Never That Deep

VERA

It had been thirty minutes into the period and everyone either had their heads down sleeping or were on their phones..Corey on the other hand seemed very determined to finish his class work.

"So what are your plans for this weekend?" I asked Sacha.

"Nothing yet, why? you had something in mind?" He responds scooting closer.

"Just might" I play with his hand.

"So how's your photography thing going?" Sacha questions.

"I haven't been doing much but I'm supposed to take some shots for the art show tonight so we'll see how it goes" I shrug

"Well if it counts for anything princess you have some of the best pictures I've ever had the chance to lay my eyes on" He flatters.

"Are you sure her pictures are the only thing of hers you've laid your eyes on and happen to like Sacha?" Corey interjects chuckling to himself

Sacha became flustered from his remark.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked him

"You are." He confessed

"You haven't stopped talking to him for the past 10 minutes and it's distracting." He blurts.

"Cor relax it's not that deep" Sacha tries to calm.

"You right it isn't but he sure as hell just made it." I roll my eyes and get up swinging my bag with a little more force than I hoped and bumped Corey's head.

  Couldn't necessarily say that was an accident.

"Watch where you're going." He hissed.

"Ms Lawrence is there a problem?" Mrs. Monroe asked noticing that I was standing.

"Yes your new transfer can't seem to keep his comments to himself." I complain

"Corey is this true?" she turns to ask him.

"Yes ma'am but only because she was causing a distraction, I didn't mean for my words to go as far as they did." He said softly lying straight through his teeth.

"Good news, both of you can bond even more tonight by helping clean up after today's art show." She directs to us.

"But-" I try to object

"That or detention for the rest of week" Monroe finalized.

________________

"GIVE ME TEN LAPS RUN!" we heard over Essence's panting.

"V I- I don't think I can keep going for much longer" she huffs. She was always over dramatic but this time she was accurate. I was struggling more than a bitch.

"Come on Ess, I'm tired too but we only got a couple more laps left " I plead. If it's one thing I disliked more than english it was running.

"What you doing after school?" She began

"Oh you I didn't tell you? I have to clean up after the art show because some halfwit couldn't keep his thoughts to himself" I explained.

She sighed. "Monroe and her punishments."

________________

It was after school, parents and guest had already been lining up to come in. Willow peak had been known and kinda popular for their art program but I didn't think this big.