Stranger No Danger

VERA

   "V BABY GET UP YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE" My mom screams from downstairs. I Burst up in an attempt to shake off the groggy feeling from waking up.

    I direct the faucet to a warm temperature and stick my tooth brush underneath.

  The sudden reminder that today I had to work the art show came to me. I wasn't going to do much walk around taking statements and pictures with Jude Lee this other girl from the article. Photography and film were somethings I took serious interest in but soon had to realize that the chances of making a successful career out of the two weren't in my favor.

  Getting out the shower I choose to put on a plaid button up over it over a black undershirt, and a pair an old straight leg medium wash blue jeans.

(closest image i could find)

    "You want something to eat before you go" My mom ask

  "No I'm not hungry." I assure her.

"I have to stay back at school for some time so if it isn't too much can you pick me up at 8?" I continued to ask her.

  "Yeah of course no problem." She confirms before walking off to pick up a phone call.

"Bye Maaaa" I drag in the distance while picking up my bag to head out. The bus stop was about a minute walk from here...maybe 40 seconds if I walked fast enough.

  It was chillier than it had been this month so fall weather must be setting in. I loved the colder weather, I couldn't stand being in 80-90 degree weather 24/7.

   There were three other people waiting at the stop, one looked to be about in middle school and the others lower class men.

  I put my wired earbuds on and hit shuffle play

     *Body Language by Doja Cat starts playing*

                        ________________

     My second period was Ap U.S history with Ness. We were never really assigned permanent seats but since everyone just sat in the same places everyday so they were kind of already "ours" .

    "OH V ! you're never going to believe what happened" Ness said eagerly

"Spill." I demand

"I decided to askharperoutonadateandshesaidyes!" She speeds trying not to cheese.

  "NO WAY?? WHEN? took you long enough." I let out in a low whisper scream.

   "We settled on Friday afternoon" She replies

"Better call me so I can help pick out your clothes" I tell her

"Read my mind" She finishes going back to her paper.

I worked on the second paragraph of my DBQ for the last twenty minutes until the bell rung.

"Alright class wrap it up." Mr Robins announced opening the door. He was popular with the students...especially the girls, couldn't really blame them. Mr. Robins was in his late 30s, brown hair, tall, fit, and had black glasses to top it all of.

"Aight I gotta go" I push my desk in parting with Nessa.

I have english now. I was more of a math person and to be fair english hasn't been interesting in like..ever.

                       _________________

    My english class was made up of 8 tables with four seats at each. Nothing special and pretty much like all other classrooms

    "AHEM" Mrs. Monroe clears here throat where we soon noticed the manly figure by the door.

    no...not again...a week ago I didn't even know this guy existed but now I can't seem to escape him.

"As some of you may've noticed we have a new addition to this class" She announced. most of us remained silent and few whispered.

"Everyone give Corey a warm welcome" Mrs Monroe continued.

     Some waved and others gave boring hellos

"Mr. BanCroft you can take a seat at that half empty table over there" She points in our direction.

   I sat with this boy named Sacha who I just talked to all the time. All the other tables were full except ours with two empty seats so it's common sense he'd come here.

"Thank you" He mumbled to Monroe. Walking towards the table.

"Corey you didn't tell me you were transferring english classes?" Sacha says dapping him up.

Oh great...they know each other 

"Trust me I didn't know either" He spoke. He looked in my direction for a second making brief eye contact before turning around.

What is he? too good enough to acknowledge me now?

"and this is Vera" Sacha introduces me.

"I've seen her around" He informs Sach.

ouch.

I shifted in my seat moving its place a little which seemed to grab his attention.

  "Can I help you?" I sneered. 

"CaN i HeLp YoU?" He imitates making the same face teasing me.

"Why are you acting you don't even know my name?" I whisper.

"Whats wrong? I thought you didn't know me" He alludes

What the fuck? I was nowhere near him when I said that.

"I never said that..at least not to you" I lie

"You didn't have to." He retorts turning back around to listen to Mrs Monroe.

________________

A/N

that was a lil....