28: sunset

a/n: hey hey;) idk if u guys watched gp999 but im so happy abt the lineup!! uh yes, sad abt my picks that didn't get in but best wishes for their future:) anyways, sunghoon and wonyoungs interview w aespa, heeseung and jungwon was so cute T.T AND THE LEOPARD PRINT-

------

Jay's POV:

The sky was an orangey-pink color. A small breeze swept through the shore, the tide, little by little, rising. 

It was 19:20.

Small sounds of laughter muffled in my ears as my mind was busy with, hm, I'm actually not sure what I was thinking of. Just thoughts. 

Walking closer to the shore, I saw Choon Hee and the boy accompanying her running around playfully. It was nice, to see my sister enjoy her youth. Seeing her laughing about with people her age, other than myself. 

Alongside me, was Sunghoon, head down, kicking the sand. 

"I'll go set up the net and everything." I said. "Oh, yeah let me help you." The younger replied, raising his eyebrows. 

End of Jay's POV-

"Come on faster!" Jungwon held onto the girls hands, running backwards in the sand. The two were quite at their happiest.

The boy's face hadn't relaxed a bit, squinted eyes, wide smile, and his dimples were very prominent. He looked at the girl's laughing face, finding a warmness in his heart. 

"Slow down! I can feel my dress getting wet!" Choon Hee slowed down, causing the boy to do the same. They panted, after all the running. 

Jungwon then grabbed her wrist, walking them to dryer sand. 

Choon Hee let out a big sigh of relaxation, "Thank you, Jungwon for inviting me." He looked over at her and laughed, "I wouldn't call this an invite." "How so?" The girl asked. 

"Well if it was an invite, it makes it sound like I'm the one asking you to come." This time the girl's turn to laugh came. "Yang Jungwon! That's exactly what you did!" 

"Ok ok, even if I didn't ask, would you have the thought of being with me?" He looked at her, waiting for an expectant answer. "Hm, would I?" A smirk rose on her mouth. 

The boy playfully pushed her leading the two to laugh. "Yes, of course I would. In fact, I do everyday." The girl said with a smile across her face. Jungwon began to blush, making him bury his face in his knees and arms. 

The sunset was ethereal, one might say. However there was still, a little bitterness in it knowing one couldn't admire it.

Sunghoon's POV:

"Yah! So close!" I yelled. It was Jay's serve and the score was 5:7. 

I was 5.

"OK!!" Jay cheered, making another point. I was having a good time actually. Playing badminton on a beach, quite refreshing. 

"YES!" The score was now 6:8.

We then took a break, heading over to the blanket we set up with drinks. I took a drink of the sparkling water I brought, and sighed with a grin.

Then slowly, without realizing it, my smile faded away. 

There Choon Hee was, all happy with the boy next to her. That boy not being me. It was selfish I know, but it honestly hurt to see her with him. I feel my best around her. She makes me happy, she shows me the positive sides of things, she sees me for me. 

But now I can only feel those things with a barrier. A barrier, guarding me from being the one she looks to first, the one she can call hers. Dramatic? No, I enjoyed feeling those things for her. 

"Something on your mind?" I looked over to Jay laying on the blanket, hands behind his head. "Oh yeah, just thinking about practices and stuff." I had a small feeling Jay knew something else was up, but he let me keep my thoughts to myself. 

End of Sunghoon's POV:

Jay nodded and closed his eyes. Sunghoon thought right, in fact Jay even knew what he was thinking. He saw the way his friend looked at his sister. 

He thought it was a little funny, seeing everyone take a liking on his sibling. Jay felt a slight bit proud as well, he was worried that moving to a new place, people might not care or accept the blind girl. Ironically, things turned the opposite direction. 

From childhood, Jay has always been attentive to small things. Once, he helped a neighbor find out who stole their bike, at the age of 10. He had played outside often enough to know who's usually out and about. His parents even suggested for him to take in consideration to taking law school. However he had a bigger passion for fashion design. 

------

"Describe the sky to me." Choon Hee hugged her knees to her chest. "Well the sun is now setting, so it's a vibrant orange, with purple and pink." Jungwon replied.

He enjoyed being able to describe things to her as it also allowed him to look at the world around him in detail. 

Choon Hee on the other hand, yearned to be able to see the sky. She's always been told sunsets and sunrises are orange, red, pink, and all of these warm colors. However she's only remembered the blue side of it. 

Who knew the sky could be so colorful.

"It's getting colder, wear my jacket." Jungwon said, taking off the light jacket he brought. "No keep it, or else you'll be cold." "I'm fine, you need it more. Choon Hee you're literally wearing a sundress." The girl went red, reacting to his care. 

The two then walked back to the olders, as it was getting dark.

"You guys ready to head back?" Jay asked. "Up to you." Jungwon replied. 

Sunghoon looked over at Choon Hee, noticing the jacket she wore. 

Flashbacks from their first time at the rink came back to him.

"Wear this." "No I'm fine, really." "I said put it on." 

Would he still have those moments with her again?