30: bridge

a/n: I'm finally have this whole week off for fall break:) i'll try to post a couple more chapters to get this done

edit: so if u saw that sungwon chapter.. forget that. its back to jungwon now lol. seriously im so sorry if youre annoyed

------

"Let's go the the convenience store, how about that?" Jungwon said, walking back into his room. "That sounds like fun!" Choon Hee replied.

------

"What snacks do you like?" Choon Hee pondered the thought. "Hmm, I want to share so are you looking for something sweet, salty, spicy..." 

Jungwon looked along the aisle, seeing what goods there were. "How about something sweet." Choon Hee smiled and asked, "Is there mint chocolate balls?" Jungwon winced, "Ok anything but mint choco. That's gross." "Hey! No it's not." Choon Hee fought back, laughing.

"Yes it is! It's like brushing your teeth along with chocolate. That's disgusting." Jungwon replied. "Ugh, that's what Jay even said." She playfully hit the boy, "Ok nevermind that then, let's just go with chocolate without the mint." Jungwon grinned at his little victory. 

Walking out of the store they settled down on a bench against the brick wall. 

With a sigh, Choon Hee asked, "So what's the sky like today?"

"Cheerful. Just like you." Jungwon said smiling in her direction. She tried hiding a smile, "How can one describe a sky as cheerful?" 

"Well, it's a bright blue, just like the cardigan you're wearing right now. The sun is out with no clouds blocking it's way." He paused, moving a strand of hair out of the girl's face. "Just like the smile you have on today."

Flustered, Choon Hee continued to eat the chocolate treats. 

Choon Hee then took the last choco ball out of the box and moved towards the boy's mouth. "Hey I don't want it!" Jungwon giggled trying to escape the girl's hand. "Awh let me feed you" She laughed. He eventually let the treat meet his lips, accepting her request.

------

"What's your favorite animal Jungwon?" The boy looked down at the ground, kicking the leaves in the park. "Cats." 

"Really? Same here!" She jumped like a little girl. "Why don't you take one in as a pet then?" "Well I've actually always wanted one but Jay's allergic." Choon Hee said, forming a small pout on her lips. 

"That's funny because I'm a little allergic as well." He chuckled, "I guess we have a lot in common. 

Choon Hee hugged Jungwon's left arm, lying her head on his shoulder, until-

Jungwon swung his head to his right, seeing a girl crying alone. "Jungwon who's that? Are they okay?" "I'll go check on her, come on." 

The girl was curled into a ball next to a tree, crying. "Hey, miss? Is there anything we can help you with?" Choon Hee too, knelt down comforting the girl. But her comfort was rejected by a push to the ground. 

"Hey hey chill out, she was just trying to help!" When Jungwon went to help Choon Hee up, he was pulled back by the girl. She back hugged him, continuing to sob in his shoulder. 

He tried getting the girl off him, still trying not to hurt her. "What's your problem?" 

The girl then let go and wept, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Jungwon stared at the girl, not understanding what was going on.

Choon Hee sat off to the side also dumbfounded. 

"My boyfriend just left me. Here, alone." The two stayed silent not knowing how to comfort her. "Please stay here, with me." The girl tightly grasped onto Jungwon's wrist, though he didn't do anything.

"You! Girl, leave. I only need his help." Jungwon blinked, waking up from zoning out. "No, she's staying with me. I'll go find some help-" The girl pulled him into her embrace again, crying into his shoulder. 

Choon Hee could tell her sniffs and cries were muffled by his shoulder, leading her to stay silent the rest of the time. 

"What's your name?" "Suya." "Ok Suya why don't you let go for a second, let's talk this through."

She then let go again, allowing Jungwon to take a few steps back before she hugs him again. He looked in Choon Hee's direction checking to see if she was ok.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" Suya stood up looking at Jungwon pulling his phone out. "Calling 112."

"No no no! Please don't!" She tried taking his phone away. 

"Hello? Yes, this girl, Suya is lost here in the local park. Yes. Thank you so much." He sighed putting his phone back in his pocket. 

A slap went across his face in a second.

"I told you not too!" She cried. Jungwon, stunned, pulled her close and hugged her. "Shh. Everything will be ok." 

Choon Hee stood up and placed her hand on the tree. She could tell what was going on and chose to stand in silence, trying to understand. It was hard for her though, shouldn't I empathize for her? Shouldn't I be understanding of her situation? 

Jungwon still hugging the crying girl stared at Choon Hee the whole time, waiting for the police to come. 

Trust me, love, I care for you much more than anything and anyone else.

"Thank you so much officer." The cars drove off leaving Jungwon and Choon Hee in the dark place. 

Jungwon turned to face Choon Hee, intertwining his hands to hers. "Let me take you somewhere." The girl nodded, looking down.

"Can you guess where I took you?" Jungwon said, shaking her hand for a response. "No, where could we be right now?" She asked with a quiet tone.

"We're on a bridge, Choon Hee." She tilted her head. "Don't worry, this road no longer allows vehicles to pass through so we're safe here." They remained silent for a bit.

"Why'd you take me here? It's not like I can look at the view, overlooking this beautiful city." Tears formed in her eyes.

"I brought you here to have alone time with you. Not for the view." He looked at her lashes and wiped her tears with his thumb. "You know I'm also relieved you can't see this view." He paused, "That way you won't be deceived by this world by how beautiful it may seem."

He took her hands and had her face him. "I'm sorry for earlier, Choon Hee." 

"I know you must've been hurt. Trust me the only reason I hugged her was to quiet her down." He stopped, not knowing what to say next. 

"Choon Hee-" His words were stopped by a hug. "Yang Jungwon, please don't ever be sorry. I'm not upset, I shouldn't be in the first place. Suya was in need of help and you helped her." 

He made a solemn face and replied, "I know, but I still should've helped you up when you needed me. But instead I tried to comfort her first. I'm sorry." Choon Hee smiled in return, "Thank you, Yang Jungwon, for caring for me so much." She looked down with a smile.

"Park Choon Hee, I hope you know I don't only care for you."

"I love you."

She then tensed at his words, "You... Jungwon?"

Within seconds he placed his hands under her hair pulling her into a kiss. Closing his eyes he smiled at this moment, this time, and most of all, her. Choon Hee stood in shock and too closing her eyes.

"Yang Jungwon." She said with her head down again, flustered. "I love you too." She placed her hands on his cheeks, gently rubbing her thumb where his dimples lie. 

With a smirk on his face he lifted her head up by her chin, "Quit looking down, I like to see your face." 

How I wish this moment could last forever. With you, for eternity.