𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19

I was walking over around the first-stringer's tents until I noticed a small argument,

I peeped my head over to find Joker walking away from a sad-looking beast. Not feeling the least bit of sympathy I walked behind her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She turned around.

'Oh!- Zero. . .' 'Beast, you seem quite down, are you alright? is there anything you may want me to do?' her eyes welled up with tears a little before she hugged me, letting out all her emotions, I sighed and led us to her tent,

we then sat down on her bed as she started to speak, we haven't even spoken two words to each other when I first came but now suddenly she's trusting me with secrets,

'Joker been distancing himself ever since Father's left us. . .' I patted her back, reassuring her and trying to act as if I'm not just here for information, 

'Father?'

'he's our patron and helped us develop artificial limbs, thus giving us new bodies.' she sniffled as her crying died down, But one thing I know is that there is no way she is telling me her father's name this easily. I switch to the next option, kindness, and manipulation.

I pulled her into my chest, patting her head and saying sweet words, 

'Joker shouldn't treat you in such a way, your such a sweet, beautiful woman. . .'

with those words, I felt her grip onto me. I continue, 'You know you can tell me anything, right? I would never judge you, nor leave you. . .'

those were the words that made her weak and break down, 'Father's name is. . .'

____

'Master,' I slowly tap Ciel's shoulder awake and place a hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

'I have great news, We can leave, I have gotten a carriage man to get us back to the townhouse.' I smile gently at him as he grunted a little trying to sit up, I help him sit up and help him to the carriage. I made sure he was alright before I went back and got Sebastian.

I found him walking out of his tent smiling as per usual,

'Sebastian, I have news. . .' I walk towards him and pull him over to an empty area, I acted like nothing had happened yesterday, but clearly, he has something on his mind, 

'My lady, what is it you need to tell me?' I nudge him as a sign to not call me that. I sigh then tell him, 

'We may now leave, Ciel, is in the carriage waiting to go back to the townhouse, I hope you haven't gotten attached to anything. . .that would be a shame'

He chuckles and nods as I led him to the carriage, he got in and asked what was I going to do. I told them to head off without me and that I would be at the townhouse before midnight,

they both nod as I walk back to the tents, a certain group of people was behind one of the tents grabbed my attention as I walk towards them.

Rengoku was first to notice, 'Ah! Ayaka-san!' he joyously exclaimed which made all the others that were with him turn towards me, I open my mouth to speak.

____

The cold air never failed to send shivers down the newcomer's spine. Maybe it wasn't just the cold air, it was the gloomy atmosphere, the air was thick and it was clear something was off, but what was it. 

Sanemi wanted his love back, it shattered his heart when he found out [F/N] wasn't the killer and he treated her so horribly, He can't bear the thought of her being with anyone else, 

after that night he would think. . .What if someone else has taken you. His heart clenched at the thought of seeing you in someone else's arms. He knew he had treated you badly but he won't admit it out loud, he never did.

____

Arriving at the townhouse Sebastian took Ciel to his room, Agni and Soma towed behind in worry for Ciel, I had gone outside for some fresh air after getting into a new change of clothes.

But I couldn't help but find myself down on the ground with my hands supporting my body in the dirt. I felt myself shaking, sitting down on the muddy ground properly digging my nails into the palm of my hand. What is going on? I felt hot tears streaming down my cheeks, my nose stung. My stomach grumbled.

Ah, yes.

I haven't eaten. Ever since I have actually arrived I had been starving myself, Human food gives nothing more than the taste. But my cravings for energy have never ceased. I'm in desperate need of anything. One thing that uppermoon Zero has as a need for her power, is more need for food. I have to eat more than the others, but I haven't eaten. Everything I see is a blur, I clutch my stomach in pain as senses begin to overwhelm me. . .I see I smell. Flesh. 

but. . .A little girl. 

I don't know how she had got here. . .but a child's figure stared at me,

'Miss? Are you alright?'

You smell divine,

'I'm. . . Fine, Now listen, be a good girl okay? go get me a pig's heart. Raw. . .I'll reward you. . .Alright?' I grunted, the girl's eyes lit up as I mentioned a reward. She ran out of the premises and now all I have to do is wait.

I leaned my weak frame onto a tree in the meantime, one hand clutching my stomach, the other covering my mouth, afraid to hurt anyone innocent. I had almost lashed out at the girl back there. But a pig's heart should last long enough for me to go scavenging for my own.

A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming from the right, I turned my head to see the little girl again, her blond pigtails wet by the damp weather. She slowly dropped the heart wrapped in cloth in my hands,

'Good girl, now turn around, then I'll give you the reward alright? do not turn around until I say so. . .'

I unwrap the cloth around the heart and start taking big bites out of it. Until it was finished. Wiping the excess blood with my sleeve I ask the girl to turn around again.

The girl seemed about nine or ten, her confused expression was visible in her blue eyes, I could tell she was a kind little girl. 

I dug around in my pockets and motioned her to put out her hands, I dropped a key in her hand, mouth dropped to the ground.

I then handed her a piece of paper with the address of a house she and her family. I could tell they were one of the commonwealths, but the girl had much to live for, and showing kindness to such as I am is seen as rare and barely an occurrence. She started to tear up and ran up to me with a hug, I was startled but gave her a nice pat on the back. She didn't say anything to me before nodding and running off with tears of joy, ready to tell her family the great news.

Kindness has its effects. One such as I am not supposed to open my mouth to such a topic. I may look like a monster. But I am sure not one.