Video games

ULRICH - Do you have to make that much noise Odd ? We have an exam tomorrow ?

ODD - I can't make any less noise. And I need to beat Giffany, the new boss of the new mortal fighting 3. The fastest 100 to beat her will get a chance to meet the game's designer. Can you believe it ? I can't lose that opportunity. There are only 13 spots left.

A few seconds later, Jeremy hears someone knocking on his door.

JEREMY - Ulrich ? What are you doing here ?

ULRICH - You remember last time you offered me to sleep here because of Odd's noise ? May I actually do it ?

AELITA - It's true we have a test tomorrow. We'll keep on working on the skid after the test, we should be going to bed.

Aelita was next to Jeremy's computer, visibly working alongside him.

JEREMY - Yes, you're right. OK Ulrich, let's all go to sleep, and you can sleep in my room.

After a few minutes, everyone was asleep, except for Odd, still trying to beat the last boss.

The next day :

ULRICH - Odd, are you alright ? You look tired. Did you get any sleep at all ?

ODD - Yeah, I slept about 3 hours.

ULRICH - I hope you at least beat your boss.

ODD - Don't tell me about it, I came so close, and there are only 7 spots left now.

AELITA - You look ready for the exam.

ODD - You bet I'm ready, I'm know all about electricity.

JEREMY - Except that's physics, and the test is about math.

ODD - Anyways, let's go or we're going to be late.

After the math exam, Jeremy and Aelita (who finished early) met up in Jeremy's room to keep working on the skid, when a window popped up.

JEREMY - We're not getting a break, are we ?

AELITA - I'll contact everyone, let's go to the factory.

Odd and Ulrich finally got out of class after the exam was over. They did not get to get out early like Herve, Jeremy and Aelita. That's when they saw Aelita's text.

ULRICH - XANA again ? Let's go.

As the two boys were running to the factory, they met up with a friend.

ODD - Giffany ? What the heck ?

The boss Odd was trying to beat was here. With XANA's symbol in the eyes.

ULRICH - Let's run.

ODD - No, it's going to get us if we just run. Trust me, I know the patterns. Just go to the factory I'll deal with it.

ULRICH - I hope you know what you are doing.

Ulrich started running, and met up Yumi on the way. He told her about the attack, and Odd, and they arrived to the factory.

JEREMY - Good, you're here. Aelita is waiting for you on lyoko, hurry to the scanners.

ULRICH - Roger Einstein.

A few instants later, the two teenagers met back with Aelita on the desert sector.

AELITA - I almost had to wait. Anyways, the tower is over there, guarded by a few blocks.

JEREMY - And three crabs too.

In the meantime, Odd was fighting the boss, except this time he did not have the right to lose. Luckily he knew the patterns. And XANA respected the patterns. He just needed to not screw up like all these times. But he knew he could do it.

On lyoko, Yumi and Ulrich successfully cleared the way from the blocks, while Aelita dealt with the crabs and a few blocks left by the two teenagers.

AELITA - I'm in the tower, it should be deactivated soon.

JEREMY - Great. I hope Odd is doing fine.

Odd, was surprisingly doing very good. He did not get hit a single time, and was even able to retaliate. He actually beat the boss. Its eyes' light disappeared. Odd had won.

Then its eyes switched back on. But this time, her eyes were completely black, with a red XANA's symbol on them. This one was not accounted for by the Odd, and he was hit by a lighting bolt.

Then XANA caught the boy by the neck, and started to electrify him.

In the meantime, Aelita had reached the second platform, and was starting to put her hand on the terminal.

AELITA - Tower deactivated.

JEREMY - Still no news from Odd, I'm going to assume it's not going well, and use a return to the past.

A few instants later, they all met up at the cafeteria, they had a math test in a few minutes.

ULRICH - So, about that boss ?

ODD - Too easy. I almost forgot to beat her on the console as well.

AELITA - And about the math test ?

ODD - I can't be skilled at both math and fighting XANA.