Song

Inside the hermitage a young girl with pink hair is listening to an old man with grey glasses playing piano. The melody is not something usual, but it is enchanting.

Suddenly, a loud noise rings around, covering the gentle melody, until it disappears, and the hermitage starts fading away.

AELITA - Five more minutes, please.

No can do, she can't remember the melody. The alarm clock starts ringing again.

AELITA - Alright, I'm getting up.

A few minutes later, she is sitting at a table taking her breakfast with her friends.

However, Aelita can't take her thoughts off this melody. The whole day goes through, but she still can't stop thinking about it.

AELITA - OK, classes are finally over. If someone is looking for me I'll be at the hermitage.

JEREMY - What is it Aelita ? You seemed off today, and now you want to go there ? What happened ?

AELITA - Nothing, it's just, I think there is something there that I might need to pick up. I'll be back for dinner.

Jeremy did not try to insist. He knew his friend would be fine, besides he needed to keep working on his program. He needed to be able to stop XANA from taking control of the towers. Otherwise, their William could become dangerous, again.

As Aelita finally reached the hermitage, she entered the old house. It was still a mess. And she did not know where to look. To be honest she did not even know what she was looking for. She instinctively went to the piano, and tried to play the bit she could remember about the melody. She was not comfortable with the piano, but could at least press the keys.

That is when she noticed the partition. She could not tell when she learnt how to read partitions, but she clearly could. And that partition was exactly the melody she heard in her dream. Almost exactly at least. The melody in her dreams was beautiful. This one sounded bad. But they were incredibly similar.

AELITA - I'll try to load that into my computer, I'm sure I can modify it to make it as I heard in my dreams. There doesn't seem to be too many things to change.

However, a lot of time had passed, and she needed to be at Kadic soon for dinner. Otherwise, her friends would worry. She decided to go back.

As she was dining with Jeremy Ulrich and Odd, she told them about her dream and her discovery.

JEREMY - And you think you can make it like in your dream ? But I thought you didn't remember exactly how it were.

AELITA - Yes, but this gives the same feeling, so I think if I just make it more melodious it should be alright. And I know how to do that, though it will take me a bit of time.

As the friends finished their dinners, Aelita went to her room and started working on it. A few hours later, she heard someone knock on the door.

AELITA - Yes ? Come in.

Jeremy came in, and started to look at the girl's work.

JEREMY - How's it going ? I quickly came to take a look before we need to be in our rooms.

AELITA - It sounds good. I still need a few adjustments, but it should be done by tomorrow I think.

That's when Jeremy noticed something.

JEREMY - Aelita, would you mind if I tried something ?

AELITA - I didn't know you knew about music.

JEREMY - I don't, but I don't think this is just music. Let me try.

Jeremy moved a few notes around.

AELITA - Hey, that sounds great. How did you do that ?

JEREMY - This is not a music sheet Aelita. This is a program. You need to do a few modifications, and you end up with Hoppix, the code Hopper used to program lyoko.

AELITA - Hey, you're right.

JEREMY - I just fixed the syntax. Can you send it to me please ? I wanna figure out what this does.

AELITA - Yep, sending you a copy.

Hopper hiding code inside of a partition. And he trusted her to fix it too. What could this partition hold ?

A few hours later, a window popped up on Aelita's screen. It was Jeremy.

JEREMY - Aelita. I figured out what this does. This allows setting up security for the towers. With that I will be able to prevent XANA from taking control of our towers, but even better, we might be able to make everyone able to deactivate towers. I'll need more time to make it work though.

AELITA - That's great. I'm finally done, and it respects the Hoppix syntax perfectly too. I'm sending you the finalised version, we'll try it tomorrow at the factory. Is that alright with you ?

JEREMY - I'd like to study it a bit more tonight.

AELITA - You know it's pointless. Hoppix is a bit too low level for us. We can get the general concepts, but we won't be able to get much more that what you got. We'll need the supercomputer to know more, just get some sleep.

JEREMY - Yes, you're right Aelita. See you tomorrow.

On the next morning, instead of a frustrating ring, Aelita's alarm woke her up with a brand new sound, one she made during the night and one her father left her.