13. [A] Somewhat familiar mobs

Oh great, just what I needed."DROWNEDS!" I shouted, drawing out my sword. I held it in a fighting stance. "What are these things?!" Romeo yelled. "An aquatic type of zombie from underwater!!" I responded, running up to the first one and delivered a sloppy strike, strong enough to at least take it out. I went up to another group ready to strike. I focused on fighting and dodging as the gurgling zombies. Looks like there are thousands of them, I have to pay attention to where the sounds are coming from.

I turned to check on Romeo, looking like a complete badass. Slashing, slicing and dicing like a pro. Back flipping, doing somersaults and...holy crap what was that move even!?!? But before I lose focus I draw my attention back to the mobs I'M fighting. Drowneds everywhere, and worse...I just spotted one with a trident. As more came up to me I saw the one with the trident, ready to throw it at me. Out of instinct I grabbed one of the nearby drowneds and used it as a human shield. It got impaled by the trident instead of me, kind of the plan tho. Putting my sword back in my inventory, I grabbed the trident out of the drowned from the front as it puffed into smoke and a drop of rotten flesh, gross. I kicked that rotten flesh off into the swamp water and held onto the trident firmly. I can't fight like a pro, but at least here I have a weapon that can help out and save durability on my sword.

I started swinging the trident like I would attack someone with a broom. Though it wasn't too effective so I jabbed a drowned with the points like I was jabbing a spear into someone and trying to do those staff attacks. This experience was helping me in a way, I was learning how to fight and developing my own skills. I took out at least ten drowned foes in my path, I didn't even notice the one behind me until Romeo ran up and sliced the monster, chopping it's head off. Well it's back was turned so it wasn't attacking me. I watched it poof and as the head became an item. There were zombie heads but not in variations of drowneds and husks, since when was THAT added to Minecraft? "Nice." I said looking at my red haired companion. He shrugged with a smile with his response of "Thank you." More drowned approached us and he and I stood back to back. Every one of the drowned swarmed us slowly. "They're everywhere!" Romeo said. "I know there's water here but there shouldn't be this many of them in a swamp biome!" I exclaimed. "Tell THEM that!" He yelled as he broke away from our stance and battled some of them so I dashed at the ones on my side. I Managed to knock them out. It took quite a while but my side was clear, as for Romeo, he looked like he was in a predicament. I had to help him. I thought of running straight for them but then I noticed a tree that could give me a higher vantage point if I climbed it.

I ran to the tree and climbed it by the vines, making it to the top of the tree. From there, I threw the trident straight into one of the drowned zombies' faces. Yes, bullseye. Romeo looked back at the tree and I gave him a nod. He looked surprised but then nodded back. As he turned his attention to the mobs I took out my sword again and jumped down, ow... maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Ouch, my poor legs. I sliced at the mobs that were in my way, in a while...we eventually took out all the drowneds, good riddence. Romeo was busy catching his breath while I picked up some of the loot. A few nautilus shells, some tridents and a single gold ingot. Not bad. "So what exactly is with the...ahem...drowned...zombies?" Romeo asked in a confused tone. I sighed. What came out of my mouth next was meant to be sarcastic but again, ended up being a 'thank goodness I said that because now I look less suspicious' moment. "Don't have these where you come from either huh?" I asked him. He sighed "Not really, the only other zombie variant I ever saw was...nevermind." he said. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd assume he's talking about the prison zombies. But again, I have to pretend I don't know about it. I don't think he'd be able to handle it well.

"It's kinda simple." I said plainly "You see, out here the zombies can't swim. Once they've been underwater for too long, they drown, and then become...those." As I explained I swung around a trident I took. Romeo looked at it with some interest. "And THAT thing?" he asked. "This? It's a trident, a weapon they use. It's normally thrown but often times other people can use it in close combat." I said. I may sound like a pro, but I actually have no idea how to fight with this thing, I'm just making it up as I go along. I handed him the trident and took out my map and compass to direct myself back home. Romeo gave a small 'huh' as he examined the weapon, then probably putting it in his inventory. He didn't have it out when I turned back to him. "Come on, let's get out of here before..." as I turned to the direction home, I didn't look in time to see one final drowned, a trident ready in his hand. As I turned it's way, it threw the trident right at me, piercing right into the right side of my stomach. "ARGCK!!"

(Don't worry, I'm not gonna die! It's just a lesson that you should always watch your back in a swamp biome. Now originally I meant to post this alongside the next chapter with Romeo's POV once I finish it but I literally just finished this one and I need a break...sigh)