Get you off

VERA

"You're a heavy sleeper" Corey deadpanned.

I was in a daze waking up from my nap during english that ended when I felt a repeated nudge on my shoulder.

"Why'd you have to wake me?" I groan. I was barely able to get any sleep due to my love for procrastination and binge watching criminal minds.

"Because I couldn't bare another minute without seeing your beady dark eyes." He exaggerates.

"Shut up" I groan putting my head back down.

"Monroe told me to" He admits.

"I can't wait to go home" Sacha sighed looking even more exhausted than I did.

"It's only second period" Corey tells him

"Well it's been two periods too much." I say.

    It had been a week since the little skip fiasco of which my mother wouldn't let me hear the end of. The words "Vera Lawrence where the hell have you been" were giving me night terrors. No phone. No internet. No TV....for a whole week. If I had told her who I was really with she'd probably even go as far as unenrolling me. In all fairness I'd probably raise hell if my kid skipped school with a boy too.

"After this week you won't have a good reason to talk to me out of class" I tell him. My time being his tutor has up Friday.

"You know I can do a lot more to you than just talk no?" He says.

"Yet you can't even get me past first base" I mock getting a laugh from Sacha causing me to exaggerate my laugh and dap him up.

"Real funny" He cheesed turning his body back to the front. We've kissed twice since then and nothing else but I hope it's because he was too nervous to try rather than him just not finding me sexually appealing. Probably just wanted to take things slow. That's a first.

   Earlier today Jude had told me about the club meeting after school...about time. I was beginning to think it was no longer a thing the way Moore hadn't called us in for the past month.

________________

"Vera you in?" Essence ask dealing uno cards. You'd think they've learned from the times we've played before...uno never goes well.

"Yeah" I sit down with my tray holding a turkey burger and sweet potato fries.

"Make sure y'all watch her ass..can't have her cheating like last time" Jonah adds grabbing his stack.

"If anything they gotta watch it's YOU" I retort. I pick up my deck and notice a wild card and two plus two's. This'll either end with me winning or having to pick up more than I have right now.

Jonah goes first and puts down a red 9 and I follow with a blue 9. Essence sighed at the color change as Nessa placed a blue 4 and proceeds to put down a draw two. Jonah adds another causing me to add another one and all our eyes travel to an expressionless Ness.

Who puts another one down.

As Essence picks up 8 cards

Not too long after Nessa was the first one out and was now on her phone and observing our game at once.

"Un-"

"No uno out." I sped stopping Jonah making him pick a card up.

"UNO!" I grin putting my last green card down looking at a displeased Jonah.

"You've been improving" Essence compliments

"Must've learned from her little boyfriend because it definitely wasn't from playing with us" Nessa comments causing them to giggle.

"All that extraaa time" Essence teased.

"Playing kissy face" Jonah adds onto them. God I hated them. I roll my eyes shaking my head as I dip the mushy fry into ranch.

Was I whipped? yeah.

Am I going to admit it? Nah

    The fire alarm starting blaring through the cafeteria causing conversation to stop for a split second. I looked around at the Cafeteria and see everyone getting up. "SINGLE FILE LINE CALMY EXIST" One of the teachers yelled. single file? we're about to burn in here and they want us to walk out in a fucking line?

"Is this a drill?" Ness questions.

"If it was I think they would've mentioned it by now." Jonah answers her. They led us through the cafeteria exit that led us to the back of the school. Smoke wasn't coming from the kitchen so probably just a science lab experiment gone wrong. It was a little cold outside but nothing I couldn't handle.

  By the time they'd told us it was safe to go back in it'd already been time to go to next period.

                          ________________

      The news paper meeting was shorter than I expected and long story short Jude and I we were going to report on this super big football game. I actually loved reporting on sports and this time they needed two segments so I'll get to write a little.

   I walked inside the house and didn't hear anything. "MOM?" I called. I go upstairs to her door and heard the shower running. She wasn't mad at me for long so I guess that boyfriend of hers was doing something right.

     Even though I barely did anything today I was tired and needed a hot shower. While undressing to head in the shower I receive a text message from Corey

************

Corey: Guess what

Me: what😱

Corey: I'm getting another Bike😩

Me: do you really need two death machines

Corey: Stop calling them death machines

Me: just calling it as it is😴

Corey: Fair enough.

Me: 😌😌

Corey: What you up to?

Me: just naked in a towel
Me: about to take a shower

Corey: Oh

Me: "Oh"
Me: Is that bad?

Corey: No not all
Corey: what I'm actually thinking just wouldn't be very appropriate

Me: go ahead I'd love to know more🤔

Corey: and embarrass myself even further ? no thanks.😴
Corey: Go shower 🧼 🚿

************

____________________________________

A/N
took a lil break😵‍💫
next chapter finna get good😅

Vote
comment
Thanks for reading <3