𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 32

Have you ever despised someone so much even after 'all' they did for you? I have. So does he.

Who is he?
Sebastian Michaelis.

Like a switch, he went from comforting me over an unknown dead child to hating my guts, as you can see I also have a personality switch, definitely not because the author had one as well, no, of course not.

I forgot, I forgot why I came here. Right, to start something after the demons found a cure for the sunlight Muzan disregarded all unnecessary demons and left only the very few moons left. Some, well most of them stayed in Japan. I came here to require the gift I was given. Shame it had to go to waste.

23:07. I was sitting on a tree, swinging my legs about like a child. Since the three slayers left that leaves three here, the few Hashira,

"Rei."

It's been quite a while since I was called that...I shut my eyes. 

"Rei."

"Muzan-sama?" I question nobody, I must be hearing things...It's been a while since I've talked to him. What happened after that?

"Come down for me, will you?" My eyes travel down to the ground a few metres below to see a pair of bright red eyes staring at my figure. I jump down and look at him, the man stares back, taking in how I looked.

"I haven't seen you like this since you were...Human..." 
"Indeed...Are you proud of me, sir?"

He stayed silent, an empty look you may say, but deep inside discreetly hidden away was guilt, 
"Yes, I am...very proud of you, if it wasn't for you--" I took in a deep breath before his eyes wandered off into the distance, "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have achieved my goal of sublime immortality. 1000 years I've waited only for you,"

He turned back to me. He reached out slowly, a cold hand to cup my cheek before his fingertips could touch me blood was splattered across our faces.

Slowly, I turn to where it came from, instincts kicking in as I realized it was my master's hand, laying on the floor, of course, he easily regenerated. It doesn't mean who did that was off the hook,

"My my, So this is the so-called 'Demon King'" A familiar sadistic voice rose up, 

"How dare you speak ill of my master, you have yet to see him at his full power." I defended, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Master? How would your Master feel that you have been calling someone else such a title?" He rose his head up finally to look at me, a mischievous gleam in his eyes. 

"I have a reason for my actions, he knows that!" He was getting me to lose my cool on purpose and I was playing along perfectly, 
"Oh? A reason? tell me then, Rei. What Is This Reason?"

The reason I'm here...I don't remember actually, I don't remember a lot of things.

His gaze softened. His lips pursed.

Muzan stared intensely at Sebastian on the side before scoffing, giving me a final look before disappearing into the fog of the fresh morning, the sky, overcast.

I stayed silent, my back turned against Sebastian, "You do know...--"

His gloved hand finds a place on my shoulder, "Just because someone saved you doesn't mean you owe them anything, he's taking advantage of you, because of the state you were in when he found you, he took the chance to find your weak spot. You do know that if you were in any other state your fate might've ended then,"

"You don't know anything" I spat, pushing his hand off my shoulder, "You weren't there," 

"We didn't need to be there to grasp an understanding, [F/N]. You didn't have a goal in the first place here, don't you see?" another voice appeared behind me, I turn back to see Ciel, hands behind his back.

"This is-- was all a game to you. You didn't have any reason to be here rather than the fact you're hiding from who you once were, but they know now don't they? The slayers have left, I told them they are not needed, nor wanted. You have no need to hide anymore, no? Now, come, and join us. Live a new life with us."

He was right, I never had a goal, to begin with, Rei was an identity someone had given to me, and I took it without hesitation. There was never a born Rei, to begin with. Not one like me anyway. I took a deep breath, perhaps it was time I let everything go, the slayer corps and my role as uppermoon will always be a part of me, however, I have no need for their involvement. 

As I caught myself deep in thought, staring at the ground...A hand appeared in front of me, "Come now, [F/N], We have a ball to prepare." Sebastian smirked as I scoffed. Then, after a snap of my fingers, I took his gloved hand and headed back to the manor to prepare for the upcoming ball that was sure to be an event.

~~~

Elsewhere screams were heard as the ginger man collapsed in front of a similar figure the female once held. "Her victory will be mine. She will have no need for scum like you, you haven't yet seen first-hand the pleasure of the burning sincerity she brings to me, " The female who recalled the flames wrapped her arms around herself, "The look in her eyes. Oh my..! Rei, please, I am looking forward to our battle, for you to destroy me as you did..!" The circus leader fell limp, dead and the last thing he saw was the gleam in the light-haired female. 

"With the gift of a second chance, I can now experience the sublime emotion of her aggressiveness once more! [F/N][L/N] my love!"

"Don't you think she's a bit much sir..?" The assistant of the grey-haired man asked, 

"Nonsense, girl. This [F/N] has been an interest to me ever since I witnessed her violence first-hand, Xeninn has all the reason to be so excited, I may not be so sure about love though..." He grinned.