21: careful

a/n: today is 210823 and jay's en-log came out what, yesterday? Or the night before... I'm not sure but it was so good TT. Recently I haven't been able to keep up with content because of stress. Stress from school about to start😀... anyways enjoy

———

"You ready?" Choon Hee and Yeji were sitting in the living room while the TV was on. "Ready for what?" The two asked, looking behind them. Sunghoon crossed his arms, "I thought you wanted to go skating with me?" "This early? We just had lunch." Choon Hee said. "Well I wanted to skate earlier, how about that?" 

Yeji spoke up, "Choon Hee it's ok you can go. I'm taking my drivers test later today anyway so I should get prepared." The younger then walked off to her room leaving the other two standing. 

"I already brought our stuff in the car. Come on, let's go." Sunghoon said.

———

"We aren't going to ice skate, are we." Sunghoon looked at the rear view mirror, "Hm?" "Where are we going? The drive to the rink didn't take this long." Sunghoon was in shock by her observation. "You remember how long it took to get there? We've only went twice." 

Choon Hee sighed, "I guess it's something you pick up when riding a vehicle, not being able to see where you're going. You still didn't answer my question by the way." The boy raised his eyebrows, "I'm taking us to a hill." 

"A hill?" Choon Hee was confused, "Why are we going to a hill?" Sunghoon sat back in his seat, still driving. "To relax." The girl was still dumbfounded in her thoughts. 

The two remained silent the rest of the drive. 

———

Stepping out of the car, Choon Hee smelled fresh air.

Small breeze, scents of grass, and warmth from the sun hitting her arm. 

"Now what?", she asked Sunghoon. "What do you mean, now what, have you never just sat back, relax, and do nothing?" He chuckled, taking a seat a midst the vast hills of grass. 

Nothing? Choon Hee thought. "So we came here to do nothing?" She was left with no reply, leaving her no choice but to sit down as well. She then lied down on the grass, hands on her stomach and eyes closed. 

Sunghoon looked over to her and blinked. "You seem to be enjoying doing nothing." She laughed at herself, "I wouldn't call this, nothing, but yes, I'm enjoying this." 

The boy smiled, "If it's not nothing, then what is it?" "Like you said earlier, relaxing. Clearing my thoughts, and enjoying the weather." She replied, still lying down next to him. "And what about me?" 

"What do you mean? I'm here with you, relaxing. You took us here remember?" She joked. Sunghoon frowned a bit. "So I see you're liking to skate lately." She spoke up again. Sunghoon then lied down beside her, "Yes, I have actually." "What helped you? I mean you seem happier and that's good to see." She said, smiling. 

"Not what, who." Sunghoon turned his head to look at her. "Yeah, that makes more sense. I bet it's your mom, she's very encouraging and kind from what I've seen."

You. It was you. Sunghoon thought, but couldn't bring himself to say it. "Yeah, she really is." 

"And what about your sister? Yeji seems to be nicer than before, I can tell she's trying her best." The boy sighed again, "Yeah, I know. But I find it weird for her to be like this. She's usually selfish, and only thinks for herself. I know, it's good she's changing, but she can be very stubborn. Probably got it from our dad."

Choon Hee sat up, leading Sunghoon to do the same. "Oh yeah, where is your dad?" She paused, "If your comfortable saying, that is." "No, it's not a big deal. I'm not that sure either." He laughed off. "He's always texting me encouraging things, and sending Yeji and me good wishes. Just not in person. He's there, but behind the scenes." Choon Hee nodded, trying to understand him. 

———

"Here, drink this." Sunghoon said handing bubble tea to her. "Thank you." "You did better today, you weren't as tense grabbing on to my arms." He chuckled. "Yeah, I just can't move my feet right." Choon Hee said, still chewing on the tapioca pearls. 

"Are you guys ok?" 

"Your brother texted me." Choon Hee looked up, "What'd he say?" "He just asked if we were alright."

"We're doing fine. You?"

"I'm ok, just making sure nothings wrong." 

"He really cares about you." "Yeah, he's always been that way, and I'm grateful. Just after everything changed, he's even more careful than before." Choon Hee sat back in her chair. 

"Really? I find it ironic that he's pretty chill with most things. He let's you go out on your own, he seems to trust people pretty fast, and being his friend, he's more of the sarcastic one in the group." Sunghoon said. 

"I know what you mean. But I wouldn't say he trusts people fast, he's more of the type to let people test his limits. I think his sarcastic personality is to cover how much he's actually careful."