21. [A] Trouble

It was weird. I was knocked out suddenly and then, everything was back to normal. I woke up back in my old room from home. I shared a room with my mom seeing as I was too old to share a room with my brother. I assumed everything was just a dream, a weird, full story dream. Like normal, I just decided to go back to my usual. Get up, make myself a chicken mayo sandwich, wash my face, brush my hair, tie it up, get dressed, check my notifications on my sites and browse the internet. I also checked minecraft for any news, turns out there's a new update. Caves and cliffs. Heh, res in peace to the cliffs, seeing as the whole community is just gonna be like, "Yes, Cave update. OMG AXELOTLS  ARE THE BEST" I kinda wanna get a goat and name it either Lucio or Tabi. Hm, That new monster looks dangerous, a warden I think it's called. Heh, I wonder how baldi McJailbird would react. Now that's one of the weirdest names the mcsm warden could ever be called. Watching the video, he looks pretty tough, hope they nerf him a bit. Looks like he might be a bit too OP. Then again, I could take on the wardens in SRIV, well, with a gun at least. In the game, I don't even know how to use one in real life. I figured I should go outside, I grabbed my mask and the keys to the back gate. I need some fresh air. Once I open the gate, I hear something inside the house. I turn back, knowing it was probably just something that fell, but what? I think I remember this happening already, only without "Try another world, princess." a voice that sounded like a distorted version of Troy Baker sounded before something pulled me backwards. That's where the weird dream ending in nightmare ends. Once I wake up, I search for Romeo, finding him knocked out next to me. I was originally going to let him rest for a while but he looked sad in his sleep, and he was squirming a bit. When I tried to wake him up, colour drained from his expression. When he woke up...well, ya know the Ratched and Clank scene from the movie when they first meet and Clank knocks into Ratchets forehead? That happened with me and Romeo. But after a chat, he seems distand. But he looked at me as if he was sorry me. Why? Does it have something to do with his past? But to finish of the recap, let' just say, I think the cave just got updated.

Romeo and I treatched through the new cave systems. I'm not sure where we were, but we tried our best to take the ways that walked upward, only for us to end up back down. We went on for heaven knows how long until...it showed up. We took a break to rest our feet and I mines some coal. That's when...IT came. I just mined a block to look it in the face. My entire figure froze. It walked to our tunnel. Out of instinct, I grabbed onto Romeo and pulled him into the four block three high space. "Mmm!" At first he's startled but he eventually recovers from the surprise. "-Bah, what the heck An" "Shhh quiet"  I try to say as cautiously as possible. Just as we speak, what I believe was the creature, a warden, return to where I first saw it. Once Romeo's eyes land on it, he was as speechless as I was. It took a moment before it walked away. "What IS that thing?" Romeo whispered to me, nervously. "Whatever that thing is, it may not have eyes but it's antennas look like they pick up sound waves and vibrations giving it extremely good hearing, we can sneak past if we're quiet." I whisper back. Sticking myself out the small hole was a risk but I needed to direct it's attention away from our path. I stuck my arm out, threw a cobblestone block against a wall. This directed the warden that way, making it so we can sneek past, problem is we only made it five steps away before Romeo sneezed "Aachoo!" With a whip, the warden turns his head to our direction. "Uh oh"

Both of us dodge the oncoming rush before he turns to me. I almost don't roll away from the punch. " Run!" I yell as I get to my feet, grab Romeo by the hand and make a break for it while dragging him. What, did you think I would just expect him to follow? No! I'm going to make sure he follows so that I don't leave him behind. We make it a great distance before we almost fall off a cliff. We manage to split dodge the warden's blow once again. This caused him to fall off a cliff, grabbing my foot in the process. "Aaah!" I screamed as I was almost dragged down. Romeo managed to catch me by the wrist while I kicked at the warden's arm, eyes tight shut. As it grabbed my other leg and tried to pull me down I felt one of Romeo's two hands loses it's grip. I was terrified. Then I hear the warden scream and let me go. Then I felt Romeo pull my up to the ledge with a yank. All at once, I looked at him surprised.

