𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21

My hands flew up to my mouth in horror. Sebastian and Grell were surprised and they watched.

'No- But I saw. . .She was fine yesterday!' I gripped onto Grell's coat, her teary eyes made me also break down in tears as we cried in each other's arms.

Sebastian looked sorrowfully at us and got up, 'stay here, I will get you both some refreshments,' He bowed and left the room.

I sniffed and rubbed my tears with my sleeve before pulling away from Grell and wiping her tears with my thumb, trying to give her a reassuring smile but failing horribly.

I stared at Grell with my hands resting on both her cheeks. . .her face shape and her personality started to remind me of people, the way she looked right now, a worried expression reminded me of- Mitsuri.

I pulled my hands away and held them in my chest, facing away from Grell. I don't feel like what I'm supposed to be. . .A uppermoon. I feel human.

'Dear, what's wrong?' Grell placed a hand on my leg and I looked at her.

'Grell, does your reaper book only schedule the deaths in the present day or-?'

She rose a brow at my question. 'Well most of them would be for that very day but I guess there are also some that can go up to a few days- why?'

'Are there any unusual names- well. . .Japanese?' She looked surprised before pulling  out her little book,

'I have seen something a day ago when flicking through them, let me see. . .'

While she was flicking through the pages the door opened and Sebastian stepped back in with a silver tray, on it were delicacies and beverages. He sets it down on a small desk in the room. 

'There it is, ahem' Grell clears her throat as Sebastian shoots her a confused glare ' Muichiro Tokito, cause of death is- oh. . .' She looked shocked reading his cause of death while I was shocked that he was even going to die in general.

'What is it. . ?' I enquire. Sebastian also seemed to be interested in the information, 'cause of death is. . . murder, by Uppermoon 1. Whatever that is. . .' My eyes went wide, I calmed myself quite quickly,

'Is there. . .any more?' I ask her, not trying to act nosey.

'Well there's one more for me, but I can always ask a few colleagues if you're interested? She perked up, I send her a kind smile, before nodding.

'Another here is Kocho Shinobu, cause of death, murder by uppermoon 2. Say, do you know what are these 'Uppermoons'?' She asked and Sebastian also turned to me in confusion, I wouldn't blame them at all. But what do I say to that?!

'well. . .' '-Didn't you tell me before [F/N]? is it alright if you tell her? Grell is a reaper so I'm sure they should know about this'

Sebastian seems to be acting quite logical today, if he was acting as usual he wouldn't let me say a thing to any reaper. 

'Well, Grell.' I explained what I did to Sebastian, Demon slayers, Demons. She seemed to grasp the concept and thanked me and Sebastian before leaving. . .Not without blowing a kiss to me and Sebastian of course.

typical Grell.

________

'Zenitsu, are you alright?' I ask him, he seemed to be quite shaken up since we arrived here.

'Tanjiro. . .there's something going on with this place.' 'What do you mean?

He grabbed onto my shoulders tightly and looked at me with fear-filled eyes,

'Haven't you noticed, demons are everywhere around this place!' Zenitsu whisper-yelled to him. Tanjiro was frozen still until he took a deep breath through his nose. His eyes widen in pure shock as a figure came dashing towards the back of Zenitsu, Tanjiro pulled him away quickly before it could hurt him.

'pesky humans. Always sticking your noses into others business' The figure lifted its head up to stare into Tanjiro's eyes.

The boy's breath was caught in his throat. 

'But. . .I saw you. . .You died!- you're supposed to be with your parents-' 'Don't you dare speak about them!' Rui got his webs ready in a position to protect himself against any oncoming attacks.

'Rui. . .You would be so much happier if-' 'I'm happy where I am. There's someone to care for me, to love me.'

Tanjiro tried talking while Zenitsu shakes in the corner, 'Muzan doesn't! he's only using you all!' 

'I'm not talking about Master, so don't you dare speak his name. I have someone else to care for me, she loves me for who I am. Now you don't interrupt our business. And we won't interrupt yours.' He lowers his hands and jumps back into the woods, Tanjiro stood there for about 5 minutes until sure Rui was far enough.

A few steps were heard behind them. 

'Young Kamado!' It was Kyojuro. He looks at Tanjiro's sweat dripping face then at Zenitsu's fear-stricken one.

'Are you alright? It looks like you have seen a demon! haha!' Kyojuro laughs loudly and Tanjiro joins in, Zenitsu was confused until he realised.

'Ah, it's nothing Rengoku, just worried for my sister, Nezuko,' Tanjiro scratched the back of his head and nudges Zenitsu.

'I get it, you are very far after all. But don't worry. Not only will you get to see your sister but you shall be going back with a prize!' Rengoku exclaims, hands on his hips.

'A prize?' Zenitsu questions, 

'[F/N] of course!' the boy's eyes widened, of course, it was her, guilt grew in them a little since they almost forgot the goal here in the first place.

They all agreed to walk back to their tents until Giyuu interrupted them.

The three all look at him in surprise, he speaks.

'Ah good. . .most of you are here, might as well say it.' Giyuu said looking at the ground.

'huh? what is it?' Tanjiro showed his confusion with a puzzled expression.

'Ayaka. . .doesn't she looks. . .similar? a little like [F/N]. . .no exactly like [F/N] her hair colour, eye colour.' An image of the girl appears in their heads, trying to match it all up.

and to their surprise, Giyuu was right. but they were supposed to be happy. why are they so- guilty? is it because of the reason she left? If she remembered them why wouldn't she want to talk with them?

'Oi, you all!' Joker came out from behind the tents, 'Haha! nice to see you all in a group! but y'know Smile, Black, Colour and Zero?'

Tanjiro nodded.

'Y'know where they're at? they all went missing all of a sudden, no trace left'