31. [A] Playing with Fire(works)

Okay as usual, let's recap. Romeo and I did some crafting so that I can make some hot chocolate. Which was amazing! Come on, inside while it's snowy outside? Without hot chocolate? What kind of crazy is that? Only later we both wined because we forgot the cookies, but supper was great. Never thought I'd enjoy carrot cake so much, but it was awesome. I don't mind carrot cake, it's got some good icing to go with it, but red velvet cake? That's the stuff! I'm making that next. Anyway, Romeo and I exchanged presents and let me say, I'm so relieved he says it'll fit him. I hope he feels comfortable in them. I also just had to chuckle at the way he reacted though, his fandom wiki site described his personality as childish, which I did see in him sometimes but for it to come out like this, it's just so hilariously cute, especially considering Romeo's history, seeing this side of him is kinda nice, makes you forget he used to be a crazy overlord. I may or may not have had a boiling face when receiving my gift however. Dang it Aneesah, of all the times to have a small crush on him at the same time as your fangirl history exsisted, let me tell you, this was not a good one. I couldn't even hide how nervous I was, giving him his gift was one thing, getting mine was a real surprise. This necklace, is that... amethyst? So this was the solo adventure Romeo was talking about. Well, enough of that, let's say, Christmas with him was a memory I'll never forget. Hehe, who'd have thought Romeo and I would grow so close?

After Christmas ended, we packed the decorations away. Romeo helped me take the tree down as well as the wreaths. Then finally I got the chance to relax. I decided to to read one of my Arcana stories. Romeo's busy reading Muriel's book so I guess I'll read Lucio's. Here, the MC is a girl with silky light pink hair called Lux. There used to be a soap brand back home called lux so it was a little weird. It seems strange but I kind of like this story. But In the prologue, I noticed something majorly different. Usually in the dream when the apprentice falls asleep, Asra informs them that their is going to be a crossroads, their destination depending on which one they take. An obvious nod to how the player has to choose a route after the prologue. But here, Lux encounters something foul, something vengful. 'You know what you've dont to me' 'I don't even know who you are!' The way this spirit talks, they way it acts... is Lux encountering Lucio's ghost early? My thoughts were interrupted as a boom sounded off outside.

"What the...?" I start off, getting up and putting my book down. I walk to the door and open it, nothing. I check left and right, still nothing. Then the moment I run around the back yard, another boom sound goes off, along with a firework, one that didn't have any effects. I look over at the crafting table and spot a red haired figure cheering at his accomplishments. "Romeo what the heck are you doing?" I call out as I walk over to him. He turns to me casually. "Me, I'm getting fireworks ready for the New Year."

"Well then why did you just use 2, shouldn't you be saving them?"

"Well there's no harm in testing. Besides, any good occasion deserves fireworks, especially if it's new years."

Geez, what is it with Romeo and Fireworks? Ice palace, challenge arena, Jesse con... I know they're flashy but aren't they just... I dunno. Then again, he's never used then in any way to be extra before. I wonder if fireworks are a him thing or I'm just not getting something. "Aneesah! Helloooo!" "Huh? Oh! Sorry Romeo, I kinda dozed off."  I admit. Honestly, dozing off and daydreaming is a real bad habit of mine. Especially when I'm doing something important and I lose focus, it caused me to be a little clumsy some times. "Hey, do you need any help with setting the fireworks?"

"Oh yeah, that's be wonderful."

We started working on some basic fireworks, mainly ones with colours from the flowers I picked. I'm still picking them actually, you never know what kind of colours you need. That's when a memory comes to my mind.

'IT'S A PLOT I TELL YOU!! People are to make me seem less fearsome and piratey, but acusing me of being the kind of pirate who likes to pick flowers'

Hehehehehehe, the memories of playing Monkey Island were treasures on their own. I took a look at all the games but the one I actually completed was Monkey Island 2 remastered. I loved that game so much. Then again, I loved a lot of games. I returned to Romeo with quite a bunch of dye as he had come back with gun powder. After that we decided to set up some basic fireworks. We had a lot of charcoal and gunpowder so we decided to make some fire charges. "How much gunpowder did you gather exactly?" I ask Romeo curiously. "Not that much, just a stack." He responds, as if he didn't make it sound like he fought a whole horde of creepers. "Right, are you okay then?" "Aneesah I'm fine, really. A bunch of creepers are no problem." Says the guy with a health bar. It's not really fun being in the minecraft world when your body is technically so fragile that you can't do reckles fun stuff, I wanna try high diving but I know that wouldn't end well.

"So, what do you normally do for New years where you come from?" Romeo asks me, striking up more conversation, it is a little quiet. I think to memories of having Granny and the others over or going to sleepover by my Aunty Glenda's house."Well, we stay up late during New years eve, gather some of our folks around, have some drinks and wait for the clock to strike midnight. Then we chat a bit."

"So you stay awake till the next day?"

"Yeah pretty much. How about you?"

"Well..." it takes some time for him to find the words. "We don't do much... I mainly just watch everyone chat around about their resolutions. But I do tend to the fireworks though. But I also have to have baracades secure so mobs don't break in." Well, that's not exactly celebrating. We finally finish the fireworks and went back inside. "Hey, Aneesah... I was wondering..." Romeo says as we enter the house. "I'm doing this project for the back yard that can let us stargazer safely and considering what you've told me I thought maybe I could build it before New year arrives. Would it be alright if you helped me?"

Stargazing... huh. Now he's peaked my curiosity

"What kind of project exactly?"