Corey

COREY POV

I checked my watch and realized I'd been laying with Vera for almost three hours. She fell asleep around a while back and I wanted to keep her company. I couldn't bring myself to tell her that if I marked her before leaving it'd feel and be her own personal hell for the first few days after and I wanted to be there. Not only that but it could possibly change her course of decision.

I'd spend hours more here but Buffy called saying he possibly found an idea as to who and what those animals wanted with her. It's what I've been trying to figure out for the past day. We've checked if there were any others who came along with them but their tracks hit a dead end.

Also went through my fathers list of enemy's...long but useless list considering the fact that they're all dead. So revenge by screwing with his son? little do they know he couldn't care less.

I've ordered pack members to follow her around every second of the day and camp outside her house but I still felt uneasy. The first thing I've wanted to do since we met was keep her safe yet it feels like I've been accomplishing the exact opposite.

"What do you got for me?" I answer his second ring.

"I found one live and creeping around here should I do the honors or you?" Buffy taunts

"I'm coming"
________________________________

I head straight to the shed behind the pack house to see Charlie standing outside examining his hands.

"Don't go soft on him I think the bitch sprained my wrist" He complained but I was too focused to focused on our guy to say anything. I open the door to see a man chained up in the corner and Buffy reading some paper.

"You mind telling him your name?" Buffy regards to him who's covered his dirt and bloody scratch marks.

"Fuck you" He spat

"I don't think he knows his name" Buffy shrugs.

Out of impatience I pick up the closest thing I could find.. A shovel and swing it across his head but not hard enough to kill him. "He asked you a question" I grunt. He slurs something under his breath but we can't make it out.

"What was that?"

"Syris" He speaks up

"Who sent you?"

"Don't worry about it" He answers.

"Fair enough...I guess you don't wanna talk to us" Buffy hangs his head down.

"But my friend here...Corey isn't in the greatest of moods because your "boss" is after the very person he cares about most in this world" He crouches down to the man

"Please Syris I really don't wanna have to hurt you more than I already have" I exhaust.

"You need to tell me who it is that sent you and maybe...you'll walk out of here alive unlike your friends." I attempt to level with him twisting the shovel around.

"I-It's his name is Jay Lawrence" The dude man caved in.

Vera's dad?

________________________________

A/N
back to back😫