cinquième

VERA

    The temperature was hotter than usual for mid October so for school I simply decided to wear baggy jean shorts and my old black tank with a white guess logo.

   It was finally Friday so that meant daddy was picking me up for seattle tonight

   It was finally Friday so that meant daddy was picking me up for seattle tonight. He and my mother thought it was best had decided for me to go over there every other weekend.

I'd alternate between my bike, the cheese bus, and a lift from my friend Essence depending on the time I woke up. She had this cool ass bikini blue jeep wrangler. For my 17th the original plan was to get me a car but since college was around the corner I just decided to wait till then.

I was feeling good and energetic this morning so bike it is. My bike was a matte olive with a brown seat, wheels, and handles. Green had to be my favorite of all colors.

I could never eat breakfast on school days, it's like I lose my whole appetite out of nervousness even though there's nothing to be nervous about since I've been around these same kids for years. Willow Peak High School held about twelve hundred kids. I never had a problem or a dislike for kids but the idea of managing twelve hundred of them does not sound good at all.

     As far as I knew, Our school has always been integrated with non supernatural humans and witches/warlocks. There were other schools like this across the country as well as schools strictly for regular humans and vice versa. 

                       ________________

    Willow peak, at least for me wasn't accessible by foot in the slightest. I had to cross this highway like road for about two miles. Crossing over to the student parking lot in the west entrance, I was lucky enough to get the last empty spot in the bike rack. After locking the bike up, I pulled the legs of my shorts to straighten them.

The building was made up from a brick and glass
outerior, three floors, and two gyms on both ends.

Luckily I had homeroom on the first floor in room 106 with Essence. Our teacher was Mr. Moore, he was also the director of the school newspaper which I'm the photographer for. We reported on things such as sport games, drama shows, art, and other WPHS related things.

I spot Essence sitting at the fourth table near the window. The faint smell of pencil shavings, and the hum of the AC are the first things to hit me.

Essence notices and waves as I pull up a seat next to her.

"VER it's felt like I haven't seen you in an eternity where you been?" she questions.