5

Amity's pov:

I walk into the house and see her mom.

"Hey can I ask you a question?" I said getting her attention.

"Sure, what's up?" She sits down on the couch and pats next to her. I sit down and take a breath in.

"(Y/n)'s ears move when she's sad, I know that for a fact, cause they move when she's talking about her dad. What other emotions do they move for?" She looks puzzled.

"Well, they move when she's embarrassed. Like when I tease her about you." She smirks at me.

"What do you mean by that?"

"She thinks your beautiful and smart, her words not mine." I blush at her moms words. "So here's something about my daughter you wouldn't believe if she told you. Her ears don't always move by themselves, sometimes she moves them, to show what she's feeling, because sometimes she doesn't want to talk about it or doesn't know how to tell someone. So sometimes when her ears are down, just give her a hug." I nod my head.

"Anything else you want to know?" She asked me.

"Her dad. I saw him died, my parents forced us to watch it, as a learning experience, did she watch it happen?"

"Sadly yes she did. I didn't course, I was at home, in the human world. I hate that she saw that. I can't even begin to imagine how she feels. And I'm only making it worse. I know she doesn't like me. The only people I've ever seen her be actually happy with is her younger siblings, her dad and now you. So keep making her happy for me." She stands up and I nod, she's happy around me. I smile and blush.

"I think I might like her," I say out loud on accident.

"Oh really? Should I start calling you daughter?" She smirks at me.

"What?! No!" I quickly get up and walk to (y/n)'s room.

"Shes happy with her siblings, so why don't they just come here?" I start thinking out loud.

"They're human." I look over at her balcony seeing her there.

"What are you doing home?"

"Home? This isn't home. Home is my dad, home is somewhere your happy at, I'm not happy here." She says, avoiding my question. She holds up her hand.

"My Manger kinda fired me... for 3 months, it was worth it though, I used my magic against a guest. Then punched Boscha for what she did to you." I walk over to her and hold her hand in mine looking at it.

"Were you bleeding? Why did you do that?" She sighs.

"She hurt you. Your my friend." I hug her, even though I'm doing better I don't want to go home. I like being around her. "Please don't do anything like that again, for me?" I feel her hug me back.

"Okay."

~a week later~

(Y/n)'s pov:

Amity has been gone for 5 days now, I haven't seen her since, I miss her so much. I hear a knock at my door, then I hear it open. I pull my knees up to my chest and put my head down.

"Mom I don't want you to be around me right now, I'm busy missing Amity." I say without even looking up from my arms.

"I'm happy to know that you missed me." I jump and fall off my bed from hearing Amity's voice. "Are you okay?" She asked me and helped me up.

"Amity I didn't know you where here. Why are you here?" I asked her.

"You haven't been at school the past two days, so I brought you your work and to check on you." I sit on my bed and she sits next to me.