38: tale's end

Choon Hee's POV:

Jay had come to see me last night and this morning we are packing to go back home.

White walls, white lights, white desks.

This hospital was whiter than I expected. Jay used to describe them to me as colorful places, maybe those were the kid's hospitals.

"You ready?" Jay said walking behind me.

"Yep." He offered his arm out to me so I was more stable when walking.

Jungwon did the same. He always did.

When we walked outside, I looked around.

People pushing people in wheelchairs, trees, flag poles, and the street.

It all seemed so unreal, almost a dream that I could see all these.

How did I know it wasn't a dream? I've never seen these before. In my dreams I could only picture things I've seen before, or whatever my mind came up with.

I then looked up at the sky.

It was blue, with clouds moving off to the side from the wind. The sun peeked out from the clouds, causing me to look away from my last experience. 

Off in the distance was a colorful streak in the sky. A rainbow I believe.

Yang Jungwon are you seeing this? It's a rainbow! It's so much prettier than I thought.

"Choon Hee time to go." Jay said with a smile on his face.

On the way home I looked out the window.

There was so much to see.

"Mom and dad are driving here tomorrow to visit. They'll be so happy to see you well and able to see." 

He continued, "It's a miracle."

I remembered Jungwon's tale. I didn't know whether he was saying that to comfort me, or was it truly...

When we arrived at the apartment, Sunghoon was there waiting.

"Hey, I came to help you guys out!"

"Thanks man, here can you please bring Choon Hee upstairs while I unpack these thing?"

As we walked I consistently looked around, seeing stairs and bushes. 

"Here we are." Sunghoon said, unlocking the door with the keys Jay gave him.

In the room, there was the kitchen, living room, and deeper into the room was the small hallway to our bedrooms.

It looked so familiar yet different.

Familiar because I knew where things were, different because of the designs of things.

"I'm truly so happy for you Choon Hee." Sunghoon said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"So am I." I forced a smile. 

I was happy, but incomplete. I was sad, I tried not to be. He told me not to be.

I wanted to fulfill his wish, to be happy.

Inside I was hurting, outside, I looked fine.

I had run out of tears to cry. 

I looked back to the counter, seeing a pot. 

It was the gardenias he had first sent over. They were near dead.

To it's side was the newer pot he gave me.

"Everything ok?" Sunghoon asked.

"Yes, everything is ok."

Jungwon, I want to say thank you as well.

Silly you, you didn't let me write back to you could hear what I had to say. 

By now, I think I've figured out why you left. You're so stubborn, why would you exchange your way of living for me.

I had so many plans for us too.

I wanted to go to the park again.

I wanted to visit the bridge again.

I wanted to be able to see you.

My whole time being with you, my love, and you were left unseen.

You could've let me see you first, your dimples, your smile, your eyes.

Who am I kidding, that wouldn't work would it. That was the whole purpose, without you going, I wouldn't be able to see isn't that right? Let alone wake up even?

Jungwon it's so hard to say thank you. 

I mean how can I? In exchange you had to leave me. 

I'll be waiting upon your arrival again. You said you'll be waiting for me.

Where are you Yang Jungwon?

Jay finally came in the apartment with everything.

"Ah, finally home." He said as he plopped on the couch.

"You excited to watch a movie Choon Hee?" Jay asked, "You too Sunghoon."

As he grabbed the remote he began to sneeze.

"Bless you." Sunghoon and I said in unison, making us laugh.

Jay sneezed again, "Man is it the pollen or something?"

Sunghoon looked out the window, "Jay didn't you mention you're allergic to cats?"

Everyone looked over to see a white feline sitting on the window panel.

Choon Hee looked at the cat for a bit, "Has, has that ever been here before?"

"No? We never get cats here-" Jay sneezed again, "Can someone please get it out of here?"

Choon Hee walked out the apartment door and walked to the side.

There the white cat was, perched on the side wall.

"Hello there." She picked up the cat, hugging it.

"Is it you? Don't worry, I'll take care of you forever."

my little gardenia, we're finally together again.

~an exchange one was willing to make, out of love, so the other could have a chance to see what lies out in front of them~