10. [R] Thinking of home

It's odd actually, one minute I have to walk around trying to survive, and suddenly I bump into Aneesah over here. Giving me a new home? She's seriously a bit too nice, especially letting me live with her. But she said she trusts me...I guess that makes sense. I look at her with a half hearted smile, "Thanks." I said, that was pretty much it. "No problem." She doesn't seem like one for words, but she's great at listening. Normally when I talk about the old days to someone they tend to dose off or just purposefully ignore me because they didn't want to hear what I had to say, but Aneesah listens to me, she even looks like she's trying to picture the imagery of what I'm talking about. There's something strange about her, like I know what she is but I can't put my finger on it. What exactly is her world like? I don't know if I should ask her, but maybe I'll ask about it in the morning. "It's getting late, should we head to bed?" she asked. It's pretty true, the place was getting pretty dark. "I think I need to stay outside for a while, you go on ahead." I told her. "Alright, goodnight Romeo." "Goodnight"

I was outside for at least half an hour, occasionally I checked the moon to see how far it was in the sky. Aneesah does this to keep track of time which is actually pretty clever, though I don't know how she can handle looking into the sun for even a single second, let alone long enough to see it move through the sky a bit. Must have practiced it back on her world, at least now I understand why she looks the way she does. But should I tell her the truth about why she started in the void? After hearing her story, I can't imagine what would happen if I did. She seemed emotional when she mentioned all her loved ones that she left behind, if she learns she really did die on her world then she would never let it go, she'd be miserable for days. I felt awful, she must have had so many people that cared about her, all now gone from her life. I wonder if she feels alone. Maybe she needs someone to hang out with, would she still have saved my life if that was the case or not? She doesn't seem like that desperate of a person. I started hearing zombie growling in the distance and took that as a signal to get to bed, I walked to my tent and made sure to close the door behind me. I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. Aneesah deserves to know the truth, but what will she say to the fact that she actually died? I guess we'll figure all this out in the morning. I did my best to relax, close my eyes and rest.

I couldn't believe they would consider this, three golden items, a sword, an arrow and a gauntlet, the one used to kill and admin and the other two to neutralize them by taking their powers, I swung the glowing golden blade in anger. "Wasn't it bad enough that you both no longer had time for me? Now you want me out of your way?!" "Romeo, you don't understand..." "No, YOU don't understand!!!"

The dream ended before it even happened, I woke up with a scream, panting heavily. My heart was beating rapidly, I held my hand to my chest to try and stop the feeling of my heart pounding right out of my chest, I began hyperventilating. I couldn't comprehend it, that dreadful memory. I was so overcome with rage I didn't even consider what I was doing until I had already imprisoned Xara and taken her powers away. That birch tree I planted back home in memory of Fred in the underneath was the only thing that showed any sign of my regrets, the rest of the time I was so clouded with finding someone to call friend, I never stopped to consider my actions again, I guess I never wanted to look back because I hated being wrong. I still don't want to look back, I feel like I need to keep looking forward. I breath carefully as I lay down and attempt to go back to sleep, reminding myself that I'm not in that fabric of reality anymore, I don't have to go back to that life, I have a new life and a new friend, and soon a new home too. But that reminds me, Aneesah doesn't know about my history, what would she think if she found out the truth? What I did to my friends? That I was an admin? I'm getting ahead of myself, she probably doesn't even know what an admin is, then again in the time she's been her she's known quite a lot about this world, but nothing really from my world. I didn't have the time to think too much as I drifted off again.

The next morning, I felt so exhausted that I slept a bit later. I decided to wake up eventually because we needed to get moving, I just about sat up carefully to do some stretching before I heard a knock the door. "Breakfast!" Aneesah's voice called out from the other side. "Coming!" I called with a yawn. "Alright, don't take too long." I heard her walk off to the campfire. I scratched my head and pushed myself off the bed and on my feet. I wipe some of the exhaustion out of my eyes while going to the door.

When I got out, I saw Aneesah standing by a crafting table a few blocks away from the campfire. I wonder what she's crafting. "Morning, Aneesah." I greeted with tired tone. "Good morning, Romeo." she responded. I yawned while continuing to speak. "What are you crafting?" "Buckets. A wandering trader gave me some iron in return for the emeralds I had. Are you okay? You look like you didn't sleep well." She said. "Well that's because I didn't." I picked up two piece of mutton from the campfire and sat on a log, munching on them. After I was done eating, I noticed something, normally there are four pieces of meat cooking by the campfire. Each of us have two pieces, I just ate two but two others were still there. "Um Aneesah, didn't you have breakfast yet?" I asked. She turned to me and shrugged "No not yet, I'll have it in just a minute as soon as I'm done with this crafting." While she was talking, I watched as the iron on the crafting table merge together creating the item, I could see the item from where I was sitting and trust me, that did not look anything like a bucket. "Alright, but you might want to check your crafting table." I mentioned. When I told her that, she turned to the table and gave a similar look of confusion. "What the...?"