26. [R] The present hunt

Ladies and gentlemen, it has begun. So with the return to home it, for some reason, started snowing. Aneesah thinks it must be due to Christmas coming up. I guess the world works a lot differently where she's from. Ever since my "power trip" I didn't do much on Christmas due to not having proper friends to celebrate it with, I pretty much became a complete grinch. Once in a while I would check in on everyone at Sunshine Institute to see what they were doing, even caught some of the guards secretly exchanging presents. I let it go because I wasn't in the mood to ask. Now I'm going to spend it with a new friend, a REAL friend. Thing is I have no idea what to get her, a diamond maybe? Diamonds are a girls best friend after all. I decided to go mining, but in a new location. I told Aneesah I was going off on a solo adventure and after a fair amount of discussion she said I had to make it back in one piece. I said no promises and she gave me a dirty look like a cross mother wolf scolding a naughty cub.

I was looking for a while but, nothing. Nothing but coal, iron, lapis and redstone. No diamonds. Not even gold or emeralds. I put my torch on a block of stone nearby and sit on a block of gravel, exhausted from searching. I've been here for days, dug so deep, but still nothing. It's starting to make me wonder if I'll ever find anything. I sigh in frustration. This would be the time when Admin powers would come in handy, emitting something out of thin air. But now everything is just the old fashioned way, finding something yourself. If I can't find a diamond, what else can I get her? Food? No, too simple. A pet? We've discussed it and we don't have much caretaker responabilaties when it comes to animals so it's a no show. What about a new pickaxe... oh come on that is SO basic! "Why... why is this so... HARD!" I couldn't even think straight, just barely finishing my sentence before I got up and punched the wall behind me. I was so caught up in my mini tantrum that I almost didn't have time to react before the gravel beneath me fell.

I ran to the edge of the stone and jumped for it, seeing as I could tell I wouldn't make it in one run. I managed to grab onto the stone block and pull myself up. I wipe my forehead and sigh in relief, "Phew". I probably shouldn't have but I walked over to were the gravel fell and looked down. "Woah, that would have been a really... bad fall." I say to myself, staring down into the blackness below. However, there was a bigger area past this patch of gravel that I probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't fall. I drew my attention to a lava pool further out checking the the edges of it, "Hm, nope no diamonds. But at least if I need any obsidian, I'll know where to look." Then I look up, noticing something on the cave ceiling that my other worldly friend told me about. "Stalactites, looks like they could fall but from how they're placed, there should be a safe passage through them... erm... under them." then something catches my eye. A giant rock like ball with a a dark outer layer, a white secondary layer and inside was something purple... sparkling... "What the..."

What in the world is that? It looks so... I have no idea how to describe it actually. I should probably walk in a different direction but curiosity gets the better of me as I scan the stalactites on where to place what blocks to ensure safe passage to that rock. I check my inventory to examine the amount of cobble I have. 19 blocks, that's not exactly much. I turn around to a patch of diorite. It might just be enough. "Alright, don't MINE me." hehe, mine. Aneesah's sense of humour really grows on you sometimes. I get rid of the entire patch and some loose bits, making a stack, that should be enough. I grabbed my torch and stood by the edge, ready to build a bridge. Carefully, I build my way to the strange structure, then mined myself an entrance, once inside I was greeted by the sparkle of crystal like gems. "Wow..." I stare in awe as they sparkle from my torchlight. "It's so Beautiful." I trail my hands along the walls, they're like gems. I notice some of them started growing out. One is really small another looks two stages ahead. Then there's one that looks like it's at it's full formation. It's really cool. I put my hand to my chin in thought.

"Maybe, she would like one of these?" I ask myself. Purple IS Aneesah's favourite colour, plus they're really pretty. At first I think to myself that I don't even know what they are, but then I get the hunch they she might know. Oh what the heck, she'll love them, I just know it. Using my pickaxe I mine the small cluster of gems, collecting four of them. Here's hoping there would be enough.