31: fallen

a/n: might i suggest yall to listen to dandelions (slowed + reverb) by ruth b, slater. broken, crying sobbing :')

edit: JUNGWON BLUE HAIR I HAVE BEEN GOING INSANE ALL DAY 

------

"Really?" Choon Hee jumped with glee from the news. "Yep!"

Jay and Choon Hee had a whole week off to visit their parents. It's been a few months since they've been together as a family.

------

"That's great!" Jungwon shook her hands, happy for the girl. "I remember during our second greeting, we talked so much about our families. You don't understand how happy it makes me that you get to see your family just as I can see mine." 

Choon Hee smiled, letting go of his hands as Maeumi lie on her lap. 

"Jungwon! You have a visitor!" Ji-yeon called from the floor below. 

The two went downstairs, Choon Hee following from behind. Jungwon opened the door to a familiar face.

"Oh, Sunghoon what's up?" 

Choon Hee looked up, hearing the name and walked to Jungwon's side. 

"Choon Hee." Sunghoon said, seeing the person he was looking for, "I figured you'd be here."

"I see I don't have a visitor, but you do." Jungwon casually said with a chuckle. "Did you need something?" Choon Hee asked with the usual smile she had across her face. 

"I heard you and Jay were going to be gone for a week so I thought we could talk for a bit before you go." He slowly took a glance at Jungwon to see his reaction. Though Jungwon was calm and didn't feel or show any signs of bitterness.

"Sure!" Sunghoon's face lit up a bit at her response, "Ok I'll text Jay later when you're free." 

As he started to turn around, Jungwon spoke up, "Actually you guys can hang out now if you want."

Choon Hee shifted her head to the side in confusion, whilst Sunghoon lifted his brow. 

"Haha, you guys seemed shocked. I have to help my grandmother tonight anyways, nothing serious." 

Choon Hee went back inside to get her jacket. "Is this okay with you?" 

Jungwon looked up, "What do you mean?" "You're not upset are you? Me and Sunghoon?" Jungwon smirked, "You already belong to me isn't that correct?" 

She turned around embarrassed, Jungwon chuckled, "And I belong to you?" She laughed, "Yes. Yang Jungwon is mine." 

------

"Can you guess where I'm taking you?" Sunghoon said to her, this time she sat in the passenger's seat. 

"The hill? Or perhaps the café?" Sunghoon lightly flicked her head. "No stupid, think again."

She applauded happily, "The ice rink? YAY THE ICE RINK!" 

He took a glance of her and smiled, "Yes, the ice rink."

Sunghoon knew there was little to no chance of being with her, though in his heart he still pursued and took every chance he got to be by her side. 

It did hurt, being just a friend, so close yet so far from the one he loved. 

However, in his mind,

 just the thought of being to care for her in the way he is able, seeing her happy, and helping her the way she did with him, 

warmed his heart.

"Hey you're doing so much better!" Sunghoon said as hey gliding on the ice. "I'm going to let go now."

Choon Hee raised her eyebrows at his comment, "NO NO SUNGHOON!" For a few seconds she went on her own, but as expected she tripped over an ice dent. Sunghoon, still in front of her at the moment fell down with her, back first.

He groaned in pain, Choon Hee too climbing off him. "Sorry." she said, pursing her lips. He chuckled, "No I shouldn't have let go." 

They got off the ice, onto the bleachers to take a rest. "Ah Sunghoon that was so fun!" 

"Of course for you it was. You're not the one that fell back first onto that hard, cold, ice rink." He said.

Choon Hee pouted, "I said I'm sorry!" A small grin went across his lips, he didn't realize how much more he fell for her during this moment.

"Ok ok I'll think about forgiving you or not." He said with a huff, but both knew he was just messing around. 

Sunghoon leaned back on the bleachers and let out a sigh. "What is it?" Choon Hee asked. "Nothing really, just wish things could work out the way I want."

She smiled, "I'm sure they will Sunghoon." He bit his lips at her response. She added, "Would you like to tell me? I could help!" 

"No, I don't think you ca-" "Of course I can! I've helped you before haven't I?" Her smile made his heart sink.

"Well, let's say you were in love with someone, but they are already in a relationship. It doesn't seem like they'll separate and it's wrong to think that way. Should you still wait? I mean you still want the best for them and for them to be happy.." 

"Sunghoon, you never told me you're in love?" She made a side smile. "Well my advice to you is to continue to love that person. Never give up. However if it starts to hurt you, try to move on, I don't want to see you hurt."

Sunghoon stayed quiet, thinking about what she said.

But it's you. I don't want to move on. Never.

"Small example, I thought Jungwon didn't like me that way, but even though I thought that, I still waited. And look where we are!" Choon Hee said in the most innocent way.

"Ok yeah I get it." He said coldly. "I'm only trying to help-" 

"I'm hurting, Choon Hee. So please stop." She tilted her head, "Wait what's wrong-" Her voice faded off at the end. She didn't know if her assumption was correct, not trying to make a fool of herself.

"Who is it, Sunghoon who's hurting you?" He sat back up and took a deep breath. 

"Myself. I'm the one who fell first and now I have to put up with the consequences."

"It- it's not m-"

"Yes. You. I'm sorry, you probably feel awkward now and I apologize. However I won't apologize for loving you. I won't let you feel bad either, nor Jungwon." 

Sunghoon had more to say but held back, knowing the girl could feel uncomfortable.

Choon Hee did feel bad, but was also in shock. 

"Trust me, I've made up my mind. I choose to wait. It might never even happen but I will wait."