I wanna go home

The lake was pretty fun and we could've stayed for longer but right when the sun began to set Corey got pushy demanding we'd head back inside.

  "But can't we stay for longer?" I plead

"Maybe another time" He sniffles and grabs my hand.

"You sound like you're getting sick" I comment picking myself up.

"SEE YOU GUYS LATER" Buffy says speaking for the rest of them as we head back to Corey's house. I texted my mom that I was staying back and suspicions grew at first but I managed assure her nothing would happen.

                 ________________

Back up in Corey's room I was gathering my things so I could leave right away after dinner. Pretty sure his mom was making pasta or some type of Italian dish...no difference to me anyway.

"Aren't you staying?" Corey walks out the shower questioning. I turn around to see a half naked Corey.

"Put a shirt on will you?" I glare at him. Secretly I could feel my insides heating up.

"Grow up will you?" He mocks

"Besides how am I supposed to just to spawn a shirt out of nowhere?" He grabs one from the drawer.

"Y'know before you barked at me to put a shirt on I was hoping we'd continue what we started earlier" Corey grins approaching me.

Why are men such dogs.

"No. There are people down stairs and bedsides I only have sex with those I'm in a relationship with and actually love" I brush him off. The grin or whatever joy he had left on his face fades.

"Ouch" He lets out a light chuckle

"I didn't mean it like that" I start feeling like an ass. He doesn't reply and leads me out the door. Down stairs there were quite a few people I haven't met before but I recognized like two of Coreys friends.

"Vera I'm so glad you decided to stay for dinner" Mrs Bancroft comes up to me said. I mean free food so why not.

"It's my pleasure" I smile

"I want you to meet my husband, Chris..Corey's dad" I look over to a tall mean looking man holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you Mr." I accept his hand shake which seemed to make Corey tighten his grip on me.

"Same to you Clara" He say's confidently.

"It's Vera." Corey corrects sneering. He's never talked about his father or their relationship so this is a surprise.

"Corey why don't you be a gentlemen and show Vera her seat" She insisted. He nods gripping my hand over to the other side of the table. Corey pulls my chair out for me to sit then takes his next to me.

"I'm very sorry about my father. He's already had so much to drink" He whispers.

Soon enough everyone took their seats and just chattered. They looked like they had a lot of questions as to why I was here but were very scared to ask.

Food was passed around and everyone dug into their various amounts of pasta. In my opinion, Mrs Bancroft cooked very well for a white lady. If not judging books by covers were a person.

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming and eating with us especially our new guest Veraa" Mrs. Bancroft sang making everyone turn their heads to me. Way to point me out woman.

"We also can't forget the main reason why we're here today and that is to celebrate my dear son Corey's departure for Monson Chasity!"

What.

Everything around me seemed to stop as I was trying to process the words that came out of her mouth. This was a goodbye dinner?

What the hell is Monson Chasity?

I looked over at Corey who seemed to be as surprised as I was.

But at what exactly..

That it came out or that he's leaving?

Everyone cheered and toasted their glasses. I was surrounded by joy and laughter for what seemed to be the worst day of my year.

"Are you okay?" Corey watched the bland expression on my face.

"I don't know how about I plan to go away not tell you until last minute?" I try to ignore the feeling of something building up in my throat.

"I was going to tell you" He informs me.

"mhm"

"If you want to go talk about this somewhere else we can." He states.

"It's all good I don't want to cause a scene" I plaster my best smile picking up another bite of my Alfredo and forced it down. Corey attempts to grip my thigh and I move away.

"Princess co-" He began until three loud bangs sounded off the front door causing the room to go silent.

"Where we expected someone else Chris?" Mrs. Bancroft asked.

"Not that I know of" He shrugs.

"I'll be back" Corey gets up to go see what's outside. He goes on to open and everyone remains with a puzzled look on their faces.

"Where's the girl?" One of them shouts at Corey and everyone hears through the open door.

"What girl?" He questions back

"Don't play dumb with us boy..where is she?" Another voice rang. Mr. Bancroft, Buffy, and a few other men got up to see what was going on.

"Is there a problem boys?" Corey's dad asked them.

"We're here to take the girl" They growled impatient. Everyone including me got up to see what was going on outside.

"Get back." Corey demanded as they walked on closer.

"Well Klaus..I don't think finding her will be hard as she's the only colored one here" Of them chuckled.

Well shit.

"She's not going anywhere." Corey growls.

"Look we aren't here for any trouble mate..It's just boss wants us to get the girl and that's exactly what we're going to do."

"Vera get back inside." Corey demands with a level of anger in him i've never heard before.

"NOW." I felt someone tugging at me to go inside but I refuse

"Vera, Darling..Just come with us we won't harm you" One of the black men say.

"Over my dead body." Corey walks up closer to them.

"Then so be it" The thin one deadpanned.

                  _________________

A/N
*2 months later*

thoughts?

sorry y'all...school started and i got lazy😹

school started and i got lazy😹