Alone

Ulrich threw his bag in the middle of the room and let himself fall on his bed.

ODD - Are you alright dude ?

ULRICH - I'd rather not talk about it.

ODD - You fought with Yumi again ? I'm sorry about it.

ULRICH - That's not it.

ODD - OK, OK, if you won't talk to me, I have a date with Emilie, so I'll be on my way.

ULRICH - Great.

The truth is, Ulrich DID get into a fight with Yumi. And he DID feel very alone right now.

ULRICH - OK, can't allow myself to get in such a mood, let's try to do something. Jeremy will probably want to stay with his computers, but Aelita will surely like to come and do something right ?

ULRICH - Hey, Aelita, how are you ?

AELITA - Fine thanks, what about you ?

ULRICH - I'm fine. Would you wanna come and do something ?

AELITA - Sorry, we're working on the skid, you know how it got damaged with the last attack. We need to get it back to functional as soon as possible. I hope it will be done by tonight if you want we might be able to find some time afterwards.

ULRICH - OK, never mind, good luck then.

The truth is, Ulrich was feeling very alone right now.

ULRICH - I guess I'll give my parents a call. Don't know how it ends well, but at least it will be done.

ULRICH'SMOM - Hello darling, how are you ?

Ulrich was happy to have his mother and not his father on the call.

ULRICH - I'm fine. What about you ? How are things going ?

ULRICH'SMOM - It's going fine I'd say. Even your father calmed down, you know he was not very happy when he received your marks.

ULRICH - Yeah, I know. I guessed anyways.

ULRICH'SMOM - But don't worry, it should be better now. (To Ulrich's dad) Walter ? You wanna talk to him ? Go ahead.

ULRICH'SDAD - Hello Ulrich.

ULRICH - Hello. How are you ?

ULRICH'SDAD - I'm fine. What about you ? And your grades ? I take it there are god news on their ways ?

ULRICH - I'm doing fine. Thanks to my friends' help I've got my grades up enough so that I probably won't have to worry about finals.

ULRICH'SDAD - And that's the extent of your ambition ? Do you know how much we pay for your education ?

ULRICH - Yes, this is a public school, and the rest is pretty much covered by the scholarship, so I'd say it probably costs you about 100 euros a month ?

ULRICH'SDAD - That's not the point.

ULRICH - Then why do you ask ? I'm getting good enough grades, why do you always have to want more ?

ULRICH'SDAD - Because when I was your age my ambitions were not to survive finals, but to ace them. You need to think about your future.

ULRICH - And how could you know ? We're not all gifted like that.

Ulrich hang the phone. He needed to get out get some fresh air. Not even his family could be a good support right now. He hated it. He felt alone.

A few minutes later, he was walking next to the forest, when Sissi passed by.

SISSI - Hello Ulrich. Are you alright ?

ULRICH - Not really, but I really don't need you right now.

SISSI - Don't be so mean my Ulrich. I was wondering, would you come to the cinema with me ? I kind of don't have anything to do.

Ulrich thought about it. He did not have anything better to do, so why not. He accepted and the two of them sat in the projection room, waiting for a documentary about martial arts. Ulrich was surprised Sissi agreed to watching it, but he was glad he accepted to come. Sissi could be kind sometimes.

Unfortunately, instead of the documentary, the screen displayed weird symbols, and Ulrich's mind started going black. He turned his eyes away, and ran away with Sissi. Everyone was hypnotised.

At the same time, Yumi and Odd were at the factory with Aelita and Jeremy. XANA had activated a tower, but they could not reach Ulrich. Assuming he was in danger, they all gathered at the factory and were ready for the virtualisation process.

JEREMY - The tower is on the mountain sector. I'm sending you right now.

After a few instants, the three friends were standing on a purple platform.

JEREMY - I'm sending you your vehicles. The tower is to your south, you should be able to see it.

AELITA - Perfect Jeremy, we're on our way.

Due to Jeremy and Aelita working on the skid, the attack was detected a lot earlier than usual, so XANA did not have time to send monsters. Only William was standing between them and the tower.

ODD - Always ruining the fun.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Ulrich was stuck. The projection room was locked, and everyone started getting up. He could save Sissi from the screen, but there were still quite a few people that XANA got, and things were starting to be messy.

On lyoko, Aelita kept the overwing while Yumi and Odd would fight William. Ulrich could be in danger, they had no time to lose.

William noticed Aelita getting away, so he tried to attack her, but one of Yumi's fans got him in the back. The way was clear.

A few instants later, the tower was deactivated, and everyone was safe. Ulrich finally had the time to switch his phone back on, and tell his friend that a return to the past would be required after what Sissi saw.

A few instants later a white bubble grew from the factory

ODD - So you went to the cinema too ?

ULRICH - Yeah, but it looks like it was a bit later then your session. How did yours go ?

ODD - Pretty well, and I'm going to live it an other time now.

ULRICH - Good luck.

ODD - Thanks. What about you, will you be alright ?

ULRICH - Yeah, we're going to the cinema with Sissi.

ODD - With Sissi ? Are you sure XANA did not get you on the head ?

ULRICH - She deserves it. After all the times we used her, we can be kind to her at least once in a while ?

ODD - I guess you have a point.

Codejuly 2021On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara