30. [R] Happiness Exchange

Okay lesson learned, never... and I mean NEVER start a snowball fight with someone who was just about to build something, you never know how many snowballs they have in their inventory, ESPECIALLY if they're as tall as an Enderman!! Man, Aneesah can be real scary sometimes. But at least the truce worked. Didn't think it would but it did.

At this moment Aneesah and I decided to do some crafting activities, she mainly wanted to craft a kettle and some bottles. The first one is of course from the odd crafting book, which she made while I crafted the bottles. Then it was cocoa beans and sugar. I had no Idea what she was doing but she seemed sure of it. In the meantime, I went to go get her present. It took a while but I managed to wrap it into a small box. It wasn't much but it was honest work. But... is it going to fit her? What if she doesn't like it. I take a deep breath and attempt to ease myself. "She'll love it Romeo, just relax." I tell myself, sighing again. "Alright, here goes nothing."

I walked out my room to see Aneesah had taken her coat off. She stood there by the couch with something in her hands, a red Chest shaped block with a white ribbon. I freeze for a moment, noticing the anxious expression painted on her face. Her cheeks coloured in embarrassment. "Um... I uh... I didn't know if I could make anything but I wanted to so... here." She says bashfully. Well, this is awkward. I walked up to her taking the gift carefully. It's not too heavy, but there is something in here, just can't tell what through the box. I put it down next to me before reaching into my inventory, nervously. "Thanks, I um, got you something as well." I said awkwardly as I pulled out the small wrapped bundle. "Yo... you..." it seemed like she had a hard time speaking as she took the neatly wrapped item from my hand. "I... thank you". Her cheeks began to paint a brighter red as she spoke. Okay, I didn't think of it too much but... is she okay? I know she gets nervous easily but, this much over getting gifts? Even if it's from a new friend? That's a little odd. Even if she has her reasons, something in my gut is telling me otherwise. I'm starting to wonder if she isn't hiding anything. But she's been as honest with me as she can, surely it's no big deal... right?

...

......

"So..." she starts off breaking the awkward silence in the air. "... do you want to open you're first?"

"Hm? Oh no, you... you can go ahead."

"Okay..."

After a shrug, she carefully unwrapped the gift, revealing the necklace which somehow... changed. Now it wasn't just more detailed, it seemed as the shape has been refined, the four spotted pendant was now a droplet shape. Her eyes began to twinkle awe she held the piece of jewelry up close. "How on Earth... where did you get this?" her voice was soft, like a gentle whisper in the wind. The expression seemed so blissful, it makes me feel like I got the right gift. "I may or may not have went on a little mining trip by myself." She giggles at my comment. I watch her put it on, first lostenning it, putting it around her neck side ways, closing the back end of it and fixing it up so the pedant is in front. "Well, h-how does it look?" I can only smile at how soft this situation has gotten. "You look amazing." I tell her. While the colour has died down a little bit, some of it seems to have returned. "Hehe, thanks Romeo. I... love it."

"Really? I

"Really? I... I'm glad." I'm really happy she likes it. Though I could have chosen a smaller pendant, she likes it. That's about all I can ask for. I then turn to my box next to me, opening it like a chest revealing... "Oh my goodness Pajamas!!!" I gasp excitedly. Holy crud. I was talking about sleeping in clothes yesterday and I'm getting these. Who'd of thought? "How did... thank you so much!" I turn to my friend who now seems surprised. "Uh... your welcome?"  Oh... I went overboard did I? Now it's my turn to feel awkward. "Sorry, I didn't..." I'm caught off guard as she starts giggling at me. "Hehehehehahaha." I stare at her at a loss for words, "Sorry, I'm just surprised." She says "I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from you."

"Well, I guess I got a bit excited." I admitted scratching the back of my head nervously. "I mean, I really needed these. Plus they're my size, and I love the design." "Really?! Oh phew!" Aneesah let's a huge sigh escape her lips.  "I wasn't sure they would fit when I made them but now that you say that, that's a genuine relief." I let out a laugh of my own. "Well, I don't blame you, I wasn't exactly around to fit it on. Besides, it's supposed to be a surprised." "Yeah, exactly." As our laughter echoes throughout the room, the tension from our gift giving seems to have lifted, now replaced with the joy of a friend's company and ability to lighten the mood.

"Thanks Aneesah."

"No problem, I'm glad you like them."

After setting down and putting my brand new pajamas in the chest, which I cannot wait to try out, I sat down on the couch reading one of the books we found in that old room. Goat hunt... what on earth is a goat? I felt like I was going in blind but, it seemed like an interesting read, apparently six of these books' stories all take place within the same universal thread, the only difference is that in each story, the main character changes. The timelines are different as well. The first five chapters are exactly the same from what I've seen scanning through, but depending on the main character, an interaction is chosen between them and a specific person that isn't shown with anyone else. For example, Nixen reaches out to Asra wheres Elaina doesn't, instead she does something they didn't do, speak to the mysterious stranger. Compared to her, Nixen simply allowed him to leave. It's quite odd really, but the timelines look interesting.

"Hey Romeo!" Aneesah called from the crafting table. I looked over to to see her holding two 'mugs'  filled with... um... "What is in those mugs?" I ask curiously. Her answer is simple yet complex. "Hot chocolate. Where I come from, you do not go through cold weather without having a warm cup of hot chocolate." ... "Okay..." ... I must look really confused right now. She walks over to me carefully. "Here, try some. Just be careful, it's called HOT chocolate for a reason." She says as she hands me a mug. I already began to feel the warmth against my hand as I took it. I looked at some of the small puffs of steam rising from my mug and blew them out carefully before taking a sip. It tasted... sweet. "This is... this is really good!"

"Ya think so?"

"Yeah, what's in this? And what are these sweet fluffy thing?"

"The hot chocolate I made with a base of a sugary cocoa powder that's mixed with boiled water. Milk is added to balance the sweetness and make it creamier. The little fluffy sugar bits are marshmallows, they're add ons people like to put in their hot chocolate."

"Wow, that complex?"

"Not so much, once you get used to making them."

It's so strange, Aneesah's really changed things up around here. Well not that there was much to change but even if we're doing normal activities, I feel like I'm going on a whole new adventure. One thing is for sure our journey is hasn't even begun yet. But for now, I think I'll enjoy the moments while they last. Merry Christmas everyone.

(FINALLY DONE!! AT LAST!! OKAY NEXT UP NEW YEARS AND STUFF!! But Imma wind down first. Even if it does result in the new years stuff going late too, I need to chill. Aneesah out. EDIT had to update it because I spelt merry wrong. New OC Mary Christmas lol XD)