7. [A] Companion

Okay, it was crazy enough that I'm in the world of Minecraft, but Romeo showing up?! The Admin from Story Mode?! What was he doing here? I can honestly not believe it. The moment he walked back into the tent I took a moment to process what the hell is going on. At first I didn't believe it because when I recognized him I didn't think it was him so I thought it was a coincidence, but the name and voice matching up? I was not expecting that. Maybe this is a different Romeo, from another timeline. No way! This HAS to be the actual Romeo, everything matches up. I have to be dreaming. I look into my campfire, then the smoke emitting from it, and finally to the sky. The moon is half way over the sky, I should head to bed. I went to the other tent I made and I sprawled onto the bed, my arms seemed to fall over it, maybe when I get home, I can add this bed to mine, making a double bed. That would give me some arm room, and some more space to sleep.

The next day I woke up with a pinch of curiosity. Was it all a dream, or did I really just meet my favourite MCSM character in person? I went to my crafting table, only to see that it was missing. I checked outside my tent, sure enough there was another tent on the other side of the campfire. At that moment, I knew It was not a dream, I actually met Romeo. I had no idea wether to remain in shock, or fangirl on the spot while he's asleep. Snapping myself out of those thoughts I calmed down and reminded myself that I actually need to get going, so I might as well pack up while I'm at it.

I started to pack up the tent I slept in, as I picked up wool I wondered where Romeo came from. Further more, he's human so is this before or after he became an admin? I might want to dig into that some more, if I can. I just finished getting the door when a voice behind called out "Aneesah?!" I turned around to see Romeo looking at me in shock, probably disbelief. "Good morning sleeping beauty," I greeted in a chill voice, "Is your head feeling better?". He didn't even respond, he just stuttered a bit before actually speaking. "I..wha...you...YOU'RE REAL!!" wait what...what did he just say.?.."Excuse me?" I asked, unable to believe what he just said. "I...s-sorry it's just, I thought it was all a dream" he said. I stood up, hands on my hips "Well I can assure you that I am 100% as real as you are." I say, bringing my hand over my chest in a dramatic posture. "Can I pack up that tent or are you going to keep it?" I asked. He turned to check the tent before looking back to me, a bit confused before answering. "Uh, you can keep it." He said plainly. "Alright sweet. I gotta get moving"

As I started breaking all the wool from the tent, Romeo starts asking "Why? Where are you going?" "Just on a little adventure, nothing special." I said. "Trying to get out of my house for a bit." I came to 2nd last wall I heard him say "Is it alright if I go with you, for a while?" I turned to him for a confused moment. He want's to stick around me? Why? I  should ask. "Sure, I don't have a problem with you tagging along, but why?" Not that I wouldn't enjoy the company. He scratched the back of his head "I don't exactly know what my next move is from here, so I was wondering if you can stick around you for a bit, maybe get some advice along the way." Wait, he want's to go with me? He literally just met me. But then again he doesn's know anyone else, besides I wouldn't mind the company. "Eh, okay." I said with a shrug, "but try to be careful, I've got a complicated journey to go on, so if you really want to come with  me..I'm not always gonna watch you back." The warning seemed to hit him as a thought, but he took a deep breath. "Don't worry about me, I'll be alright, you just lead the way."  He really wanted the company does he? "Alright then." I said before packing up the last piece of wool. I took out the map and compass, this helps me determine where I'n facing, seeing as this map conveniently has a north compass decal. "We're going to head through the Jungle, then check out this part of the desert for a village, I've got some emeralds on on me so we'll see if there's anything worth buying." I said as I put the items back in my inventory. "That's where the trail stops, we can part way there since I'll be heading home from  there." He gave a simple nod. "Alright, lets go."

Things were quite simple as Romeo and I walked through the jungle, I occasionally checked the map and compass to see if we were heading the right way, while observing our surroundings. During the walk, I decided to start conversation, seeing as it was getting a bit too quiet. "So, Romeo..." I started, just about getting his attention. I looked at him quickly before looking "...what were you doing before being webbed in that situation with the spiders?" He shrugged, "Nothing much, just trying to survive, out in this new world with everything." he said simply. That didn't make much sense, I wondered if I should just leave it in case I make him suspicious of me knowing who he is already, or if I should dig further into this situation. Obviously I chose the latter like the nosy little binch, "What do you mean, new world?" I asked. His eyes widened, but instead of looking at me, he looked away, as if he didn't suspect I knew something, then it hit me right in the face. Of course he's from another world, Storymode Season 2 was released before the 1.13 update, anything from then afterwards would be foreign to an MCSM character. I also realized that If I didn't ask about the new world thing, he actually would be confused why I'm not suspicious. I think I just accidentally saved my own backside. I decided to push a bit further, trying not to act suspicious while also getting some more info "Don't tell me that you're not from this world, you don't seem as out of place as I do." I say in an 'as a matter of fact' manner.

Romeo scratched the back of his head. "Well...I actually am." He said awkwardly, yeah I figured. "You're not use to anything in this world?" I questioned, good thing I didn't say something along the lines of "different from your world", believing he's from another world on the spot sounds awfully suspicious. "No..." was all he said before his stomach growled. He clutched it awkwardly as I looked at him. deadpan. "What?" he asked, returning a weird glance. I sighed before offering him some food. After we had a quick meal, I started looking around the trees. "See if you can find some cocoa beans" I told him. "Like those up there?" He questioned, pointing to the top of the tree right by us..."Oh..."