quidditch

It was now October: three weeks had passed, Sirius and I had started to talk to eachother again, and quidditch season had started.

Same as last year, we had charms with the gorgeous Professor Mckenzie

"Welcome students, take a seat." said the young professor, "Today we will be learning 'Accio' can anyone take a guess on what 'Accio' does?"

Immediately Lily and I shot our hands up

"Girls, please"

"Accio, also known as the summoning charm, is a charm used to summon an object-" I blurted memorising the text book, I'd read other the summer

"The witch or wizard says the incantation with the correct hand movement and the object of their choice, one being in their view point, is summoned..."

"The reverse charm is the 'banashing charm', very well girls. 10 points to each house" Mckenzie finished and Lily and I looked at eachother smugly.

The Charms professor had finally allowed us to start the practical and everyone lifted their wands.

"Accio" James swung his wand around desperately trying get the incantation right.

"No, stop, stop, stop! You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's ah-kee-oh, not ay-kee-oh" Lily corrected him

"Women honestly" I rolled my eyes at James' comment

"Oh shut it James, or else I'll be making sure that Esme makes sure that a quaffle gets sent your way!"

***

School hours were finally over and we'd all be dragged to the quidditch.

"Who's playing, again?" Peter said softly

"Pete, we're playing" today was the first day of the quidditch season which my dormmates, James, Sirius and Marlene had clearly not let us forget.

Remus and I made our way to the commentator stand as we all went our separate ways: James, Sirius and Marlene to the changing room and everyone else in the stalls.

"Do you want to take this one or shall I?" I nudged Remus' arm as we sat down in the commentator stand

"You can, I done the last one" I nodded and grabbed ahold of the microphone.

The game had been on for a few hours now and we were pretty much neck in neck, however Slytherin's chasers seemed to be slacking.

"Black chases after that snitch, he's nearly got it! I doubt Gryffindor will be winning this match, sorry. Hold on, what's going on with our chasers, come on Rosier!"

"Sod off, Black!" Yelled a Gryffindor on the pitch whom I didn't quite recognise.

"Leave her alone, Bell" Spat Sirius

"Am I seeing this correctly?" I rubbed my eyes in disbelief, "Black has got the snitch. I repeat: Regulus Black has caught the snitch, which leads to Slytherin winning the first game of the season! Well done little Bro!"

I ran out of the stand grabbing ahold of Remus' hand as the players dismounted their brooms

"Congrats, Baby Black" Marlene said giving Regulus I high-five

"Yeah, well done mate" repeated James

"Thanks, I guess"

Not long after, Lucinda sashayed her way towards us

"So Black we're having a victory party in the dungeons, your two are invited but no Gryffindors especially them" she glared at Sirius and James

"Hey what's wrong with us?!" Sirius yelled defensively

"Ugh as if you didn't know, does blood-traitor ring any bells?"

"Talkalot shut your mouth or I'll shut it myself"

"Pity really, Sirius Black needs his big sister to stand up for him" she snickered and I raised my wand

"Oh could you actually just piss off, Talkalot" James said rolling his eyes

"I don't take orders from anyone, especially not filthy blood-traitors like you" I flipped her off, "flipendo"

Before I could dodge Lucinda's jinx, i fell to the ground, strugglingto get back up again

"Uh oh" I heard Marlene mutter

With all my strength, I got myself back up and raised my wand once again

"Stupefy!" I yelled and Lucinda stood there, stunned

The whole stadium went silent and among us there were plenty of voices, some clapped, some cheered, some frowned and booed, I could also hear something else: a woman.

"Miss Black, we do not perform duels on school grounds, surely Professor Flitwick has told you that" McGonagall said sternly

"Professor, Talkalot started it, her and her big mouth and then she  used the knockback jinx on my sister." Sirius butted in, and I slapped his arm for getting involved. 

"Mr Black I am aware of what had happened and this is why I'm taking 50 points away from Slytherin thanks to Miss Black and Miss Talkalot's duel, 25 points from Gryffindor for talking back to me, and Miss Black and Miss Talkalot will have detention together with Professor Flitwick after Miss Talkalot has come out of the hospital wing" Minnie walked off. 

"Thanks, Black. You just cost us 25 House points, even Hufflepuff will beat us at this rate" a random Gryffindor spat. 

The group and I ended the night studying in the library.