Family

Today was not just an other Sunday. At least not for Aelita. She had seen first hand how it went about a month ago with mother's day, and she did not want to go through that again.

Jeremy knew, so he got up early and called his dad, so he could offer the girl to spend the day with him, far away from everyone. He knew Aelita would like the offer.

However, as Jeremy knocked on her door, he could not hear any answer.

JEREMY - Aelita ? Are you asleep ?

Jeremy knew it was not her kind to sleep that late, it was already 11am. He also knew she probably wasn't going out of her room today. He waited for a bit just in case she had gone to the toilet, then started to worry. What if XANA had attacked ?

Jeremy quickly checked the superscan, no attack. That was a relief, but where was Aelita ?

Then, Jeremy say a little icon on his desktop lighting up. Incoming message. From Aelita too.

AELITA - Hello Jeremy. Just in case you are looking for me, I didn't feel too great staying at Kadic, I'll be back for the diner tonight, don't worry for me. If you need to see me for something, I am at the hermitage, I needed some time... away from all of this.

Jeremy understood. He did not want to leave his friend alone, so he picked his bag, took a little game with him, and his computer (in case XANA attacks, or if there was a bit of work to be done), sandwiches (he made them the day before) and went to meet Aelita at the hermitage.

After a short walk, Jeremy arrives at the hermitage and goes to Aelita's room. She was sitting in her bed, hugging Mr Puck.

JEREMY - Hello. Are you alright ?

AELITA - Is there a problem Jeremy ?

JEREMY - Not really. I thought you might be hungry ?

AELITA - Oh, thanks. I didn't really plan to go away, but I didn't want to run into Sissi, so I thought here would be better than at school. Didn't have time to pack some food though, so thanks.

JEREMY - Don't worry Aelita, I understand. I brought a game if you want, otherwise I'll just keep working on the skid. It's stable enough that it doesn't NEED updates, but it's always better to have them, right ?

Aelita laughed.

AELITA - Let's eat, then see what we do.

However, they did not have time to eat, as Jeremy's computer started making an all too familiar noise.

AELITA - Perfect... Let's go to the factory I guess.

JEREMY - I call Ulrich and Odd, you call Yumi, alright ?

At Kadic, however, XANA took control of an army of students and blocked all paths. Ulrich and Odd were hiding from the ones that were definitely looking for them.

ODD - And what can we do when they find us ?

ULRICH - We just talked to Jeremy, they are going to deactivate the tower. Let's just hide for now.

The two boys decided to hide in the attic for now.

After Yumi joined her two friends at the factory, Aelita and her were quickly virtualised on the ice sector.

JEREMY - The tower should be nearby. Can you see it ?

AELITA - We can see it fine, Jeremy. But we aren't alone.

Indeed, a few mantas and William were defending the tower.

JEREMY - I can see that. Can't do much from my end except sending you vehicles.

YUMI - Well. Can't really find an other way.

AELITA - Yumi, wait. Do you really think we can win this ?

YUMI - It's probably going to be hard, but do you have a better idea ?

AELITA - I might have.A few instants later, two of the three mantas explode in a burst of pixels as Yumi's fans go through them.

YUMI - I hope you did not miss me too much William.

William groaned, then super smoked to her. Yumi avoided the blade swiftly and caught her fans on their way back.

While Yumi and William were fighting, Aelita was flying under the territory. She reappeared next to the tower. Unfortunately, XANA foresaw the possibility, as one last manta was still guarding the tower.

AELITA - You really thought that was gonna stop me ? I needed to unwind.

In the meantime Odd and Ulrich were discovered, and Jim and Delmas started shocking them.

The poor manta got deleted in a few instants, and Aelita was in the tower.

YUMI - Ugh, she was faster than I expected.

AELITA - Tower deactivated.

The tow boys fell on the floor.

ULRICH - We're fine, they deactivated the tower.

ODD - I'll call Jeremy and order a return to the past.

The five friends decided to spend the day at the hermitage. They all dealt with their parents on the morning, and spent the day with Aelita.