"Like you claim to be allergic to cilantro?" She backfired. Damn, this girl don't really just throw an argument.

"I can't stand cilantro." I defended. I hate 'em. I'm not eating cilantro.

"Exactly. But you're not allergic." She said emphasizing each word.

"Does anybody want strawberries
I bought at the farmers' market?" She announced at the table like a mother feeding every nutrient to her children.

The moment of impact when I knew I wanted you for a long run.

"Buying groceries, bad sign." Ate Ecka said on the side jokingly referring to Frances.

"What?" Frances ask, while everyone jokingly pretends to have a discussion as if she's not there.

"And we all know what that means." Amy said agreeing to what Ate Ecka stated a while ago with macking wiggling of her eyebrow. I look at her and send her sign to stop.

"I  like her. She have been a good mom to me while you're MIA pops" Cole said while facing me obviously talking to me with matching two thumbs up and wink. Well Cole isn't really my daughter she's my niece  her parents are always busy she's almost with me all the time since she was 5 years old. What's amazing tho, was that she never liked any of my past relationship. What did Frances feed her to make Cole love her like this?

"She's like our mascot." Ate Brei said. She can really be savage but still have humour, how can that be possible?

"Thanks, I think." Frances thanked her while still confused of what's going on.

"I would rather have her
than that ferret you tried to make us adopt." Ate Lara seconded with a hint of disappointment. I guess she can't forgot what I made her do back then.

"And she makes great coffee. Let's keep her."  Said Ate Sheki who can't live a day without caffeine running in her blood.

" Thank you." Frances responded feeling proud. I remember back then she make coffee taste like death so I payed Mrs. Marchel the old lady in our favorite café to teach her to make coffee.

"Okay guys everything you said are noted. Shut up and eat." I said interfering them as I served their pancake and we all just laugh.

"Have some, Darling." I served France's with Blueberries instead of strawberries she love it that way.

" Thank you." she responded. I waited for her to notice what I've out in her pancake.

""Movie"? I think you spelled "movie" wrong" She told me with confusion written all over her face

"No." I told her as I went to her and fix the Blueberries in her pancake.

"Told you." Ate Abby whispered on my ear as she was seated just beside Frances.

"Yes." We all turned I gaze toward Frances when she blurted out her answer. All of us rejoice in joy, it was a tense-filled breakfast I must say.

With that she just plainly kiss me in front of everyone.

Told you I'm in with her for a long run.