𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 30

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹0

[𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐  𝚘𝚏  𝚃𝚑𝚎  𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔  𝚘𝚏  𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛]

𝚅𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚎  𝚊𝚗𝚍  𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍  𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊

My training has gone by pretty quickly, In no time I was being promoted to a hashira. A top tier slayer. I at Mitsuri were getting promoted together, I was bubbling with joy as was she. We had our own small little celebration. We both had lots to eat and drink the night before our promotion. 

When I met Mitsuri, I was working at a restaurant as it was the only job I could find when I ran away. But Mitsuri came in one day and we chatted, then became good friends, I told her about my dilemma and she offered a new job as a slayer, the pay interested me along with such a unique career I couldn't help but agree. Though I didn't train with Mitsuri, I was moved to be trained by Sanemi. He was a little older than me but when I met him I didn't get a very nice introduction. His training was harsh, it was clear he has never trained everyone before. I have almost put off it, I couldn't comprehend wind breathing at all. It was all so confusing. During all the spare time I did have I spent reading novels and interested myself in hobbies such as cooking and arts, When Shinazugawa wasn't around when I was on break I carved patterns into rocks or paint dry leaves. I found a sense of calmness in it. The novels I absorbed myself in were mostly crime novels, I would find myself annotating them and giving my opinions on the situations in the book. It was alluring to see how the characters were written, the protagonist and the antagonist. Always interests me the subject of good and bad. Or in fictional novels how the protagonists show signs of virtue while the antagonist is the sinful one. I always get an odd feeling when the antagonist's story was shown. But every time I would ask another person for their opinion it always gets put off. 

Though one day I was sent to meditate a little before trying to unlock wind breathing. Shinazugawa has been oddly obsessed lately with wanting me to be his successor. The next day was a mission with a lower moon I was to assist Sanemi with. As a kinoe now, my skill is respectfully high, though one thing I am missing is a breathing style. Mitsuri had made her own breathing style and I was proud of her, really. But jealously bubbled inside of me as I feared I wouldn't be able to make my own style, hell even learn an already existing one. 

The day of the mission. I was really nervous about what was to come but stayed silent during the walk there. Shinazugawa clearly noticed but chose to stay silent...That was until we arrived.

He turned to me and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Listen, [F/N]. You go kill the low-level demons in the way alright? I know you can do it alone, I'll admit it now, You're already strong as you are, I can't imagine your strength when you get a breathing style, " He took a deep breath before I could speak back he gave me a kiss on the forehead before running towards the demon's location. I stood still, frozen in shock as I gently place my hand on the spot he kissed. My cheeks felt hot but I shook the feeling off before going toward the location of the demon. Just normal, weak, ordinary nothing special demons...right?.  It was fairly easy, demons targeting me, charging at me from left and right. Soon no more demons were attacking me, telling me that I have cleared the ones in the area out.

 I sensed no more nearby, making me let my guard down and turn to find a spot to rest and replenish my energy. Though when I turned around to sit on a random tree stump I saw before. I was bought to my horror when seeing who was sitting. I have been taught about the upper and lower moons. And here one was.

Uppermoon 1.

My breathing became uneven. Who knows the power this Demon holds. His eyes scared me as the only thing he did was stare at me. I gripped the handle of my blade, fear was bubbling inside of me. I wanted to run, but my legs weren't moving at all, as if I was frozen in place. I slowly pull out my blade. If I went up against him there's no chance I'm surviving unless he spares me. But I might as well do something rather than just stare.