08: breeze

a/n: it's 210802 and sunghoon posted on weverse with that headband of his. yesterday heeseung posted a selca with specs. plus that one vlive where sunghoon tied his hair back. THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT YALL. we're so spoiled. and lately they've been liking engenes' tiktoks TT. they know everything. terrified. 

-----

Author's POV:

The two walked along the sidewalk. The weather was nice, not too hot, not too cold.

The sun was out, clear skies with a breeze. Trees swayed lightly and people were out and about. Birds chased each other in the air. 2, 3 cars drove down the road.

"You know, we should make a promise to one another." The girl looked over. "And what promise would that be?" 

"Well, we are each other's first, good friend, and I want to have a good relationship with you." Choon Hee lifted her brow with a little confusion in her face. 

"How about this, aside from family, if we need anything we'll come to each other first. Meaning, if you're in need of something, all you have to do is inform me and I'll help. If I need to share something important with someone, I'll tell you."

Choon Hee hummed with a nod. "That sounds good, except who else would we have to tell anyways." she said with a laugh.

Jungwon smiled, he liked how this was going. But at the same time, where was this going?

They walked over to the park where there was a bench. 

"It feels shady here, are we at the park you mentioned?" "Yes actually, here let's sit down."

They sat down next to each other alongside the pathway. 

Choon Hee let out a sigh, "I like you a lot Jungwon." 

Jungwon's POV:

I like you a lot Jungwon. 

I was shocked at the words that came out of her mouth. 

"How so?" I was kind of nervous but I didn't want to think too hard.

"You're very sweet, caring, and it feels like I've known you forever." She smiled as she said those words. I caught myself doing the same thing. 

"Well I hope I can continue to do so." 

"Do you mind if I feel your face?" She wants to what-

"I know it sounds weird but I'd like to picture what you look like. So whenever I'm with you or away, I can have an idea of what Jungwon looks like." She said with an innocent smile. 

"Sure." She slowly raised her hands to come closer to my face. I held her hands to help guide her. 

She first cupped her hands around my cheeks, just like my grandmother does. Her fingers then moved to my nose and eyes. Her hands were soft and gentle. Just by her touch you could tell she wouldn't hurt a fly. Her thumbs went over my lips. I looked at her as she did these and her eyes were shut. I felt weird, something in my stomach, I'm not sure. Her index fingers gently swept over my brows and she moved my hair aside. I started to smile a bit. I didn't realize it but I did. 

"You have dimples." She said with another smile. "Yep, I get praised for them often." I replied with a chuckle. 

She sat back in place and nodded. "I can somewhat picture what you look like." She took a pause in her words. "I just wish I could see how pretty you actually are."

I felt it again. The thing in my stomach. I don't know if I liked it or not.

"As long as I get to see you." She looked down with a shy face. 

"What do I look like?" That's right, the only version of herself she knows is probably her 5 year old face. But even then could one still remember?

"Well, your hair is silky, and your eyes are almond shaped. Your nose is, well I 'm not sure how to describe it but it suits your face well." Is she blushing? I don't think she knows that. But it made me smile again. 

"You're very pretty to me." I told her. "Thank you, Yang Jungwon." My full name. I've never been called by my full name unless I'm in trouble.

"Is it ok if I call you that?" I quickly nodded. "Uh, yes of course!" I almost forgot nodding wasn't an answer among the two of us. 

"Ok, I'll call you that from now on. I like your name." I could feel my face going hot. Sometimes it's nice having her not being able to see. Not for a bad reason, it's just I've caught myself blushing and smiling uncontrollably the past hour. 

I got a text message from Jay. 

Is everything ok? 

Yep, we will head back now.

"It's getting late, why don't we head back now." I said as I stood up.

"Alright." She took my arm again as we walked out of the park. 

Walking back there were a few more cars on the road. It was 16:08, the time when everyone's coming home from work. 

As we walked past the cafe I saw Sunghoon and Jake walking out. 

"Jungwon, isn't it?" Jake said, greeting us. "And who's this?"

"Hi guys, this is Choon Hee, Choon Hee, this is Jake and to his right is Sunghoon.

She bowed in their direction and began to speak. "Oh so you're Jake and Sunghoon. You guys know Jay? He's my brother." 

"Oh yeah! He told us about you. Nice to finally see you." Jake said. 

Sunghoon was quiet, not surprising but he was staring at Choon Hee. 

"She can't see you guys by the way." I wasn't trying to be rude, but it would probably help with their confusion.

"Really? Jay never told us that part." 

"It's ok though I'm fine." Choon Hee spoke up. 

"Well it was nice bumping into you guys, see you around." Jake said walking passed us. 

"Oh yeah, say hi to Jay for us will you?" Then they walked off.

We were quite silent walking back to her apartment. We were both drained from the time we were out today. 

We finally reached her door.

"Thank you for hanging out with me today." She said smiling, again. 

"It's no problem, I'll let you know the next time I'm free." 

I closed the door behind her and went home.

I was happy. That feeling in my stomach happened again. I had lost count of how many times I felt that today. I will stay with her forever. We make each other happy... and I will stay by her side.