9. [A] End of the road

From what I've gathered as of now, the incident with Xara and Fred already happened, meaning this has to have been AFTER Romeo's defeat. I'm getting a bit closer to figuring out why he's here, but I think I should stop trying to dig into that for a while because he might get suspicious. I looked out into the distance while my feet soak in the water, feeling the water between my toes. I ocasionally checked on Romeo with the fishing pole, seeing if he caught any fish. There was a slight breeze going through my hair, so I closed my eyes and felt it blow, it was actually really relaxing, the whole trip had quite enough excitement, I think this is a good break. Actually, now that I think about it, my camping trip was coming to an end soon, I wasn't going to check for a village anymore, while I wished I got to explore more I also decided that I wanted to go home. Aside from that, I'll have to say goodbye to Romeo as well, unless he wants to walk with me on the trip home. Maybe I'll invite him over...then again he said he'd hang out with me more, I hope so, I would actually love the company. At this point, I've got more of an idea where he's from, the only missing detail was the choice Jesse made that would disclose the whole case. Did he escape from terminal space or was he left there? What was his fate?

"Hey, Aneesah..." I heard Romeo say. I opened my eyes and turned to him. "Yeah?" I wondered what he wanted to talk about. "I was kind of wondering, uh...no offence but...what exactly are you?" This was a weird question, what is he talking about? I looked at him strangely before coming up with the answer. "I'm a person, Romeo..." I said only to realize why he asked that question, then added a bit more info so as not to confuse him "...a person from another world the has different boundries of physics than this world, which is why I look different." "Oh." That's what he was confused about, to be fair I can understand that, I didn't turn into a minecraft person when I got here. Anyway, that was about it for his response, or so I thought. "So how did you end up here then?" He asked. I almost didn't consider that, in all my minecraft knowledge, the one question I never knew, and ultimatly ignored...How DID I end up here? I looked down at the water, "Honestly, I don't know. The only thing I remember before I first arrived in this world was floating in this black void, there was this aura that was affecting me painfully, to the point where I thought it would never stop. Until eventually I found myself falling to the ground of this world. I was there for so long that...I forgot how I got there. I only have speculations of how I ended up here but I don't have evidence of either of them, I remember my past life and everything that I did when I was with my friends, but before I knew it, I was in the void. It was as if it all happened without me noticing." I positioned my arms so that my elbows were on my legs and I could rest my head in my hands. "I still fear the truth to this moment. If everything is all a comatose dream it would mean that I won't be in this world for very long, I'll arrive back home in the blink of in eye. But if it was because I died, that would mean I would never see my friends again, or my family, everyone I care about. I left them...never to return and...I never even got to say goodbye." The small droplets of sorrow fell from my eyes, trailing down my cheek, I wiped them away from my face, looking away from my companion. There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." "No, no, It's fine. I just need a minute." I said, trying to breath slowly. It was a difficult task on it's own due my habit of hyperventilating. I tried my best to focus, for a good 20 seconds.

I eventually took my feet out of the water, and decided to let them dry so that I could put my socks and shoes back on. I was looking at Romeo again to check if he actually caught someting, he caught at least 10 fish, so he placed a furnace down and guess what, salmon and cod for supper. That night when we were munching on fish, I decided to start asking about 'his world', he said it was nothing special and that it just lacked some of the aspects of this world, but when I started asking what his life was like, you're not gonna believe that he started telling me stories about Xara and Fred, stories I've never even heard about...Xara trying to build a redstone boobytrap to catch who was stealing her cookies? Fred scowling at Waffles for having an egg with a random hen? But this story he was telling me was so different. "Wait wait wait wait wait, let me get this straight, you tried to tame a mooshroom by giving it mushrooms and then trying to ride it?" I asked, almost not believing this story. "Oi listen, I was not the brightest kid on the block." He said in his defence, "In fact I had some of the craziest ideas when I was your average trouble making teenager." He sure sounds like it. "Heh, you sure had a wilder childhood than I did, my best friend Emile and I just hung out at my place and ate." I said awkwardly. Actually I'm sure Emile and I had some fun adventures but I can't remember them, all I remember is playing video games. I know, dumb but true. I don't think Romeo would understand how they work. "What? C'mon, you have to be joking. Surely there was SOMETHING you guys did." "Naw. Even if we did, I wouldn't remember. Silly memory system." I said as I tapped the side of my head. "It's not always that, sometimes even the presence of someone you care about is a pleasure of it's own." "Heh, true. I guess I never really noticed that." We looked back into the fireplace, I kind of had my little happy moment fade as I remembered something.

I took a deep breath before speaking again. "I guess this is the end of my trip, I'll be heading home in the morning. We might have to part ways after this, unless you plan on coming with me on the adventure home." I looked to him. Romeo looked at me. "Well I should probably go with you anyway, once I find a place to live I'll make sure to visit you." I then realized why he was sticking around me...he literally had no where else to go. "Wait, you don't have a place to live? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "Well it's not like I could live with you at your place." he said. Oh come on he's frickin Romeo from MCSM, I would kill to have him as my roommate. Then again I wouldn't say that directly. "Well it wouldn't hurt to ask me if you can" were the words that came out of my mouth. "Why...wait are you actually offering?" I shrugged, mainly because I was but I didn't want to make it obvious. "I'm not saying that you can't." he looked at me for a while before taking a moment to think. "Alright, so you don't mind me living with you for a while?" he asked, to which I responded "Of course you can, I trust you."