𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

'Bye Master!'
'Bye Mister Sebastian!'
'Bye young Master!'

The servant's voice rang out as the carriage starts to depart.

Once Ciel had said his destination to the driver a few minutes ago,
A look of fear crossed his face as he told them that he can't drop them off right near the manor, so he will have to drop the two off further away from the structure.

'Even the driver is scared of whoever this 'Rei' is,' the earl muttered under his breath.
Sebastian caught his little sentence as he turned to his Master,

'Do not fret, Master. We will solve this as quickly as possible so you can get back to your duties once more,'

'I guess so Sebastian, only time will tell whether this woman is as feared as they said she is, '

The ride there was mostly full of Ciel bickering about his fiancée,

Elizabeth Midford.
She may seem sweet and kind, and she truly is. She would've been such an amazing wife if it wasn't for two things,
1- her annoying high pitched voice.
And 2- her obsession with 'cute' and 'girly' items.

Aside from that, she is also a strong girl with absolutely amazing fencing skills.

Though can that beat one of an ex-demon slayer?

Currently, around 7 pm, it was quite dark due to England, nearing winter.

The driver of the carriage, with shaky hands he halts the horses to a stop about half a mile from the entrance of Kibutsuji manor.

'Finally, That ride was tiring,'

Sebastian hummed in agreement, even he found the ride quite tiring, after they entered the village territory, all that could be seen was grass. Hardly any wildlife whatsoever.

Even once they entered past the village, barely anyone was seen, even if they were they started whispering amongst themselves.
But for Sebastian, he heard that as clear as day,

'Are those people out of their minds?!'

'Coming here willingly is a death wish, and It looks like they're trying to see the Mistress!'

'The mistress?! Oh my, and he's just a boy!' an older lady said.

The butler recalled the words in his head, thinking about them for a moment.
Until a snap of the teen's fingers got him out of his thoughts,

'Stop dilly-dallying! We need to try to get her to let us into the manor!'

When he collected his thoughts again, they were already at the big door that stood Infront of them.

The butler took a glance at some of the windows to find that only some had the lights on before bringing his hand up to the door,

Right before his hand even made contact with the wood the door suddenly opened to a female figure,

She had black hair with a couple of white streaks, not someone you would call 'short' but not average either.
Her clothing was of a Japanese style, with a black and white kimono and a black, with white petal patterns Haori that covered her arms and hands to finish it off, her hair was let down and the most distinct feature was a kitsune mask.
Aside from that if it wasn't for the candlelight you would've been able to tell her almost white skin.

Ciel, startled by the girl's sudden appearance jumped a little while the butler just looked at the girl and smiled,
'Hello Lady Rei, I am Sebastian Michaelis and this is my master, Ciel Phanthomhive' he said and bowed to the girl as Ciel just looked at her with curiosity.

'What are you doing here.' her voice was sharp and straight to the point.
Practically piercing the wind.

The two that stood Infront of her were startled by her sharp voice but collected themselves quickly.

'We come by order of the Queen. She had asked us to inspect you,'
Ciel said while glaring at where her eyes would be.

'inspect me? What do you mean by that.' her voice toned down a little, but it still laces with caution.

'We would like to see your manor. And see the workers' his butler continued.

The girl grunts a little before wordlessly letting them into the manor and walking off,

'you may just make sure to not annoy me.' she spoke in a monotone voice.

The two stepped into the structure, at first sight, it was clean. Practically sparkling!

But on the other hand, there were no servants to be seen, quiet. Even the women's steps were silent.

But one thing they also noticed was that there were barely any candles, all lit up with the Moonlight.

'let's go, Sebastian, let's waste no time.'
'yes, My lord.'

As their steps echo through the hallways, they both came to a halt at a certain door. All the rest they passed had a little light peeping through the crack in the doors due to the Moonlight.

But this was odd.
No light whatsoever was coming through the door.
'open it.' the Earl commanded.

The butler did so as commanded, the doors creaked as light flooded into the darkroom, making it a little more visible,

The room had no windows whatsoever it's as if it was made to let in no sunlight.

Ciel's eyes explored the odd room, 'what's that?' he pointed to a glass sphere. In it had an odd flower.

'hm, it seems like an odd coloured spider lily' Sebastian stated with a hand under his chin, in a thinking pose.

'What are you both doing in my room?'

A voice boomed behind them, her voice laced with venom and anger, she was clearly not in the mood to deal with the two's curiosity.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes and practically stared holes into the girl's mask, she, however, seemed unfazed as she stared right back at the man.
'I think your little investigation should be done by now. I suggest that you leave,'

'Very well, Sebastian let's go.' Ciel obeyed easily, which wasn't normal.
He had something up his sleeve.

But he wasn't the only one.

Her figure watched as the two figures left the manor, going back in she walked up the stairs into her own bedroom. Taking off her mask and setting it on the bed to reveal her face, her pale white skin and her white eyes along with the black part of her sclera complimented her black hair, what was noticeable was a number on her left eye, Rei.

She was usually called that by her 'friends'

But within seconds her skin became warmer, taking the shade of [s/c], her hair also taking the shade of
[h/c], and her eyes and sclera looking more human-like- the number disappeared and it took a [e/c] hue.

'𝐍𝐨𝐰, 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧. . .'