C18: Wrong Type Of Moving: Moving Out

Jaydee's POV

"Frances?" I called her when I got home.

"Yeah?" She answered from inside our room.

"I passed by that little Portuguese bakery that you love on the way home,band I got us some..." I said just like nothing happened yesterday when I heard the bathroom flushed.

"Is somebody here?" I asked Frances she didn't tell me that.

" Yeah." She said looking away.

"Jaydee." Frances' dad called my name as he got out from the bathroom.

" Hey." I said acknowledging his presence.

"My brother's fiancée just up to her eyeballs with this wedding stuff,

and we've got
the engagement party coming up." Frances started to explain out of a sudden. I think I know where this is going.

"And we all thought Frances could come home and help her out." Her father butted in since Frances seems hesitant to tell me.

"It just seems like the right thing to do, to be there for Duke and Cresila." She continues while looking down trying to avoid my gaze.

"Okay. But what about your life here?

What about all the work
that you haven't finished?" I asked trying to create reason for her to stay with me cause I know once she leave she would never come back.

"I talked to the people at the Tribune.

And they were really understanding
about the accident,

and Dad's gonna loan me the money
to pay back their advance, so...

I don't know. I just... I can't do it." Frances explained as if everything was already planned and working out.

" You just come out when you're ready, honey." her dad said and head straight outside.

"Okay, thanks, Dad." Frances said and face me.

"I'm sorry. It's just until after the wedding." She said with a worried smile. I know she's struggling too.

"I just want you to be careful, okay?" I said holding her hand and looking down. I can't cry for her anymore if I do I'm afraid I'm gonna give away myself too much.

"Well, I'm not joining a cult.
I'm just going to stay with my family." She said laughing a little trying to lighten up the mood.

"I know, but..." I said trailing her.

"But what?" She said while holding my cheeks. I'm so soft for this gesture wife please stop.

"Can I at least give you an awkward hug?" My wife hug me it's not how she used to but it'll do. I hugged her back tight while I let my tears fall down quietly.

When we broke up the hug I head straight to our room without looking at her or saying anything.

This isn't goodbye yet, my love.