Change

As summer vacations ended, Ulrich, Odd ans Yumi met back up with Aelita and Jeremy.

YUMI - So you stayed around ? What did you do ?

JEREMY - Nothing in particular, we worked a bit on the skid. Also Aelita wanted to make a surprise for you, but I won't say any more.

AELITA - Maybe we could show them ?

JEREMY - As you wish.

The three friends were a bit confused. Aelita and Jeremy started leading them to the factory.

YUMI - Are you taking us to the factory ?

AELITA - Yes, I want to show you something on lyoko.

ODD - A surprise on lyoko ? Did jeremy finally add a point counter to our weapons ?

ULRICH - Don't be stupid, Odd.

JEREMY - Anyway, you should be able to see soon.

As the five friends reached the factory, Jeremy sat on his chair and commanded :

JEREMY - Go to the scanners, I'll virtualise you to the forest sector.

ULRICH - Just like that, there is no mission ?

ODD - Let's just have a bit of fun, why mush you always be so serious ?

AELITA - Yes don't worry, we improved the system, you will be able to be virtualised again without issues if XANA attacks right after we leave, as long as we kindly ask Jeremy to materialise us properly.

YUMI - Oh, good job, that's pretty neat.

JEREMY - But that's not what we wanted to show you, go to the scanners. I'm transferring you one by one to help with the surprise effect. Who wants to go first ?

ODD - I'm ready, Jeremy.

YUMI - Why am I not surprised ?

JEREMY - Very well. Transfer Odd. Scanner Odd. Virtualisation.

A few instants later, the cat boy landed in the forest sector. That's when he noticed something.

His usual tail was no longer just purple, but there were a few small lines of yellow fur running through it. The kiwi logo on his shirt now merged with the rest of it, and he finally had a fifth finger to its paws. Finally, he could see his costume looked a lot more like actual fur, and yellow lines were running through it.

ODD - Whoa, it looks so cool. Thanks Jeremy.

JEREMY - Thank Aelita instead. She is the one who came up with the idea and implemented it. She wanted to make you all happy, I'm sure she will be glad you enjoyed it.

ULRICH - Looks cool, can I go next.

YUMI - Go ahead.

JEREMY - Very well. Transfer Ulrich. Scanner Ulrich. Virtualisation.

It was Ulrich's turn to appear on the forest sector, next to Odd.

Ulrich wore his usual attire, except for his bandana, which color was slightly altered to be able to see the symbol on it. The main thing that was altered was his swords.

As Ulrich took one of his sword in hands, a yellow aura started glowing around the sword.

JEREMY - Try using it.

As Jeremy told him, Ulrich tried to use his sword, when he saw a yellow trail following it.

ULRICH - That's really cool. Thanks Aelita.

AELITA - Your turn Yumi ?

YUMI - Let's see what you have prepared me.

JEREMY - Very well. Transfer Yumi. Scanner Yumi. Virtualisation.

As Yumi virtualised next to her friends, she did not notice much change. She was still wearing her usual outfit, except for the obi that was added, reminding of her previous outfit.

ULRICH - Whoa, that's insane.

YUMI - What is it ?

Yumi's makeup was just astonishing. Her face was very white, but between the blush effect on her cheeks, and the work on her eyes, which used a long line of black eye liner and a subtle combination of black and green shades, she looked amazing.

YUMI - Why can't I even see it ?

JEREMY - You should be able to. Open one of your fans.

Yumi obliged, to see that her fans looked like mirrors.

JEREMY - I hope you like it, Aelita spent hours making it work.

YUMI - That's beautiful.

JEREMY - The best part is, if you throw it it should mimic its environment colors, making it potentially harder to avoid for your foes.

YUMI - That's insane. Thanks Aelita.

JEREMY - You'll be thanking her in a few seconds. Transfer Aelita. Scanner Aelita. Virtualisation.

Aelita did not customise herself. However, Jeremy agreed to make a few changes for her to see.

When she was virtualised alongside her friends, they could notice her outfit used a few more shades of pink, especially a lot of less saturated, very pastel tones. Her skirt was also a lot longer, reaching below her knees. Her wristband was no longer in the shape of a star, but of the symbol of lyoko, the one that had been used by XANA.

Her makeup was a bit more subtle as well, the two pink bands below her eyes were still here, but she was wearing a bit of pink eyeshadow as well. Her earring was also replicated so that she actually wears one in both ears.

JEREMY - Do you like it ?

AELITA - I love it.

JEREMY - Try using your wings.

Aelita obliged, and a pair of magnificent pink wings appeared.

JEREMY - I had a bit more time to work on those. Do you like them ?

AELITA - I love them.

The two wings were a lot larger than they used to, and they were also a lot more dense. It almost looked like actual feathers, except for the translucent part.

After a few compliments on each other's looks, Jeremy brought everyone back, and they all went enjoy a cup of hot cocoa. Tomorrow, classes start over.