Carnival

The scyphozoa got closer and closer to Aelita. This time she was alone on lyoko, and no one could help her. She tried to run but the blocks kept firing at her to prevent her from doing so.

Aelita tried to attack the scyphozoa but it was too late. As she was elevated in the air the forest around her grew darker.

When she woke up, she did not know how long had passed, but she could see her father at the mercy of the army of blocks attacking him.

AELITA - Dad, no !

But it was too late. The while sphere disappeared in a flash. It was over.

Aeltia screamed in her bad.

AELITA - A nightmare... It was only a nightmare.

She was used to it, and knew Sissi was on her way to tell her off again.

AELITA - 4 am, I better start getting to the shower, it will clear my mind, I doubt I'll get more sleep today anyways.

A few hours later at the cafeteria:

ODD - Are you alright princess ? You look even more exhausted than Einstein.

Odd did have a point, Jeremy had spent the night working, again, and did not seem to have slept much.

AELITA - Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just my nightmares.

YUMI - They are back ? I'm sorry for you Aelita, is there anything we could do to help you ?

AELITA - Thanks Yumi, but I doubt there is much to be done.

ODD - I have an idea. You know that Kadic is organising a carnival next week right ? It could cheer Aelita up !

JEREMY - I don't know that's a good idea Odd. Plus we kind of need to stay ready if XANA decides to attack.

AELITA - I don't really remember all of my childhood, can someone explain what a carnival is ?

JEREMY - It's a kind of party where you wear all sorts of costumes for the day. There are also people playing music and dancing most of the time.

AELITA - I never heard of such a thing ? Maybe we didn't do those when I was little ?

ODD - You never went to a carnival ? You've got to do it now then !

AELITA - I'm not sure how it can help, but I guess we can always try ?

JEREMY - OK, but please, pick costumes with ways to carry your cellphones, and which do not hinder your movement too much, OK ?

Everyone agreed to the request.

ULRICH - We should get going, Ms Hertz doesn't like it when people are late.

A few hours, as the classes were finally over, Jeremy went back to his room, he still had more work to do. Suddenly, he heard someone knock on his door.

JEREMY - Come in.

AELITA - Hello Jeremy.

JEREMY - Aelita, glad to see you. Did you need me for something ?

AELITA - Actually, yes, kind of. I still don't know much about that carnival thing, I was wondering if you could help me ?

Jeremy was a bit sad to hear such shallow request from his friend, but at the same time he did not want to make her feel bad about it, and he would be lying if he did not look forward to it as well.

JEREMY - I don't know what help I can be, you just have to pick a costume.

AELITA - Actually, I was wondering if we would be able to get matching ones.

The two friends' faces turned red for a bit.

JEREMY - Sounds great Aelita, do you want to look at the possibilities together ?

AELITA - That would be great. Let's do this.

A few meters to the right, in an other room, Ulrich and Odd were thinking about what they would be wearing as well.

ULRICH - Odd, since this is your idea, you wouldn't happen to have a costume idea ?

ODD - I don't know ? What do you want ?

ULRICH - I would like to be make Yumi happy about what I wear. But I worry a yukata would be too much.

ODD - Go for it, whatever wrong could happen anyway ?

ULRICH - Yeah, you're right, I'll get one tomorrow. What about you, what are you going to wear ?

ODD - That is a surprise.

The carnival was only in a few days, and the friends did not want to spoil the surprise to each other.

When the day of the carnival was there, all of the friends grouped next to the cafeteria.

Aelita was wearing a princess outfit, with a large pink dress, although she did not put the blonde wig on as she did not feel comfortable with it. She was wearing pink eyeshadow and looked adorable.

Next to her was Jeremy, in a blue prince outfit. He seemed really happy about the matching costume with Aelita.

Ulrich was wearing a yukata as expected, and was anticipating Yumi's reactions.

When Yumi came with William, they were both wearing lab coats. Turns out they were not really interested in the carnival and were only doing it for Odd and Aelita, so they went with a very simple outfit.

YUMI - Ulrich, is that a yukata ? You know this is not a costume, right ? People actually wear that, I did not think you would be the type to mock other people's cultures like that...

ULRICH - You got it all wrong Yumi, I did not mean to mock anyone, I'm sorry.

YUMI - Never mind that, let's just all have a good time, especially for Odd and Aelita. Talking about Odd, where is he ?

ODD - I'm here.

Odd came to them in a dancer costume. He did not seem overjoyed.

AELITA - What is that costume Odd ?

ODD - At least it's making you laugh... Jim coerced me into wearing his Paco, the disco king outfit.

The six friends still enjoyed their day, even though Odd and Ulrich were a bit sad about their costumes, it still turned out to be a memorable time.