C16: Piece By Piece

Jaydee's POV

"Hey." I greeted my wife when I got home.

"Hey. How was your day?" she said without looking at me.

"It was fine. I'm just happy to be home with you." I told her while I go near her to check what she's doing.

"Sorry about the mess here." She said and look at me with a smile. She's wearing glasses with her at home clothes.

"No problem

"No problem." I said leaning on the wall while watching her do her thing.

"What, are you collaging?" I asked her when I saw her rearranging photos.

"Do I collage?" She asked out of nowhere.

"No, not that I remember." Shrugging my shoulders.

"No, you know, I was just so inspired
just seeing everybody last night." She said referring to the party we went to after dinner.

"To collage?" I asked confused. She just laugh at me. I miss those. I miss hearing her contagious smile.

"All those memories
just came flooding back to me,

so I thought I'd make a timeline,
you know, of my life." She explained while proceed doing the collage.

"That's... That's great. That's a great idea." I said cheering her up.

"Yeah." She agreed.

"I kind of rummaged through
some of your stuff. I hope you don't mind." She's still not comfortable with me after all. I just smiled at her.

"It's fine. It's fine. What's mine is yours." We're married Frances please. I just sighed.

"I even have a certificate
from the State of Illinois to prove it."  The hell Jaydee why did you even told her that. I said in my mind as I give myself a mentally slap.

"Yes, I found that. It's in the lost years.

See, I started over here.

I found some family photos,
me when I was little, stuff like that.

That was easy to put into chronological
order because I remember that stuff.
That's good, right?" She said guiding me in her timeline. So her life with me is really in her lost hears huh.

" Yeah, yeah. I guess so." Just agree with her Jaydee she's your wife after all.

" But what I've been trying to do
is pinpoint the last memory I had

before everything just went blank." She said desperately trying to remember everything she can.

"How's that going?" I asked curiously.

"I think I was at the Macaroni Grill,

and I was asking them if they had
those special toasted ravioli.

And I don't remember the answer.

That's it, that's all, that's my last memory
before I woke up in a hospital." She said and sighed deeply. I know what Frances looks when she's getting disappointed with herself and she got that looks right now.

" No. How are we ever gonna know
if they had toasted ravioli?" I joke she just chuckled.

" God, this is not happening." She said and rolled her eyes on me.

" It's okay." I said comforting her.

"This is not happening." She said and held her head covering her face.

Out of nowhere I begun to tickled
her to divert her attention.

"Okay? No, no, no, no, please don't do that." She said begging me to stop.

"What..." I cluelessly asked.

"What are you doing?" She said finally snapping at me.

"I'm sorry." I said when I realized she's serious.

"I'm sorry. Was that...
That was one of our things?" She asked she must've been feeling guilty.

"Yeah, kind of. It..."  I was unsure if I'm going to tell her.

"I'm sorry..." She said again. Don't be wife. You should never feel sorry when you're with me. But of course O didn't tell her that.

"No. You don't have to say it.
You don't. I get it. It'll all come back.

We just have to keep doing what we're doing,

let you fall back into your life.

It'll all sort itself out." I said and fake a smile.

"Yeah." She agree but I saw her turned gloomy after that.

After that scenario. I just cook. We ate dinner and went to bed. As usual I sleep on the couch outside our room she sleep inside our room. I'm happy she chose to stay with me but my back pains been killing me.

Goodnight wife.