𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13

'ah, ~ Kokushibo-san?'

The demon in question turns his head towards Daki,
'Can we go see Rei and the rest? I miss her so much!'

Kokushibo stayed silent as if he was in deep thinking, he then turns back around and shakes his head.

'HUH?! But Rui gets to stay with her! Why not us!?'
Daki complains, ever since the blue spider lily had been found and used by Rei and Muzan, most demons have been killed off and now the moons don't have much to do, laying around bored,
Currently, most of them were at a large table, just discussing things until Daki brought up the subject.

'hmm~ Daki does have a point Kokushibo-san,' Enmu, who was one of the two lower moons alive, agreed with the fellow uppermoon,

Kokushibo still ignored the two and turned back around to nothing.
Still, the clingy duo didn't give up.

'Awe, what a shame, I'm pretty sure Rei was quite disappointed when she didn't see us with the others,'

'Agreed Enmu, She would be so overly joyed if she saw us,'

Finally, Kokushibo turned back around,
'fine... The next ferry at the nearest harbour is going to the United Kingdom to deliver rice and seaweed. We'll get on that one...'

'Yaay!'
The two cheered and jumped in happiness.

'I'll go tell my brother straight away!'

_________

'Are you ready, master?' I tease the boy who was not ready for whatever to come his way, poor soul.

'what do you think?' He snaps my way as I stand next to Sebastian, we were still dressed in the same clothes as the previous day, though Ciel had to dress in what he calls 'peasant' clothes. We walk over to the commotion behind the tent, the auditioning was already starting. 

'Ah! You two! And that must be that friend of ye that you were mentioning!' Joker beamed in joy as all the attention was turned to us,

'ah yes, this is... Finnian.' I remembered the name yesterday that Ciel named as his fake name.

'All alright then, come! Show us what yer got!' Joker led us to the big crowd, Sebastian leading the way. Though I suddenly I felt a tug on my sleeve to find the oh so slightly taller boy,

'hm?'

'you never told me anything about talents! What am I supposed to do,'
I sigh and put my hand on his shoulder,

'it will be fine, Master. You can rely on us. Just so what you think is best'
I then lead us to where they were all waiting,

'now, what yer talents?' he asked Ciel first who freaked out a little but answered,
'uhm, darts, I suppose.'

'we'll go with knife throwing! Dagger bring us some,' Joker called out to the blonde boy who instantly did as told.

I lean into Ciel's ear and whisper some encouragement, leading him to go completely red-faced due to the proximity of our faces.

Meanwhile,

Sebastian stood afar and stared at the interaction between us, I spot him and start to walk over leaving Ciel to do his trick,

'you take care of this, I need to deal with something..'

________

'Shinazugawa-san?' the insect pillar tried to get the attention of the wind pillar, failing miserably.

He sighs and ignores the kocho sister, what a fuss...

'Are you thinking about her?'

He knew exactly who she was talking about. His past lover. A traitor.

But yet he won't bat an eye, trying to hide the pain of her leaving him. And it was his own mistake. He was the one who offered to execute her after she was found 'guilty. But she wasn't... No less than two months ago it was found solid evidence that the Virtue pillar was innocent, leading into almost all of the pillars into a guilt-driven state of mind. Tanjiro is happy and proud that she is right and that she would never do such a crime.

But after trying to track her down they found out she is now in a whole different country? How sad. Such pity.

It hit four of all the pillars the most. Since they were the ones completely convinced she was guilty. So for the past week, Sanemi has been drowning in his issues. Not going on any missions since there has been none. But not doing any work either, like training or teaching, he even neglected sleep.

'Master has gotten a mission for you. It will be with Mitsuri and Obanai.' Shinobu wasted no time getting straight to the point.
Though the wind pillar found no motivation.

'It's about her... They need backup. A uppermoon had been spotted where F/N is.'
Instantly he froze. A uppermoon?

He had never fought a uppermoon. Neither did he want to but...
With this newly found information, it was enough to get him off his feet. Instantly getting ready.

Not only that but he wants to apologise. So badly.

Please, I beg you... Keep her safe.
_________

The tents were all empty and quiet. All the noise I heard was hooves and the sound of laundry as I walked past. No speaking. Not even a whisper.

I gently step over the wire that leads into the woods behind the circus tents, as I walked further in the air felt tight and it was as if the trees closed on me, finding it a little suffocating. But as I descended deeper a scent caught my nose, a very familiar one.

'Oh! Ayaka-san!' his kind voice echos through the woods as he turns towards me, capturing me into his deep red eyes, his burgundy hair swayed as he flashed a bright smile,

'Are you... Tanjiro?' his smile brightens and he nods, he was sitting down on a log, seeming to train his breathing, of course, he isn't going to tell me that...
He pats a seat next to him, signalling for me to have a seat, I gingerly sat down with no problem and twiddle with my thumbs in awkwardness.

He looks over to me with gentle eyes,
'You know...you both don't have the same sent but... Your smell is familiar, someone I used to know, she had an unbelievably beautiful smile. Might you know her? L/N F/N?'