28. [R] Home and not alone

"Where the bloody hell is the exit!?" I yell frustrated, I have been lost in this damn maze of a cave system for weeks. I've tried every route I can find, I've gone through every tunnel I remember going through and STILL no way out. "Come on Romeo, pull yourself together. You've got to get home before Saturday." I said to myself. Though my pep talk with myself just happened to make me go crazier. The festive season is here and I've been gone for so long, Aneesah's gonna beat my arse if once I get back. Not literally but you get the idea. Yes, I've said some bad words, heck I use to swear nonstop back in the day, Xara and Fred would scowld me about it often but I just wouldn't listen. After the whole turning evil thing, I stopped with it as a way to be more formal. I guess I've been "behaving" due to starting fresh. I'm surprised actually. Now where was I? Right... HOW THE F*CK... AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF HERE?!

Great, it's Christmas Eve, I'm stuck in a damn cave, I'm so screwed. That's is, that's just it! I'm going up. No not straight up, rule number 1, never dig straight down or up. You never know the odds of digging into a lava pit. So I decided to set down my emergency crafting bench. Aneesah told me to carry one in case I need to craft something, I took that lesson to heart seeing as crafting benches aren't just scattered around here. She's really smart for someone who's only been here for half a year. I crafted an extra pickaxe and started mining away... yeah I didn't think it through. I really don't want to talk about this next part so just imagine a montage of me getting barely scorched by Lava, exploded on by a creeper, shot in the arse by a skeleton, as of now I can't sit for a few hours at most, and finally the countless hours of walking back and forth to the crafting table. I made it out eventually. Finally! Now it was the trek through the snow. Again, I don't want to discuss it, let's just say I got home and I saw the house all decorated. Seriously, wreaths, lights, Aneesah really went all out.

I walked in through the door quietly. I look around and saw nothing. Coast clear. I quietly snuck to my room, and put my things in my chest. Finally. Now to get that crafting book. Aneesah installed a bookshelf a while before our little mining trip so . I put it there for the both of us to use. I went over there and grabbed it out of the shelf. I flipped through the pages, what could I make with these purple? A lot of these items require multiple crafted parts, some only small materials and some were just basic. A pet rock? I'm not going to question it. Then I turned to something eye catching. A necklace. It wasn't anything too fancy, all it required was to craft any mineral like item into a pendant, then turn iron or gold into a chain like thread that seemed to resemble string, three would be needed. Then, craft the pieces with the pendant. The pattern was simple, the TNT recipe, no gunpowder, replace the sand with gold or iron thread, except the bottom one which needed to be the pendant. Or you craft it like a chest with more chain thread and make the necklace longer but maybe a smaller one would fit, unless it ends up making a bracelet. But there are some differences in the separate recipes. The new items he had sure looked like gems, it has to work. Now that I had a clear idea what to give my friend, all I had to do was craft it. I put it the book in my inventory and checked the chest. My eyes landed on something, something I'd only seen in the other recipe book before, now here they hare, brownies! Man if I wasn't feeling hungry before, I am now. I took one of them it eat them right away, savouring the taste in my mouth it was like a cookie but all chocolate, and like the icing on a cake but the texture was just so exciting and new. These are so sweet. Now that is what I call..."Ahem..."

I nearly jumped out of my skin as the familiar voice sounded off behind me. I turned around to a highly upset Aneesah staring down at my smaller figure. "Oh, hey Aneesah." I greet awkwardly knowing full well that I'm in trouble. "You're looking...well?" She just sighed and looked at me. "Romeo..." she started. Oh no, I recognize that tone of voice, I've been gone too long. "I am in no mood to argue, to yell or to scowls you so I'll keep this short. Where ever you went, you were gone for weeks and I was actually just about to go looking for you. So you showing up right now is making me feel..." she put a finger to her chin in thought. "Oh what's the word I'm looking for?" "Dissapointed?" I ask nervously. "Somewhat, let's just say I'm cross for now." Oh dear, I knew this was coming. "But, circumstances being what they are, I'm also glad you're okay."

...

"Really?"

"Well, yeah. I worried my butt off thinking something happened and now that you're home, I don't have to worry which is a relief."

"Oh."

Actually that's a relief for me too. She's cross but also not that cross. "Well, I'l be in my room." And with that, exit scene. I walked sheepishly to my room and took my gloves off. It's kind of the only thing I can take off right now without the temperature to worry me. Having one outfit is really a paint. It's to wear an everyday outfit most of the time but, at night? Sleeping in it tends to be a pain. I would actually sleep in my underwear if I needed to but with this weather, I think I have to sleep in my casual clothes. Maybe I can just take my sweater off, that would give me some freedom, the blankets then help with the warmth. Well, to Aneesah's gift. I wasn't exactly sure the necklace would fit her but if the bandage can adjust to fit her, than the necklace can work. As I'm crafting the pendant, I think to how she said whe was concerned about me shows that... she cares about me. It's still weird, if only she knew the whole truth. I mean saying you killed someone close to you and getting away with it because they catch on that you're sh#t at conversation is one small thing compared to telling someone you use to be a godly power crazed maniac with social issues. That's actually a weird way to describe it but it's true. Would she still care about me if she found out? After everything I've done? Come one Romeo, pull yourself together, maybe this adventure with her is your second chance. With some more crafting by the book here and there, the necklace was ready. I held it up as it looked so different. It seemed so much more detailed that what I'd expected. "I hope she likes it."

(BTW THE CHRISTMAS EPISODE IS GONNA BE DARN LATE BECAUSE I'M GONNA ME SPENDING TIME WITH MY FAMILY SO HAVE FUN. MERRY CHRISTMAS)