"Well, that's over and done with."  Romeo sighed, as he tossed a stone block in the air and caught it as it came down. I'm guess he threw it at the warden's antenna. He turns to me "Hey, are you alright?" he asked. Adrenaline was still rushing through me, even as I tried to breath. I look at him with a tired expression as I shake my head. I must look more scared than I feel, Romeo places a hand on my shoulder, similar to the manner I use to comfort him. "Whatever you need, just let me know okay?" He says. Normally I would just say thanks and move on but, right now....I don't think I can bottle this up. Without hesitation I wrap my arms around him, bursting out into tears. We're silent before I attempt to speak between all the sobbing. "'m sorry I, I thought I was gonna die. I can be afraid of small things but fearing for my life it's just...I'm not always brave and, I don't know how long I can hold it in if it gets too much. I just..." I try to speak as slowly as possible, or at least steady my breathing. Steadily, Romeo returns the hug, even through my own pain I can sense something in him. He doesn't want to see me scared, yet he feels like he' afraid to touch me. "Hey, take it easy, you're safe now." yeah, yeah I am. It was still kind of a traumatic experience. I might have died of shock if I kept hyperventilating but I tried my best to remain calm. "I'm a lot more complicated than you know, Romeo." I admit. "I've yet to even understand myself" I can't believe he's alright with this, I'm not rubbing off on him that much am I?"Whatever happens, I've got you." He tells me. Holding me a bit tighter "You really mean that?" "Of course, that's what friends are for." Friends...heh, yeah. Looking at Romeo I didn't think just saying he's my roommate or companion seems to have the right spark, but he's more than just my companion, or even my favourite character... he's my friend. And a friend is someone I'm lucky to have. "Thank you."

Eventually, after I calmed down from the whole warden situation, we went to explore the area we first encountered it In. I don't think Romeo knows what they're called. But once we got to the area, as it turns out, those colourful things I saw Romeo put in his inventory weren't jackets, they were shulker boxes, I guess he just avoided the outfits altogether. I still can't shake the fact that our world literally got updated. I don't normally do this but I have this theory, looking around. "Hey, Romeo, do you know what a warden is?" I ask cautiously, careful not to trigger  anything I shouldn't. "Out of curiosity." He looks at me weirdly, then awkwardly. "Uh...." He trails off, maybe I shouldn't have said anything.  "Kind of, yeah. Why?" "Well...does this place not look suspicious to you? "An abandoned area, a spiritual looking ground?"  I say, gesturing to the environment. "I might be crazy about this but I think I remember seeing that creature's chest look like soul sand. It was glowing too, as if there was something to it." I step down onto the dark night like soil and crouch down to feel the texture. The plants all feel strange, like they can sense me. Vibrating whenever I touch them. "I think whatever that thing was...that, warden, it was guarding the spirits of lost ones that had their lives put to an end. Ones that didn't get to experience a new life in a new world like we did." It sounds depressing now that I think about it. Almost makes me wonder what it would be like if Romeo and I were one of them. "Wow, morbid." I hear from behind. "But is it any creepier than the thing itself?" I say in defence of my theory. "Point taken, never thought I'd have to deal with wardens in THAT sense." ... "What?" I turn to him surprised. Did, did he really just bring that up? How does he feel conscious about his past yet still talk about it as if it's just another day in the life of minecraft's? "N-nothing!" He stutters. I look at him as if trying to piece him together. I know people can be unpredictable but I'm literally one of Romeo's biggest fangirls turned friend. I thought I could understand him in any sense, I'm not sure where he gets the whole unconditionally 'surprising someone' from.

Well, after continuing our journey, we come across two mine carts. I look at them nervously. "You're not scared of mine carts are you?" Romeo asks as he walks next to me. "It's not the mine carts themselves, it's the fact that I don't fit." I say nervously. Despite my better judgement, I climb in anyway...at the back. But what I saw next was...needles to say, remarkable.