07: friends

"Of course!" I said with an excited tone, yet shyly at the same time. "So you live around here?"

"Yeah, I live about a block away actually." I walked over to the couch and suddenly he came rushing over. He hovered his arms around my back as if I was going to fall.

"Oh no it's alright, I'm used to getting around myself." Usually when things like this happen I feel a bit inferior because of my disability. However I didn't think to hard because his intentions most likely meant no harm.

"Oh ok, sorry. Just being careful."  He said as we both sat on the couch. There was another awkward silence, so I knew I had to go out of my comfort zone to start conversation.

"You have any other friends here?" He let out a sigh, "No, not really. I mean there are people a few years older than me close by but we aren't close." 

"Yeah same goes for me, I've done homeschooling my whole life so I don't interact with many people either. Which is also why I moved out here with my brother. He's the closest thing I have to a friend." 

"I have an older sister, Ji-yeon. She's turning 18 this fall. I consider her my friend as well. I also have my grandma, the one who grows flowers, she raised me most of my life."

We started to talk about our families which was quite nice. It seemed we both found peace talking about our loved ones.

"I'm curious, what hobbies do you have? Considering what you can and can't do. Politely asking by the way, sorry if I make you uncomfortable." 

"No you're alright!" These questions seldom bother me at all. "Hm, that's a good question. Usually whenever Jay watches TV I like to to stick around and listen in. It's unfortunate I can't see what's going on but it allows me to think up a setting myself. I like walking outdoors as well, getting out as much as I can." 

"That's good that you have the motivation to do those things at least. If you want, sometime you can come over to my place or we could go to the cafe to talk." I liked that idea, that way I can get used to this place more and I could have a friend to talk to. 

"That sounds like a good plan!" I smiled hard because I've never had a someone like him. He's easy to talk to, I just wish I knew what he looked like.

Jungwon's POV: 

She's really sweet. I had sympathy for her but I could feel relief at the same time. No matter what topic we brought she always had something positive to say and put aside the fact that she couldn't see. 

She's pretty too. Her hair reached a little below her shoulders and had a tint of brown when it hit the light. Her eyes had still, a little life in them, if she looked at you, you wouldn't have noticed her loss of sight. Her smile was genuine, almost like she's never experienced anything bad in her life. I felt comfortable around her.

"So, when would you like to hang out?" Choon Hee asked. "I mean we do have a whole summer and I assume you're free?" 

"Anytime actually, I mean would you like to talk a walk with me later? Well after Jay comes back." I hope he can trust me with her, but it's understandable if he says no.

"Sure! What kind of places are there to walk to?"

"Well there's a cafe across my house and close by there's a park as well. Not much here but it's a nice walk around the places." It's pretty quiet around here, but I enjoyed that. 

We talked a while longer, maybe about an hour or so? It didn't feel that long though, she's pretty outgoing and likable. Choon Hee seemed like one of those people who are shy when you meet them, but as you get to know them they're more extroverted and bright. 

The door began to unlock and her brother walked in.

"Hey, you both are still alive!" Jay said joking around. 

"So who were you with at the cafe?" Choon Hee replied. "Did you bring back any leftovers at least." 

"Haha no, sorry. I was with Jake and Sunghoon, the ones I told you about last night." 

Sunghoon? I'm shocked he was with them, he's pretty introverted if you ask me. 

"Oh yeah, Sunghoon lives a few houses down from me." I said, third-wheeling the conversation. 

"Ah I see. Well, we don't have much going on today, it's what" He checked his watch, "14:27. Up to you guys on what you want to do, just don't go robbing a bank or something. Oh yeah, no driving though, but I don't think you can drive yet, can you?" He asked me in a nonchalant way.

"No I can't. Is it ok if I take her for a walk around the neighborhood?" 

"Sure, here what's your phone number just in case you need to call?" We exchanged phone numbers and then we headed out the door.

"Why don't you hold on to my arm, the grounds uneven." I offered. 

"Thank you." She held onto my right arm as we slowly walked out of the complex.