Special Chapter: After, Aftershock

Frances' POV
It's already late but I'm still outside walking at the neighbourhood planning to go to Café Mnemonic. I was about to pull the door handle when another person got to it first I look at her..

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." I said in return.

"I hope you didn't come all the way
into the city for hot chocolate." She said and laugh at me while she's wearing her charming smile.

"Actually, I moved back here six months ago.

I'm over in Rogers Park." I told her after she assumed I'm not from here.

"Really? That... That's great." Her look of disbelief suddenly turn into a relief.

"I'm actually back at the Art Institute." I said giving her more updates about me. Why wouldn't I give her uodates like this before?

"What? Are you kidding me?

That's amazing." She said looking genuinely happy.

"Yeah. I mean, I'm sitting in on a few classes,

and it's crazy what my hands remember

that my, you know, that my mind forgot." I said and she just stared at me smiling like how she used to every time she told me she love me.

"Yeah." She said and laugh.

"So, thank you." I told Jaydee.

"I didn't do anything." She shrugged and chuckled.

"You did everything.

You accepted me for who I am,

and not for what you wanted me to be." I said teary eyed but still smiling.

"I just wanted you to be happy.

That's all." She smiled. I look at her eyes they didn't change they still give me warmth.

"Isn't there some Cuban place around here

where we used to go
when this place was closed?" I asked her since the café is close.

"Yeah. It's... Wait. You remember?"  She asked in shock.

"No, no.

I Wish.

No, the memory stuff
hasn't come back, but I've...

Cole and I have been hanging out a little bit,

and I've been asking her about us." I said telling Jaydee how I knew. Why didn't I appreciate this woman before when I still have her.

"Really? And what has she been saying?" She curiously asked and laugh.

"That she doesn't think
you're seeing anyone right now." I said baiting her.

"She just happens to be right.

You? Are you seeing anyone?" She asked in return. I look at her and nod my head sideways.

"That's good." She said and sighed with a smile. She look like she just breath after a long time.

"So, do you wanna go to the Cuban place?

With me?" She asked as she reach out for my hand and look at my eyes.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay." Jaydee smiled and hold me tight.

"What would you say to trying someplace that we haven't been to before?" Jaydee suggested while we are walking. It wasn't a bad idea why not.

"Someplace new?

I'd like that." I said and smiled at her.

"After you." And she smiled back.

Everything starts from somewhere, stop as somethings, restart at new thing. We restart here and everything after this we'll leave it at you imagination. Regards to y'all.

Frandeesal now signing off.